Detroit Highrises outside of Downtown

Exodus

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Wolverine. Making a website for them sounds like a good idea. Do you know where the easiest place to make one is?

I think more people should try going to small towns like I love doing. They may not have the big buildings you'll see in bigger cities but they still have some awesome architecture.

I think more people should try going to small towns like I love doing. They may not have the big buildings you'll see in bigger cities but they still have some awesome architecture.
Yes, but you see, Detroit is a big vortex. It draws you in...and once you are there, you won't leave! :lol:

Probably. You do have a distance advantage, though. Seeing as how I live a mere two miles from the city limits, I go into Detroit every single day. In fact, I go out of my way to support businesses in the city. Sure, there may be a grocery store less than 3/4 mile away from my apartment, but I drive 15 minutes to shop at one in Detroit.

• 3 months later...

The intersection of Pennsylvania and Fort St. has two 12+ story buildings. One is a 16 story National City Banking Center while the other is 12 story residential tower.

You can see them both in this picture. You can also see a portion of Wyandotte Hospital on the right edge of the picture:

001.jpg

Great photo! It looks like it was taken atop one of the large hills on the golf course in Riverview. I've never been atop one, but I wondered what kind of view they might provide.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know when that big black bank (as I've always called it) was built?

Here are a few recent photos of the big black bank (National City, 16333 Trenton Rd, Southgate) and the Riverview Towers Co-Op on Pennsylvania Rd. near Fort Street. (First time I've ever posted, so let's see if this works...)

013_13BigblackbankonCambridgeSt.jpg

046_46.jpg

063_63.jpg

040_40BigbuildingonPennsylvaniaRd.jpg

041_41TakenfromthebackoftheSuperK-M.jpg

Archived