Adelicia Rising at last?

it's just dave

Sans any announcement anywhere about its imminent construction, I discovered some pretty convincing circumstantial evidence that The Adelicia will be rising soon. This certainly doesn't look like they're digging new flower beds. There were also a couple of hatches on the roof wide open, just letting the rain pour in. I found this dozer this morning just waiting to wake up soon.

Dozer1.jpg

Here the front of the Realtors Building. The tile roofed building next door is the beautiful Universal Music Publishing buidling and that's the University Towers condos beyond. They're about 20 years old and about to get a stunner of a new neighbor. In the opposite direction of Adelicia St. is The Boundr'y, Lay 'a Rul, and South Street.

RealtorFrt.jpg

And here she is. It was raining pretty good, so it was hard to hold still but this will give you an idea. This is model in the Adelicia sales office in the Roundabout Plaza (next to the spiffy new Provence, now open: maybe a place for a forum meet? Hmm?)

AdelModel1.jpg

Another view.AdleModel2.jpg

Rain makes my hungry. Here's a model kitchen.

AdleKitchen.jpg

Let's see some dust flying on this one.

On a side note: I learned a little about tower cranes this morning. While at Sole Mio last night I noticed the giant base of a tower crane laying in the alley. I couldn't quite make sense of it until I saw another same giant crane base at the condo tower site at West End and 31st. Each has large holes which I suppose is where they mount this first piece. My suspicion is that in the next week or so, we'll have two brand new major tower cranes dotting the landscape.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats a very nice design! I like it a lot! I think that design will be a great addition to the variety found throughout the city. One thing one can't say about Nashville is that it lacks variety........if anything the city lacks any common theme. LOL Although West End seems to be getting a modern theme going.

How tall will this be? I know it's 18 stories, but it looks like it might be a tall 18 stories, by looking at the little people on the balconies.

Exactly how walkable is the gulch? Some of the sidewalks on the sides of the building look very skinny. And in the second picture, what are those things on the first level? I can't tell.

How tall will this be? I know it's 18 stories, but it looks like it might be a tall 18 stories, by looking at the little people on the balconies.

Exactly how walkable is the gulch? Some of the sidewalks on the sides of the building look very skinny. And in the second picture, what are those things on the first level? I can't tell.

This building is not being built in the Gulch. The Gulch has recently had all new sidewalks installed. Its beautiful. There is a thread somewhere or another that shows the Gulch then and now. Its amazing. Youre probably thinking for the Icon.

On a side note this building is beautiful. I wonder how visable it will be from the different areas of town.

Exactly how walkable is the gulch? Some of the sidewalks on the sides of the building look very skinny.

The sidewalks in the entire area are very good. Its an easy walk from where the Adelicia is to the Gulch as well. Maybe 10 minutes tops. I walk the area a lot because there are sidewalks there, and also gives a good idea of what all is going on there. Sometimes when we drive by we miss a lot.

Thanks Dave for the info. All I can say is , Its about time for this to start.

Ive seen it reported on another forum that the Icon has already started construction. I'm aware that the site has been cleared by tearing down the building that was sitting there. However, I haven't hear on this forum that construction has begun (excavation for the new building and the start of foundation work). What's the real story?

I'm anxious to hear that both projects (The Adelicia and the Icon) are underway.

Thanks Dave for the pictures. I'll have to check this out next time I'm in town. I think that area of town needs more projects like this. Of course, parking will increasingly become an issue (already crowded). So not to get too far off topic, has Metro discussed any publicly funded parking structures other than the one at the Courthouse. That's a great project that should be considered for other pockets of downtown/midtown. Obviously, underground is a lot more expensive than above ground, but we've seen that retail along the street keeps the structure in harmony with life on the street. Rambling :)

Construction sites often seed the dirt, its a speedy way to prevent water runoff onto the streets below. I wouldn't be concerned, it's just a courtesy...or a regulation.

You'll notice the same thing on road construction following initial grading. Teams plant everything from grass to this corn looking stuff to hold the dirt in place. Then they bulldoze it.

Construction sites often seed the dirt, its a speedy way to prevent water runoff onto the streets below. I wouldn't be concerned, it's just a courtesy...or a regulation.

I'll admit, when we drove by it today...that was my first thought.

I just returned from the Adelicia Open House at the Roundabout. I had a great talk with Ray Hensler, the President of Corner Realty Partners the Developers. He was great very personable and enthusiastic about the progress. As stated above the old Realtors building was taken down today, he said groundbreaking is approx. a week away. The details on these units are incredible, everything first class. He feels that these are different buyers that will be looking at the Encore, Icon and Terrazzo. These are the people that do not want to wait 4 years for the Signature. They have reservations/sold 30,000,000 worth of units.

He also stated that the property across the street (Adelicia Street) is scheduled to be another condo tower equal to the Adelicia Development.

I just returned from the Adelicia Open House at the Roundabout. I had a great talk with Ray Hensler, the President of Corner Realty Partners the Developers. He was great very personable and enthusiastic about the progress. As stated above the old Realtors building was taken down today, he said groundbreaking is approx. a week away. The details on these units are incredible, everything first class. He feels that these are different buyers that will be looking at the Encore, Icon and Terrazzo. These are the people that do not want to wait 4 years for the Signature. They have reservations/sold 30,000,000 worth of units.

He also stated that the property across the street (Adelicia Street) is scheduled to be another condo tower equal to the Adelicia Development.

Sweet sassy Molassy!!!!! $30,000,000 worth!!! WOW!!

And another tower!!!!???? Good Lord.

I just noticed this weekend that the dilapidated stage in the lot across the street from the Adelicia site has been taken down. To think I once saw the Flaming Lips perform where another proposed condo tower will rise... Man, I miss Uptown Mix. That was my favorite local concert series.

Archived