Lower South?

swake

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oklahoma should stay with Texas, I think. So we'll stay here. I know you can't please everyone. Every forum has Oklahoma in a different place, and on each of them I run into the problem that when I post about OKC or Tulsa, the discussion that comes out is "Is OK really midwestern" or "I don't think Oklahoma posts belong in the South."

No one claims us.

:(

Oklahoma should stay with Texas, I think. So we'll stay here. I know you can't please everyone. Every forum has Oklahoma in a different place, and on each of them I run into the problem that when I post about OKC or Tulsa, the discussion that comes out is "Is OK really midwestern" or "I don't think Oklahoma posts belong in the South."

No one claims us.

:(

Tulsa is more Midwestern, Oklahoma City is more Southwestern, southeastern Oklahoma is more Southern, there is no good fit.

The right choice, and this would probaby also help people in north and west Texas that are in no way Southern either, retitle the forum "Gulf Coast and South Central United States"

It would be great to get some more action going in the West forum and eventually need to split it up. Then maybe you could get a smaller area and have a forum that most Oklahomans would prefer to be in. I admit it is an odd fit but I like having the Oklahoma and Arkansas forums in the same area. Of course I live in northwest Arkansas so I have more interest in Oklahoma than most Arkansans.

Archived