Little Rock Office Space

skirby

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've double-checked and can confirm that this is dead. The numbers weren't coming together, which is a crying shame as it is such a great building - a real architectural assest to the urban fabric.

Do you know if they plan on selling the building? What about the half block they bought next to it?

Do you know if they plan on selling the building? What about the half block they bought next to it?

I don't know, but I did read about the half-block purchase, which seems odd that would happen now as the lack of parking was one of the real detriments to the viability of the project.

I've double-checked and can confirm that this is dead. The numbers weren't coming together, which is a crying shame as it is such a great building - a real architectural assest to the urban fabric.

That's terrible. You're right, this is one of the best buildings in downtown in terms of potential.

There was a report in the Arkansas Times that a Hilton Garden Inn was to be built at 4th & Commerce. This is in the same block as the TufNut Lofts.

I don't have any occupancy data, but a couple of months ago we had 30 rooms reserved in the Courtyard for out of town guests at my daughter's wedding. Every guest I talked do was pleased with the hotel. The staff was very cooperative when we reserved the rooms and in placing gifts for our guests in the proper rooms.

I'm glad they treated your wedding party well. With the growth down there, I hope they build another hotel down there.

There was a report in the Arkansas Times that a Hilton Garden Inn was to be built at 4th & Commerce. This is in the same block as the TufNut Lofts.

I'm sure that will be a good location for them. I'd like to see more first tier hotels in that area but you take what you can get.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

4th quarter inventory results are in. Total downtown available space stands at 10.9%. The absorption of office space in the downtown area for 2007 was 120,000 square feet. In 2006 there was 84,000 square feet taken which makes a total of 204,000 square feet for the last two years. The suburban area shows the absorption of 105,000 square feet for the past two years with 2007 showing only 25,000 square feet taken. I think most people would be surprised that the downtown area absorption rate was almost five times that of the suburban area in 2007.

4th quarter inventory results are in. Total downtown available space stands at 10.9%. The absorption of office space in the downtown area for 2007 was 120,000 square feet. In 2006 there was 84,000 square feet taken which makes a total of 204,000 square feet for the last two years. The suburban area shows the absorption of 105,000 square feet for the past two years with 2007 showing only 25,000 square feet taken. I think most people would be surprised that the downtown area absorption rate was almost five times that of the suburban area in 2007.

• 1 month later...

The 77,000 sq. ft. Federal Reserve Building on Capitol Ave. has been purchased by Bank of the Ozarks Inc. and Mainstream Technologies Inc. Mainstream will move there from their west Little Rock location and Bank of the Ozarks will move some of their offices into the building.

The 77,000 sq. ft. Federal Reserve Building on Capitol Ave. has been purchased by Bank of the Ozarks Inc. and Mainstream Technologies Inc. Mainstream will move there from their west Little Rock location and Bank of the Ozarks will move some of their offices into the building.

Yes, but most business' locate where their customers are. It seems unusual to locate a bank HQ in the clear periphery of town, though their branches help mitigate that. Banks especially often locate in financial districts for convenience to businesses and centers of government.

Archived