Baton Rouge Growth and Development

NCB

LaVie, a $1.6 billion TND is set to go before the planning commission next month.

Day TND set to appear before Planning Commission

Nearly a year after plans were first announced, Robert Day's traditional neighborhood development at Interstate 12 and O'Neal Lane is scheduled to go before the city-parish Planning Commission next month. The TND, La Vie, will feature 875 single-family lots and 650 medium-density properties on 995 acres. The development will also feature 3 million square feet of commercial and office space, including a film studio. Nearly two-thirds of the site will remain open space. Plans are to include the film studio and a town center-a shopping center for La Vie residents-in the first phase of construction. Planning Commission members have recommended that the board approve La Vie's rezoning at its Dec. 10 meeting. --Timothy Boone

Wow, is this HUGE development really going to happen?? More TND/New Urbanism type development. Not an "infil development like the others(Rouzan, Arden, Willow Grove) but on the edge of the city. Thankfully much of that land will stay a nature preserve. I will have to re-locate the site plan to this massive project! Hopefully the movie studio componet will workout!

I would like to post the TND's Riverview and LaVie site plans on the new Urbanism thread.

This would be nice too....

The plans indicate access to the project will come from O’Neal Lane at Medical Center Drive and a planned extension of S. Harrell’s Ferry. It also mentions the possibility of a new exit off of I-12, just east of the O’Neal interchange.

http://www.2theadvocate.com/news/business/11928566.html

Edited by richyb83

LaVie, a $1.6 billion TND is set to go before the planning commission next month.

Day TND set to appear before Planning Commission

Nearly a year after plans were first announced, Robert Day's traditional neighborhood development at Interstate 12 and O'Neal Lane is scheduled to go before the city-parish Planning Commission next month. The TND, La Vie, will feature 875 single-family lots and 650 medium-density properties on 995 acres. The development will also feature 3 million square feet of commercial and office space, including a film studio. Nearly two-thirds of the site will remain open space. Plans are to include the film studio and a town center-a shopping center for La Vie residents-in the first phase of construction. Planning Commission members have recommended that the board approve La Vie's rezoning at its Dec. 10 meeting. --Timothy Boone

Oh wow!

I this not the same land as the celtic movie studio?

^ You are right Brian, that's really impressive. I hadn't taken this project too seriously til now!

More impressive numbers....

Downtown: $300 million in projects under way

An unusual spate of construction downtown, including four high-rise cranes on separate projects, is gaining attention from locals as well as visitors to Baton Rouge, said Davis Rhorer, executive director of the Downtown Development District.

The DDD

Edited by richyb83

^ Hey Gauge, there is a TND Thread for BR called "New Urbanism"; check it out sometime :thumbsup: I started on it many months back; it talks about LaVie..it just did not have a name at the time it was first mentioned.

You ain't kiddin'...LaVie was one incredible looking development. The canal-walk between the boulevard in the middle of the village section near the town square & retail set's this project off!!! This is HUGE!!! I am glad they are keeping alot of that a nature/wildlife preserve; alot of is flood-plain anyway. Hopefully another interchange to I-12 really will happen??

How many movie studio's does the BR area really need??

Edited by richyb83

Widening of I-10 on drawing board

http://www.2theadvocate.com/news/12352321.html

Work to expand Interstate 10 to six lanes between Siegen Lane and the I-10/12 split should begin in late 2008 thanks to a state revenue windfall, transportation officials said Monday.

Good news, but they need to looking at expanding it to Highland as soon as this job is complete.

I was driving down Third Street about a week ago and noticed some signs in the windows of the building on the corner of Third and Florida Blvd., the building with the Coca Cola sign on it. The signs were "coming soon" signs and had the name of the bar/club, and indicated that they would have live music, Sunday brunch, etc. I think the signs said it would open in the fall of 2008. I drove by there yesterday and the signs were gone. Did anyone catch the name of the club before they took the signs down? Anyone know the plans for that building?

Thanks for the head's up yis; let the race begin! Can't wait to check it out. Eventhough both buildings are going to be 12-stories each; civic buildings tend to be taller per floor. But II City Plaza's spire should give it the vertical edge. Good to see the southern CBD will be adding some bulk to the malnutritioned skyline.

I passed downtown the other day and they are coming along nicely on II City Plaza. I am happy to see us finally making some progress on the building aspect of downtown. I think these 2 projects will be a great catalyst for further development downtown. I hope anyways. We just need to start getting some other towers developed around the Chase Towers and One American Plaza to bulk up that area.

MarketPlaceOption1_t240.jpg

The Market Place at Coursey is under development. The seventeen garden office lots between Sherwood Forest Boulevard and Airline Highway should be ready by March. Units in the development will range from 2,400 square feet to 5,800 square feet. The project is being developed by SG Cramer Interest and marketed by Thornton, Harvison and Rhodes Real Estate.

This could have been equaled to a 7 story midrise. :whistling:

Edited by dan326

This could have been equaled to a 7 story midrise. :whistling:

I can't imagine where on Coursey in that area this is going to go. As far as the 7 story midrise, I can't see something like that building built in that area....... the people would be all over that LOL

Speaking of 7 stories, any news on the Summa Plaza? There is absolutely no activity on that land.

The Summa Tower was given the OK to the GOZone incentives recently; wish they would hurry up. At 8-stories it would look good next to the 13-story Jacobs Plaza.

They look like they are prepping the land for the 7-story Drury Inn on Essn near I-10.

There was a mid-rise boom along the Sherwood Forest corridor back in the 80's. It would be cool to see more of that.

Edited by richyb83

Widening of I-10 on drawing board

http://www.2theadvocate.com/news/12352321.html

Work to expand Interstate 10 to six lanes between Siegen Lane and the I-10/12 split should begin in late 2008 thanks to a state revenue windfall, transportation officials said Monday.

Glad they are finally doing it.

By the time they are finished, they will need to add another lane though...