New Orleans Development Thread

NCB

The river garden project is right off the warehouse district, I said area ayways. Its located in that weird zone where the Garden District stops and the Warehouse District begins.

Cheers,

Derek

I dont see how something can be a pipe dream if they are hiring Daniel Libeskind. I am sure his services dont come cheap.

Does anyone know any more about this? From these renderings on Trump New Orleans' website, the building has been redesigned from this:

trump-bldg-l.jpg

to this:

trump-bldg-s.jpg

I really like the original plan, but wow, I can't say that I don't love the sleek and shiny look of the new glass tower rendering. As well as that spire reaching for the sky.

I dont think it will be too big of an issue and balconies arent the greatest when you get above a cetain height. Its too breezy and I think people will probably rather more living space. Also, dont forget there are pool and spa spaces on outdoor decks on floors 33 and another somehwere in the 50s.

All of these projects have to find buyers first. Its is one thing to appeciate good design. It is another thing

to actually get it built.

It would be a tremedous statement to the rest of the country if these high rises get filled amd completed. It would mean that New Orleans and Southeastern LA. are definitely back and stronger than ever. Regrettably, right now, the population, income and market here cannot support this many high rise buildings at one time. You have to rely on out of town - second home buyers, and that is exactly who we have lost since Katrina. Prob. less than half of the projects mentioned in this thread will ever get out of the ground in the near future, or will be drastically redesigned.

Tennis, if my memory serves, you have reservations at the Vantage project, Tracage, and now Trump.

That's alot of deposits! Do you plan to go forward with all?

Yes, I do plan on going through with them all except the Vantage Tower. They changed their prices and I just dont think that building is nearly as nice as everything else planned. Also, I think the Woolworth building is dead. I see the building has a for sale sign on it now. Makes sense since they never managed to get a website up. I do believe that some things wont be built. Thats just the reality of any boom, some projects make it others dont. There is also a new condo development planned on St Charles right next to Hotel Le Circle. Dont know what it is but its on a parking lot and looks to be about 12 floors.

Cheers,

Derek

would any body like to make a visual of where and what the skyline would look like witht he new trump tower

Here are two skyline shots where I just inserted an ~800 foot tall white box, at the approx. location of where Trump Tower will be built, to show its' affect on the skyline.

NewOrleansSkyline2600.jpg

IMG_73173trumpedition.jpg

Here are two skyline shots where I just inserted an ~800 foot tall white box, at the approx. location of where Trump Tower will be built, to show its' affect on the skyline.

NewOrleansSkyline2600.jpg

IMG_73173trumpedition.jpg

Nice work NCB!

In all of your free time (LOL) could you "insert" the other proposed projects into the CBD skyline photos?

It would be interesting to see the impacts of the proposed 25 story Vantage Tower, 30 story Woolworth Tower, 22 story Tracage, 28 story Bauers St Louis Place (Winn Dixie on Basin), 17 story Riverview at Julia, and the new 28 story Harrahs Hotel.

Yes indeed Nate. Nice work! I like the huge addition( Trump Tower) to the skyline. I hope all those projects fla_tiger listed above will happen. Then New Orleans will definetly have a "world class" skyline IMO. Raising the "bar" on the mountain-shaped skyline.

Currently the "Skyline" would have to rank in the Top 20 in the U.S.

Nice work NCB!

In all of your free time (LOL) could you "insert" the other proposed projects into the CBD skyline photos?

It would be interesting to see the impacts of the proposed 25 story Vantage Tower, 30 story Woolworth Tower, 22 story Tracage, 28 story Bauers St Louis Place (Winn Dixie on Basin), 17 story Riverview at Julia, and the new 28 story Harrahs Hotel.

I'll try to do that sometime tonight, fla_tiger. However, it will be tough with some of the projects, as they will behind taller buildings and at that point out of view from some of these angles, but I'll see what I can do. :thumbsup:

And just a note, the new Harrah's Hotel is completed and is visible in that second shot, which is one of my personal photos taken about 2 months ago.

IMG_73173trumpeditionHarrahs.jpg

Even though it seems small from that angle due to it's location across Poydras, pretty far away from the rest of the Canal Street skyline, you can see that it did manage to fill in part of the gap in the skyline between the Wyndham Hotel and the World Trade Center.

Does anyone know any more about this? From these renderings on Trump New Orleans' website, the building has been redesigned from this:

trump-bldg-l.jpg

to this:

trump-bldg-s.jpg

I really like the original plan, but wow, I can't say that I don't love the sleek and shiny look of the new glass tower rendering. As well as that spire reaching for the sky.

These look identical to me...

??

Did it change since you posted this, Nate?

As a Louisiana native and fan of New Orleans I personally couldn't be happier to see the development of the CBD and surrounding areas. New Orleans always deserved better but was overshadowed by Texas cities and Atlanta. People loved visiting but businesses went elsewhere. There's no reason New Orleans couldn't maintain its rich heritage, preserve its historical districts and become a thriving metropolis like Houston, Dallas and Atlanta. Sadly the dream of a bustling New Orleans was severly hampered by Hurricane Katrina but thanks to people like Donald Trump New Orleans rebuilding might put it back on the business map, better than ever. With condos people may once again live in New Orelans and not just work there. Again I look forward to seeing New Orleans skyline rise upward with those beautiful new buildings and the city get what it's deserved for so long.

As a Louisiana native and fan of New Orleans I personally couldn't be happier to see the development of the CBD and surrounding areas. New Orleans always deserved better but was overshadowed by Texas cities and Atlanta. People loved visiting but businesses went elsewhere. There's no reason New Orleans couldn't maintain its rich heritage, preserve its historical districts and become a thriving metropolis like Houston, Dallas and Atlanta. Sadly the dream of a bustling New Orleans was severly hampered by Hurricane Katrina but thanks to people like Donald Trump New Orleans rebuilding might put it back on the business map, better than ever. With condos people may once again live in New Orelans and not just work there. Again I look forward to seeing New Orleans skyline rise upward with those beautiful new buildings and the city get what it's deserved for so long.

Cross road man you hit the nail on this one. New Orleans will one day regain its crowna as the South's greatest city.