New Orleans Development Thread

NCB

If its 72 floors does that mean there will be a height change? Lets hope it goes even higher!!

Judging from the fact that they are already getting interest in the $8 million dollar penthouses without even advertising, I'd guess they're adding some of those. The profit margin is greatest with those units.

I also heard that they will be advertising in Europe to take advantage of the weak dollar. Great move on their part. I'm starting to think this building will sell out easily.

Some of you may remember this project being talked about a few months ago. Not much info was released, but we knew about a new condotel coming to the edge of the Quarter. Well, here it is:

Royal Cosmopolitan Hotel

Located on Royal Street between Canal and Iberville streets in the French Quarter, The Royal Cosmopolitan will offer sweeping panoramic views of the city, 107 luxurious residential condominium suites, 24 hotel guest rooms and exquisite amenities. It is destined to play a major role in the continued revitalization of the French Quarter and downtown New Orleans.

hotel.gif

http://www.royalcosmopolitan.com/index.php...ge&Itemid=1

With all of those bay windows, it looks like a mega-stretch of the La Pavillon Hotel.

I was thinking the exact same thing. :lol:

I don't think it's terrible, but it could certainly be a bit more sleek. But I'm expecting this to be a project with many changes in the future. Remember what most of us said about the Trump Tower being a bland box...and suddenly one morning we check the website and see a taller and far more sleek glass building.

I think the rendering of the Royal Cosmopolitan doesn't look to hot either. Maybe the actual building will turn out better.

What ever happened to this project in an article from early this year? I thought it was go for lift off.

930 Poydras Tower

37-story tower pegged for CBD

sgray, please do not post entire articles. When possible, provide a link instead. Thanks! -NCB

I was thinking the exact same thing. :lol:

I don't think it's terrible, but it could certainly be a bit more sleek. But I'm expecting this to be a project with many changes in the future. Remember what most of us said about the Trump Tower being a bland box...and suddenly one morning we check the website and see a taller and far more sleek glass building.

I was no fan of Trump when it first came out. That was when it had all of the balconies and looked like something that belonged in Miami. The current version is much better.

The problem with New Orleans architects is that many of them try to imitate the old style, and the imitations end up looking very cheap, like the Astor. Thank goodness someone finally saw the light when Tracage was designed. Speaking of which, what the heck is going on with Tracage?

I was no fan of Trump when it first came out. That was when it had all of the balconies and looked like something that belonged in Miami. The current version is much better.

The problem with New Orleans architects is that many of them try to imitate the old style, and the imitations end up looking very cheap, like the Astor. Thank goodness someone finally saw the light when Tracage was designed. Speaking of which, what the heck is going on with Tracage?

Tracage is in the process of converting to hard contracts right now. They will begin tearing up the old slab from the warehouse that was there very shortly. Construction should begin in early 2008 (end of Jan). But yes, I must agree that Tracage will be one of the nicest if not the nicest building in the downtown area.

Some renderings of Tracage for anyone not too familiar with the tower:

indexun6.jpg

indexjm8.jpg

indexsi0.jpg

indexsg8.jpg

If you guys want to see some fantastic views of the New Orleans CBD and Uptown, go to the Tracage website (here), then click on "building" and on the bottom left of the page, click on "Unit Views" Check out the views from the 20th floor and the pool deck...amazing! :w00t:

There's a new 5 story office tower coming to the Michoud Facility. It's a $40 million project that will be "the first major new construction project at the Michoud Assembly Facility in decades."

Very good to see Michoud is expanding!

New $40 million office building planned for Michoud

Article

The night rendering of the Tracage is my favorite!

I started a Michoud thread awhile back; not being used, oh well I tried :rolleyes::lol: It's good to see Michoud expanding, thanks for posting Nate :thumbsup: An important economic engine for the Metro area.

More expansion news....

WWII Museum Launches N.O. Project

http://www.2theadvocate.com/news/business/12565641.html

The National World War II Museum in New Orleans said today it has awarded a $42 million construction contract for the next phase of the museum