What is tallest building in either your cities

bigboyz05

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm...let's see. Downtown there's the Radisson Hotel, I think it's 14 stories. In northern Fayetteville there's a 6 story building. On the U of A campus I think there's four 9 story dorms, well one is used for offices now. Fayetteville isn't too built up. Doesn't look like it will be either, at least not downtown. The Planning Comission here just set a limit on buildings around the general downtown area. There's a 16 story Renaissance Tower going up and I guess it will end up being the tallest for the downtown area with the new building heights going into effect. I could be wrong but I don't know if there are any buildings in Springdale over 5-6 stories. I think the hospital hits that mark. I don't think the Tyson offices are built up either. I'll let someone from Benton County answer the question for the cities up there.

Don't think we have anyone from Pine Bluff so I'll try to answer that as well. In downtown there's the Simmons First National Bank Building and it's 11 stories. Outside the downtown area all I can think of are maybe some hotels that are probably 4 stories at the tallest. Oh yeah there's the hospital. I don't recall how tall Jefferson Regional is, maybe 5-6 stories.

Let's see, in Dowtown Rogers, the tallest is the 6 Floor Peachtree at the Lane Building. The tallest outside is the Embassy Suites Hotel which is 9 Floors. There is the 16 Floor Pinnacle Tower, that is suppose to be finished by 2008, along with an undisclosed taller building by the Barber Group.

• 2 weeks later...

downtown or outside of downtown? The tallest building in downtown Texarkana is 12 stories and the tallest building outside of downtown is 10 stories.

Hey Im from Springfield, MO. We have a good amount of buildings around town and the metro. 24 is the tallest then 18, 16, 15, 14, and lots of 12 and 10 story buildings in and aournd the downtown area.

visit

Southwest Missouri and the Ozarks

I guess the obvious one that hasn't been said is the Metropolitan Nat'l Bank building, former the TCBY Tower in Little Rock at 40 stories. I remember when I was kid it took 2 years to build that thing. I also remember seeing the Stephens building (Doyle Rogers at the time) constructed. All of that steel was impressive.

I guess the obvious one that hasn't been said is the Metropolitan Nat'l Bank building, former the TCBY Tower in Little Rock at 40 stories. I remember when I was kid it took 2 years to build that thing. I also remember seeing the Stephens building (Doyle Rogers at the time) constructed. All of that steel was impressive.

Who was Doyle Rogers? I've always known it as the Stephens Building.

Who was Doyle Rogers? I've always known it as the Stephens Building.

Its not who was but who is Doyle Rogers. Mr. Rogers deveolped the Excelsior Hotel(Peabody Hotel) and Statehouse Convention Center before he built the Stephens Building. In 1983 he bought Metropolitan National Bank and is the Chairman of the Board.

Current property he owns in LR include the following buildings on Main Street. The Blass Department Store building and the Rose building waiting for redevelopment.

The Blass Building at 4th and Main.

324mainstreetorg2blassbuilding.jpg

The Rose Building on the east side of Main.

rosebuilding98vj.jpg

Its not who was but who is Doyle Rogers. Mr. Rogers deveolped the Excelsior Hotel(Peabody Hotel) and Statehouse Convention Center before he built the Stephens Building. In 1983 he bought Metropolitan National Bank and is the Chairman of the Board.

Current property he owns in LR include the following buildings on Main Street. The Blass Department Store building and the Rose building waiting for redevelopment.

Speaking of Doyle Rogers, he is among this years inductees to the Arkansas Business Hall of Fame. Another familiar name being inducted is Forrest L. Wood, the namesake of the Crowley's Ridge Nature Center in Jonesboro. Here's the Arkansas Business article.

• 2 weeks later...

^

Isn't the John Q Hammons Tower the tallest in Springfield at 24 Floors. I've always loved that building, it really is quite modern looking and odd to be in Springfield.

Okay, no offense mcheiss, but that has to be one of the ugliest buildings I've ever seen. Its unfortunate that its such a poor representative as it is Springfield's only significant high-rise.

In Little Rock, the tallest building downtown is the Metropolitan Bank Tower at 40 floors, 550 plus feet. At the time it was built, and I believe this is still true, it was the tallest building between St. Louis and New Orleans, and between Atlanta and Dallas.

I am unsure outside of downtown as Emporis.com (fantastic site for those who've never browsed), which documents high-rises in cities all across the world seems to be down. There are lots of 12-14 story buildings in outlying areas of the metro area, but my guess is that it is Lakewood Tower in NLR...I think 14 or maybe 16 floors?

^

Isn't the John Q Hammons Tower the tallest in Springfield at 24 Floors. I've always loved that building, it really is quite modern looking and odd to be in Springfield.

mcheiss,

One more item: Emporis.com lists this building at 22 floors, though I know of some inaccuracies on their site. Can you confirm 22 or 24?

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm...let's see. Downtown there's the Radisson Hotel, I think it's 14 stories. In northern Fayetteville there's a 6 story building. On the U of A campus I think there's four 9 story dorms, well one is used for offices now. Fayetteville isn't too built up. Doesn't look like it will be either, at least not downtown. The Planning Comission here just set a limit on buildings around the general downtown area. There's a 16 story Renaissance Tower going up and I guess it will end up being the tallest for the downtown area with the new building heights going into effect. I could be wrong but I don't know if there are any buildings in Springdale over 5-6 stories. I think the hospital hits that mark. I don't think the Tyson offices are built up either. I'll let someone from Benton County answer the question for the cities up there.

Fayetteville Update:

The Radisson downtown is 15 stories, then there are Yokum and Humphreys Dorms that are 11-12 as well as Hilllcrest towers at 12 stories. Then there are many 6-9 story building scattered around the university and downtown. The Barber group has 1 or 2 16 story residential buildings planned in North Fayetteville as well as a 10 or 12 story office building (lets hope they get this project off the ground). Then along Dickson there are the 7 story Legacy building under construction, the 8 story Underwood Lofts, and a possibly taller hotel/condo building starting soon. Back downtown the 16 story Renaissance building should start going up within a few months.

All right. I should step up to the plate.

I'm pretty sure the Hot Springs Medical Arts Building in downtown Hot Springs is the tallest building in the city. At one point it was the largest in the state.

I should really get a picture of the "skyline" of hot springs. It's really beautiful, especially from my view from my school (which is a mid-rise in downtown Hot Springs, for those of you who don't know). The "skyline" is tucked into a valley--it looks really neat.

card00418_fr.jpg

It's 180 feet tall, 16 stories high, and was constructed in 1930. It's on the National Register of Historic Places.

All right. I should step up to the plate.

I'm pretty sure the Hot Springs Medical Arts Building in downtown Hot Springs is the tallest building in the city. At one point it was the largest in the state.

I should really get a picture of the "skyline" of hot springs. It's really beautiful, especially from my view from my school (which is a mid-rise in downtown Hot Springs, for those of you who don't know). The "skyline" is tucked into a valley--it looks really neat.

ark24.JPG

It's 180 feet tall, 16 stories high, and was constructed in 1930. It's on the National Register of Historic Places.

Hmmm...I'm not seeing your pic.

Archived