Detroit Polishes and Demolishes

wolverine

My friends and I went inside 1403 Woodward, we were so excited when the open space wound around the back, we thought we'd find a stairway up, but we didn't. Oh well.
What, you went urbexing and didn't invite me? :cry:

j/k

There really isn't much left upstairs anyway...I thought I showed you the photos from upstairs? There are some really strange stairways (they built a wall down the middle of one), cool old radiators, lots of open floors, and some asbestos tiles.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We never went upstairs because the plywood door was (locked) or shall I say, nailed shut. We just urbexed the first floor which was lame becaue we merely had to walk off Woodward to get inside.

I never saw your pictures actually.

We were hoping to find some workers there to give us a tour, but there were none there.

Oh, I tried to convince a construction worker to take my camera inside the Whitney and take a pic of the lobby, but he gave me some bullcrap like it was too dangerous. But I was like, uhhh YOU take the picture, but not even he would go far into the lobby. They were just putting up displays. Either he was lazy, or was a wuss because there isn't anything dangerous in the Whitney Shig.... my dorm room is worse than the Whitney lobby, not to mention I've been in buildings that are literally falling in on themselves.

But if someone is ambitious, they carelessly leave the doors open and anyone can slip in. I would actually encourage it if you want to get a one in a lifetime chance to shoot pics of the lobby. The worst thing they'd do would be to ask you to leave.

Well then, I guess that's what I will be doing once I get done with my Donovan Building thread.

I tried the same thing with one of the guys who was working on the Whitney. I did actually get in there one night a few months ago. I didn't get very far though, since my friends were too scared (waiting in the car). Plus, the guard in there has a gun, which one of my friends had an experience with when he went about this time last year. Not wanting to come face to face with a gun, I decided that it would be best to leave.

I wonder if that guard is still in there? What a pointless, boring existance that must be! Sitting around on a matress all alone inside an abandoned building with a tv, microwave, heater, and gun while you fend off intruders.

Hell, I'd do it if it paid well. It's better than being up in an architecture studio cutting gluing cardboard and plastic together and not being paid.

Trust me, my friend, the day will come when you'll long for the days when all you had to do was cut & glue cardboard & plastic together. ...sigh... Enjoy it while you can.

I wonder if that guard is still in there? What a pointless, boring existance that must be! Sitting around on a matress all alone inside an abandoned building with a tv, microwave, heater, and gun while you fend off intruders.

Sounds like a movie! lol :D

Archived