Providence and Sharon Amity

appatone

I know we heard about this project some time ago. I think it was announced sometime near when Rosewood was announced. Anyway, this is the project across Sharon Amity from Rosewood. Everything has moved out and a chain link fence is going up around the peremeter of the site. This is that group of ugly brown buildings. If I recall the plan was fairly ambitious. Does anyone remember what the plan was for this site?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a great example of one of the numerous urban style projects going on in Charlotte's inner ring suburbs. These seem to be popping up everywhere. As a whole, downtown is urbanizing, but so are the suburbs. I need to snap a picture of a great urban building that popped up at Carmel Rd and Hwy 51. Its such a simple concept...an L shaped building at an intersection with parking behind, not out front.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
I am pumped about this project......it won't have unique restaurants but will have well known chain restaurants in the north...it has a Panda Express which is the first that I have heard of one here around here and also a Chipolte (Burrito Bar) that blows Moe's out of the water..I am very excited about it.

a la Dunkin Donuts penetrating the Krispy Kreme stronghold

I am pumped about this project......it won't have unique restaurants but will have well known chain restaurants in the north...it has a Panda Express which is the first that I have heard of one here around here and also a Chipolte (Burrito Bar) that blows Moe's out of the water..I am very excited about it.

a la Dunkin Donuts penetrating the Krispy Kreme stronghold

Weird, that High Point's mall got a Panda Express before Charlotte. Oh well, as long as California chains are coming, I wouldn't mind seeing Rubio's Fish tacos, Stix, or Koo Koo Roo show up. They're upscale enough to fit into South Charlotte, if Panda Express is.

• 1 month later...

I'm very impressed they kept that row of large trees (oaks?) less than a few feet from the building. Wonder why they didn't go ahead and add a floor or two since they are constructing from of steel anyway. I like seeing this project, is very near the school I was routed to when Albemarle Elem. was partially burned down many years ago.

• 1 month later...

Archived