New Orleans Development Thread

NCB

Thanks for posting the good news. I can hardly wait for this landmark tower to start! Despite construction spike that has made things more difficult everywhere,esp. the Gulf Coast. This says alot about the city IMO! Looking forward to seeing some progression pics too.

Edited by richyb83

While I'm excited to see the building preserved and turned into condos, (Canal needs MORE residential conversions) I just cant imagine anyone wanting to live with a dangerous housing project in your backyard. :dontknow:

I thought they closed the Iberville projects.

:shades:

^They did, indeed, sgray. But even so, this isn't the only upscale project planned for that portion of the city, there's also the two, 30 story towers in a single project planned for an empty lot on Saint Louis Street nearby. http://www.emporis.com/en/wm/cx/?id=1501st...reet-neworleans

However, I haven't heard anything new about that project in quite some time.

The same can be said for people living in the Garden District.

The garden District doesn't have a project in it's backyard. Not anymore. :rolleyes: But I'm still baffled at why folk defend this ugly monstrosity anchoring our main grand boulevard. And I still wonder what type of condo dweller will live there....WITH a murderous ghetto in ones back yard??? Will they discount the condo fee for the occasional murder?

I thought they closed the Iberville projects.

:shades:

They are 'partially' re-opened. Something to do with the hotels needing cooks and cleaners and room attendants......I dunno. I contend it was to shut the rabble-rousers up. "SAVE IBERVILLE"! Indeed. :whistling:

The Garden District is surrounded by projects & wards. Louisiana Avenue runs through the area AND it's one of the boundaries of Magnolia Projects. Valence St. (13th Ward) intersects with St. Charles Ave at it's southern end. I live in close proximity to the Garden District :shades: New Orleans is a checkerboard of good areas to notoriously dangerous areas. For every wealthy area one lives in, go 3 blocks N,S,E,W and you'll be in a warzone.

Edited by UptownNewOrleans

The Garden District is surrounded by projects & wards. Louisiana Avenue runs through the area AND it's one of the boundaries of Magnolia Projects. Valence St. (13th Ward) intersects with St. Charles Ave at it's southern end. I live in close proximity to the Garden District :shades: New Orleans is a checkerboard of good areas to notoriously dangerous areas. For every wealthy area one lives in, go 3 blocks N,S,E,W and you'll be in a warzone.

Oh I understand the mixed nature of New Orleans neighborhoods; I am not seeking to change that one bit. I am seeking to change the configuration of ONE MOTHER SHIP DOMINATING/RADIATING HER NEGATIVE ETHOS INTO THE MORE IMPORTANT HISTORICAL AREAS that she is allowed to exist in. SHE is a visitor, considering the age of the hoods and homes she exists in......There is a clear difference between a row of houses on a street that some own and some do not and a MOTHER SHIP. The former can be controlled and maneuvered much easier; the latter offers ENTRENCHMENT...at best. And C.J. Peete is really not the Garden District proper....it is Central City. The St. Thomas resided directly within the Garden, Lower Garden, and Irish Channel hoods........which existed LOOOOONG before the mother ship Thomas. Mother ship is gone....and so is the sense of being held hostage. Now we must move to the OTHER side of 'The Avenue' and raze those other mother ships. And then on to Lafitte and Iberville. It is time that our history cease being defined by this filth as well as black New Orleans. That is, black New Orleans being defined by it as well. :angry:

Edited by WRM2007