What is tallest building in either your cities

bigboyz05

All right. I should step up to the plate.

I'm pretty sure the Hot Springs Medical Arts Building in downtown Hot Springs is the tallest building in the city. At one point it was the largest in the state.

I should really get a picture of the "skyline" of hot springs. It's really beautiful, especially from my view from my school (which is a mid-rise in downtown Hot Springs, for those of you who don't know). The "skyline" is tucked into a valley--it looks really neat.

card00418_fr.jpg

It's 180 feet tall, 16 stories high, and was constructed in 1930. It's on the National Register of Historic Places.

I love Hot Springs. I take a trip up there every summer and normally spend a week there.

• 6 months later...

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It used to house the local Fox station on the top floor before they were bought out, but the building is used for general office/commercial space. Don't let the outside fool you it has a very impressive reception area inside.

I've walked on Garrison Avenue right by that building. It's a beautiful Art-Deco building that makes one feel like they're in the "Big City". I always thought condos or lofts would work well in that building.

It used to house the local Fox station on the top floor before they were bought out, but the building is used for general office/commercial space. Don't let the outside fool you it has a very impressive reception area inside.

I wish I had gone inside now when I was down there taking pics earlier in the year.

Russellville's tallest is the Courthouse at 4 stories and the 500 building at 4 or 5 stories...

Courthouse

at_sept04_russ2.jpg

500 building..use to be the Pearson Hotel back in the day and currently is just used for office space..

pearsonhotel.jpg

and currently Arkansas Tech University has a building under construction that will open in 2007..it will top out i think at 5 or 6 stories over the football stadium...it will have a room for students to watch the game from inside..

NRH-Prspctv_Cut.jpg

Rogers will now have the tallest building between Little Rock and Tulsa at 22 stories. Its the Westin Hotel in Pinnacle Hills, as well as other towers that are proposed. I have a feeling that Pinnacle Hills will turn into a MINI "dubai" lol.

thanks for posting the pic mcheiss, I dont know how to upload them yet.

If you want to put photos on the site, simply sign up for a free membership on a photo hosting site, such as photobucket.com or tinypic.com. Then, all you do is save pics and upload them on the site, and when posting on UP, click on the photo icon on the top, insert the URL of the photo on the photo hosting site and post.

• 1 month later...

Bentonville has the Bentonville Plaza across the street from the Wal-Mart home office. Its a 10 story office structure with bottom floor restaurants. It will eventually be complemented by two neighboring similarly styled and sized structures. It is surrounded by a wondrous ocean of pavement, acres upon acres of blacktop.. Its set a ways off the street tooo! Its not particularly awe inspiring.

This is a great thread! I really enjoy this topic of Tallest Building's in all the different cities and towns all through-out Arkansas. It's really neat to be able to see the tallest buildings in smaller places I might not get the chance to go thru.

The 22-story Westin is very impressive looking at 22-stories. That's as tall as(my hometown) BR's tallest hotel the Marriott.

The Hots Springs historic 16-story bldg. was impressive to see in person. Hot Springs has a nice skyline and a tall convention center hotel too.

Russellville's tallest is very nice too. I like the mid-rise going-up next to the Arkansas Tech stadium. Thanks yall, keep them pics coming.

Pine Bluff's tallest building is about 10-11 floors??

This is a great thread! I really enjoy this topic of Tallest Building's in all the different cities and towns all through-out Arkansas. It's really neat to be able to see the tallest buildings in smaller places I might not get the chance to go thru.

Pine Bluff's tallest building is about 10-11 floors??

Work has finally begun on what will be the tallest building in NWA for a short time (until the Westin in Rogers is completed). The 18 story Renaissance Tower in Downtown Fayetteville will take over the current leader the 15 story Radisson (now Cosmopolitan hotel) sometime this next year. This unfortunetly will also be the tallest building allowed in downtown Fayetteville because of the 12 story height restrictions placed by the morons on the city council this summer.

The north side of Fayetteville will try and catch up and will probably eventually pass the height of the downtown area over the next few years. With two 16 story, one 13 story, and two 12 story buildings planned or currently under construction.

Archived