New Orleans Development Thread

NCB

Where is the article about the office tower. If the gloves doesn't fit you must acquit Show me the article about the 900 foot tower. Put up or S up

There is no article, that's what I've been trying to say this whole time, the project is still in the early development stages.

How did you hear about it. there must be some print media or video media about the project. Please send me info about the project.

Originally heard about it from friends working in the city, and have since read about it on other local forums in New Orleans. There are no articles or video's on a project that has not even been officially made public yet. Like I've been saying, it's still in the early planning stages, epsecially after Katrina.

First, thank's to monsoon for catching that post while I was off of the forum, much appreciated.

Man you are silly

And imaterry, even though you had not come out with any name calling prior to this, you have been stepping on toes in the Shreveport-Bossier City forum as well. You are certainly welcome here if you contribute positively to the discussion, otherwise, leave.

floor plans released for the Trump Tower & Crescent City Residences (Plaza Tower)!

Crescent City Tower

Trump Tower New Orleans

Thanks for posting the Crescent City Towers website, nola! I wasn't aware that it had been updated, defainately a big improvment there. Did you see those views!? Man, I would be out on the balcony every night taking the same pictures over and over and over again. And man, can you imagine the Fouth of July fireworks show over the river? From that angle you'd get a shot of the fireworks right over the skyline. Hey, a guy can dream, can't he? :D

Just think of what a mega-catalyst New Orleans would be had it remained the capitol. It might have been stealing people from Houston.

Well, up until 1965 New Orleans was booming everywhere because of the oil industry. There were about 700,000 people in New Orleans in 1965, and after that, it the population level started dropping. Houston had a large affect on that, as many of the oil companies relocated there, and we lost health care jobs to Houston. But really, that's how it works, cities grow at extremely fast levels, affecting somewhat nearby cities' indutries. Just look at how Atlanta affected Birmingham even more than Houston affected New Orleans. Luckily New Orleans is much more than a city that offers only population and jobs, and we're still a major and beloved major city today.

Many people do not like Plaza Tower. But I think it looks O.K . Now the upgrade/conversion looks really nice.

Charlotteman says New Orleans has one of the worst skylines; everybody is entitled to their opinion, but I strongly disagree! The Crescent City's Skyline is #5 or 6 in the South and Top 20 in the U.S. IMO.

Edited by richyb83

Well, up until 1965 New Orleans was booming everywhere because of the oil industry. There were about 700,000 people in New Orleans in 1965, and after that, it the population level started dropping. Houston had a large affect on that, as many of the oil companies relocated there, and we lost health care jobs to Houston. But really, that's how it works, cities grow at extremely fast levels, affecting somewhat nearby cities' indutries. Just look at how Atlanta affected Birmingham even more than Houston affected New Orleans. Luckily New Orleans is much more than a city that offers only population and jobs, and we're still a major and beloved major city today.

^You know, I like you Nate because you always have a nice, thoughtout explanation for me and I really apprieciate it. Not that no one else does a good job, but Nate always just seems to be step up. :)

^You know, I like you Nate because you always have a nice, thoughtout explanation for me and I really apprieciate it. Not that no one else does a good job, but Nate always just seems to be step up. :)

Hey thanks man. I just try my best to explain things as clearly as possible and throw in some interesting/useful info if I can. :thumbsup:

I like this development too, especially considering, like Slidell metioned, the land being considered, and the man behind the project. I've heard that towers as tall as 400 feet could be proposed for this area, but nothing official yet. If I remember correctly, the official announcement on this plan will be in about a week or so. Looking forward to it!