Baton Rouge Growth and Development

NCB

Are we talking about the parking lot that is in front of Poor Boy Lloyds? If so I kind of wanted a tower to go there. I would have liked something that would have gone along with RiverPlace. Maybe something in the 12-15 story range. I would still like to be able to see the Chase Towers. It would give downtown more of a "bulky" look if you know what I'm saying.

This was mentioned in Developbit

Real Estate Property of the Weekfrom BusinessReport

Construction of Madison Park is set to start this fall. The condominum development, at the corner of Goodwood Boulevard and Lobdell Avenue, will be made up of 70 units. Richard Cappo Construction is the builder and Remson Haley Herpin Architects designed the project. Madison Park should open late next year.

mprenderingt240vd5.jpg

Looks like a tall three stories with the sub-grade parking partially underneath. This looks really nice and should fit well in the area.

im being too lazy to actually post these in the correct thread, but here is some development from 3rd

M.JPG

SG.JPGlooks like we gonna have a place to chill upstairs

Thanks for posting this. I was really curious to get an idea of what the inside of this place would look like. I drove past there last weekend. The doors were open and it looked like they were doing some work. Couldn't really get a good look inside. Glad you posted the picture. Speaking of, how did you get these pictures?

I plan on trying out this place very close to opening night. I hope its nice, yet not too pretentious.

Are we talking about the parking lot that is in front of Poor Boy Lloyds? If so I kind of wanted a tower to go there. I would have liked something that would have gone along with RiverPlace. Maybe something in the 12-15 story range. I would still like to be able to see the Chase Towers. It would give downtown more of a "bulky" look if you know what I'm saying.

Exactly.

Becuase this was a sizable development I figured I'd post it here. Thanks to Drew for findng it. :)

Canterbury House Apartments, Baton Rouge's newest apartment community is now pre-leasing for January '08. Our convenient location on the city's east side places you within minutes of restaurants, shopping and other conveniences. Our close proximity to I-12 makes Canterbury House Apartments the location of choice! Three floorplans are offered, including The Cypress, The Magnolia and The Grand Oak. All three plans provide comfortable and convenient features such as a modern design, large closets, state-of-the-art appliances and a porch or balcony. At Canterbury House Apartments you'll enjoy a wide array of amenities, each one helping you simplify and enhance your life! Best of all, you'll appreciate our friendly and professional management team. We are here to help you make your apartment into a home. We know you have many choices and we're glad you chose Canterbury House Apartments; our mission is to make sure you are too!

SP010164.JPG

BL010164.JPG

Thanks again yall! As I said in the other thread they look alot like the Regent Apts. off I-12 @ Millerville Road. It took awhile, but figured this large space would one day fil-up with development. They had semi-cleared this land a few years back; then the brush grew-up and the property remained dormant. Like that this has more than one entrance; smart move for Sherwood Forest and So.Harrel's Ferry.

Thanks so much for finding out what this place is going to look like. I think it is going to look GREAT in that space. Talk about a "fill-in" project. I am also happy, like Richy, to see that it is going to have more than one entrance/exit. I imagine that property was going to be a hard sell with those huge power lines/poles crossing the property, but I'm glad to see someone is making it work. I don't think there is anymore large tracks of land open on Sherwood Forest. I think all that is left are a handfull of small pieces of property. Not enough to even blink an eye at tho. Filling in our sprawl...WAY TO GO!!!! :D

Yes it is Bryde, that area is primed for redevelopment! It mentions each tower four-floors of parking at the bottom..with views of the Mississippi River! My question is exactly how many floors of condo's on top of the parking?? Definetly like the "vertical sound" of this.

I am glad the Red Roof Inn and other condo development never panned out. This sounds better anyway!

Fantastic news for that site. That would be great for that area. Not to mention with this location I think that would be great to invite other development not only further down towards campus but northward to downtown. I think that whole area is prime for redevelopment. I feel all it's going to take to kick start it is a project like this. Developers are slow in this city they wait for someone else to take on the initial risk then they follow behind.

Edited by twstdndmntd

^ You are right, things are a little slow to happen; but once it does, all it takes is a spark (nice development) to ignite other projects like a domino-effect. I think in a few years you won't recognize much of that stretch of Nicholson between downtown and LSU! It should be nice. Some type of entertainment complex with bowling alley and movie theatre might even work there one day?? Oh well, guess I can dream!

Edited by richyb83

^ You are right, things are a little slow to happen; but once it does, all it takes is a spark (nice development) to ignite other projects like a domino-effect. I think in a few years you won't recognize much of that stretch of Nicholson between downtown and LSU! It should be nice. Some type of entertainment complex with bowling alley and movie theatre might even work there one day?? Oh well, guess I can dream!

I agree in a few years the whole area between campus and downtown will look drastically different. There will be a need of some kind of entertainment in that area, again I think that's where The Atrium could come in play as being transformed into somekind of shopping center. But somewhere in the middle of OSBR they need to put something like a movie theatre, a small grocery and some kind of quirky little shops. Giving the nature of what kind of people would be living in the new revitalized OSBR I think a small theatre that shows independant films would go over great there.

Thats great news. :) Is there even anything on Nicholson?

What's so special about St. Charles Avenue?

Come on now dan, besides being pedestrian friendly, add its' beatiful oak canopy, stately homes, majestic campuses, and streetcars to my reason that St Charles Av is one of those "special" streets that leaves an everlasting impression.

Any city would love to have a St Charles Av like that in New Orleans'.

Edited by fla_tiger