New Orleans Development Thread

NCB

i think that the wtc is the ugliest building in the city and that the developer who get the building should tear it down

We cant tear down the WTC. Its the 1st one in the entire U.S. All the building really needs is its facade redone and a mix use type for occupying the building.

Edited by nola17

We cant tear down the WTC. Its the 1st one in the entire U.S. All the building really needs is its facade redone and a mix use type for occupying the building.

I vote to take it down. That building going on forty years old sitting on about the most prominent piece of property in the city. Something fresh and striking could be put up as a beacon for the new New Orleans.

i am new to the area. Born and raised in the delta of MS. I am thinking about buying a second home in New Orleans (condo) and trying to decide where to buy. Any ideas?

It depends on how much you want to spend, but Downtown New Orleans would be a great location and the Warehouse District. If you want to be close to the lake the L'ultimate in Lakeview would be nice. Well, I hope that this information will help you welcome to the BIG EASY.

I went to my neighborhood meeting today and found out some information on a planned development project for the New Orleans Fairgrounds.

The plan calls for a 700 gaming slot machine area, and "omega fence" (that will replace the Gentilly Blvd. gate), and a 2 story 133 bed dorm (that would only be used for raceing season) for housing the horse trainers and workers.

Today we voted on the issue since it affects out planning district. We said yes, however we still need to vote officially at the City Council meeting.

Please tell me what your thought are on this so I can tell my planning members.

That depends on what building you are looking at. But i would suggest getting in a building with a tax abatement. This means you dont have to pay property taxes. ALso theWarehouse District is probably the best bet. Id suggest trying the Lofts on the corner of Julia and Tchoupitoulas. its a great building going from aparments to condo.

There are several building currently being renovetd for condos. But new highrise construction doesnt happen overnight. I have a unit in Tracage, but it wont open till 2009. But the best thing to do is get out there and look. What you might like in your units could differe from others. There certainly are things out there.

There are several building currently being renovetd for condos. But new highrise construction doesnt happen overnight. I have a unit in Tracage, but it wont open till 2009. But the best thing to do is get out there and look. What you might like in your units could differe from others. There certainly are things out there.

So Tracage, Trump, what other names can you give me? Also, are these buildings really going to happen? I heard that Vantage (sp)?? isn't being built anymore...I would really like to buy new.

So Tracage, Trump, what other names can you give me? Also, are these buildings really going to happen? I heard that Vantage (sp)?? isn't being built anymore...I would really like to buy new.

The only new construction that you can live in in the near future is a project called Mills Row. 31 units in a five story building just completed

in the Warehouse District. Corner of Tchoupitoulas and John Churchill Chase.

I think the website is www.millsrow.com

Is anything ever going to come of this project announced several months ago? I think they were going to call it Nolatown.

scan0002.jpg

None of the NO Lakefront projects announced - this one or L'Ultime, are going to happen.

This project was supposed to be on Levee Board property. The NO levee board is not in the development business anymore.

Thanks, sgray. That link was great. Did anyone hear the interview re: Tracage yesterday. I was riding around channel surfing, and landed on an AM station when they were talking to one of the developers. Sounds like they are in full swing!

Thank God! When one checks out their site and sees how the building will look and where it will be, you realize what a wonderful addition this building will be to the downtown landscape. :tough: