New Orleans Development Thread

NCB

If you want to find the contracts for any commercial project that is let in North America go to Bidclerk.com. You can narrow it to Louisiana and each listing gives a brief overview for free. To get more info on the projects you have to be a member and that is quite expensive.

If you want to find the contracts for any commercial project that is let in North America go to Bidclerk.com. You can narrow it to Louisiana and each listing gives a brief overview for free. To get more info on the projects you have to be a member and that is quite expensive.

There's an artists rendering of the lakefront project on page 17 of The New Orleans Developement Thread but I can't seem to paste it on a new listing. Perhaps someone else can.

That's it. I believe the site just to the west side of the Seabrook Bridge on the Industrial Canal at the lake.

I found some more interesting projects for New Orleans at bidclerk.com

28 floor condo project i.d. 427534 (no clue)

37 floor condo 413360 (930 Poydras?)

2-3 30 floor condos 488619 (no clue)

13 acres 2 million s.f. 488723 (no clue)

17 floor condo 477677 (?)

653 hotel room addition to World Trade Center (?)

Crescent City Towers to start 12/06 472096

25 floor condo 405410 (Vantage?)

30 floor condo 457720 (?)

I found some more interesting projects for New Orleans at bidclerk.com

28 floor condo project i.d. 427534 (no clue)

37 floor condo 413360 (930 Poydras?)

2-3 30 floor condos 488619 (no clue)

13 acres 2 million s.f. 488723 (no clue)

17 floor condo 477677 (?)

653 hotel room addition to World Trade Center (?)

Crescent City Towers to start 12/06 472096

25 floor condo 405410 (Vantage?)

30 floor condo 457720 (?)

more good news

Korean housing manufacturer could bring 7,000 jobs to New Orleans

Article

Please do not paste entire articles here at UrbanPlanet. Thanks!

Edited by NCB

Just want to say that while in Chicago for the Saints game, I have not found in my life a larger group of more vile, classless folks then Bears fans. We may not have won, but we certainly win in class. Regardless, I cant wait to kick their ass next year!!

I heard a Saints fan got hit with a snowball with a battery inside. That's criminal!

Today on WWL radio they reported that the City Council deferred on approval of the Trump Tower pending a traffic study. I sure hope they don't diminish this project.

I wouldnt be too worried about the Trump thing. Looking at the size of the footprint of the tower its important that the traffic will flow well. Trump and them should have had that done already. The site of the tower is actually rather small. So placement of parking garage entrance and other valet,taxis zones is important here and should be done correctly to assure a smooth operation once open.

I got hit with watermelon, told to go back to my f**kin Fema Trailer, asked if i got my outfit from looting. I mean now it can sound funny but at the time of the game i was pissed and i was in the club level. I can only imagine the other areas. Well go Peyton and the Saints will kill the Bears next year!

Yea, I don't think we need to worry about the Trump Tower. I heard NOMAR president Frank Trapani on WWL this morning on my way into work, and this sounds like a done deal. Just a little bump in the road on the way to construction in a couple of months. According to Trapani, the developers have seen a considerable amount of buyers, and the only thing left now is construction. :thumbsup:

http://www.wwl.com/Article.asp?id=338064&spid=

I'm not sure of the completion timetable either. It will be in the old Customs building on Canal and North Peters, next to Canal Place. I'm up in the Canal Place parking garage often when I'm taking pictures, and frequently there are workers on the roof of the building. I'm not completely sure what they're doing, but something is being done.

Actually the Old Customs building is not where the Biotech lab is going. The Customs House is suppose to be that new Audubon Nature facility, Insectarium. I have no idea what the timetable is on that. That project has been in delays forever. The biotech is further up the street by Kraus.

Yeah, I am sure they will eventually be completed. Im not even sure who wants to use a Biotech lab that is 6 years late on delivery, but I hope someone does. The Insectarium will probably be on hold til the NAture Institute recovers financially from Katrina. It will happen though.