NCB

New Orleans Development Thread

I am just glad to hear that this is on track. Really cool website. The interview said that they have a sales center opening soon. I might try to cruise by there and see what they've got going. Some where on Tchoup. (I think)

Actually the sales center will be at 711 Tchoutpitoulas Street. Its right accross the street fromthe Renaissance Hotel on the first floor.

BTW, regarding the Lakefront proposals. They are still viable regardless of who runs the levees.

Its hard for me to see who wants to live in that location. I cant see it being any better than Vantage. I really do hope something gets going over there, but luxury condos seems like an odd choice. Maybe it will be more mixed use.

I dont think so, they are more addressing the need for more people trained, but that takes a little bit of time. The studio has been started on. I dont know if its in phases or not. Maybe someone here knows more to clarify this issue.

I went to a public hearing for the city planning commision and Riverview at Julia was not passed and none of the devlopers were there to defend the project

Thanks for posting the good news. I can hardly wait for this landmark tower to start! Despite construction spike that has made things more difficult everywhere,esp. the Gulf Coast. This says alot about the city IMO! Looking forward to seeing some progression pics too.

Edited by richyb83

That letter is on the front page of the brochure I was given at the preview party a couple weeks ago. The Model for the building was an actual ice sculpture. Wish I had my camera then!

THE KRAUSS PROJECT RESUMES

While I'm excited to see the building preserved and turned into condos, (Canal needs MORE residential conversions) I just cant imagine anyone wanting to live with a dangerous housing project in your backyard. :dontknow:

While I'm excited to see the building preserved and turned into condos, (Canal needs MORE residential conversions) I just cant imagine anyone wanting to live with a dangerous housing project in your backyard. :dontknow:

I thought they closed the Iberville projects.

:shades:

^They did, indeed, sgray. But even so, this isn't the only upscale project planned for that portion of the city, there's also the two, 30 story towers in a single project planned for an empty lot on Saint Louis Street nearby. http://www.emporis.com/en/wm/cx/?id=1501st...reet-neworleans

However, I haven't heard anything new about that project in quite some time.

The same can be said for people living in the Garden District.

The garden District doesn't have a project in it's backyard. Not anymore. :rolleyes: But I'm still baffled at why folk defend this ugly monstrosity anchoring our main grand boulevard. And I still wonder what type of condo dweller will live there....WITH a murderous ghetto in ones back yard??? Will they discount the condo fee for the occasional murder?

I thought they closed the Iberville projects.

:shades:

They are 'partially' re-opened. Something to do with the hotels needing cooks and cleaners and room attendants......I dunno. I contend it was to shut the rabble-rousers up. "SAVE IBERVILLE"! Indeed. :whistling:

The Garden District is surrounded by projects & wards. Louisiana Avenue runs through the area AND it's one of the boundaries of Magnolia Projects. Valence St. (13th Ward) intersects with St. Charles Ave at it's southern end. I live in close proximity to the Garden District :shades: New Orleans is a checkerboard of good areas to notoriously dangerous areas. For every wealthy area one lives in, go 3 blocks N,S,E,W and you'll be in a warzone.

Edited by UptownNewOrleans

The Garden District is surrounded by projects & wards. Louisiana Avenue runs through the area AND it's one of the boundaries of Magnolia Projects. Valence St. (13th Ward) intersects with St. Charles Ave at it's southern end. I live in close proximity to the Garden District :shades: New Orleans is a checkerboard of good areas to notoriously dangerous areas. For every wealthy area one lives in, go 3 blocks N,S,E,W and you'll be in a warzone.

Oh I understand the mixed nature of New Orleans neighborhoods; I am not seeking to change that one bit. I am seeking to change the configuration of ONE MOTHER SHIP DOMINATING/RADIATING HER NEGATIVE ETHOS INTO THE MORE IMPORTANT HISTORICAL AREAS that she is allowed to exist in. SHE is a visitor, considering the age of the hoods and homes she exists in......There is a clear difference between a row of houses on a street that some own and some do not and a MOTHER SHIP. The former can be controlled and maneuvered much easier; the latter offers ENTRENCHMENT...at best. And C.J. Peete is really not the Garden District proper....it is Central City. The St. Thomas resided directly within the Garden, Lower Garden, and Irish Channel hoods........which existed LOOOOONG before the mother ship Thomas. Mother ship is gone....and so is the sense of being held hostage. Now we must move to the OTHER side of 'The Avenue' and raze those other mother ships. And then on to Lafitte and Iberville. It is time that our history cease being defined by this filth as well as black New Orleans. That is, black New Orleans being defined by it as well. :angry:

Edited by WRM2007

WOW! :good: I hope the Lincoln Beach project comes thru! That would be HUGE for the entire region! A great blend of mixed-use development.

Edited by richyb83