HONG KONG Mega Photo Thread

hkskyline

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've gotten a little behind here. Great pics, even the ones of the advertisements are interesting. I noticed the Nikon D50 ad, just curious is that your camera? I've heard of a really long escalator that I thought was in this area but those pics didn't remind me of what I thought it looked like. Any ideas of what I'm referring to?

I've gotten a little behind here. Great pics, even the ones of the advertisements are interesting. I noticed the Nikon D50 ad, just curious is that your camera? I've heard of a really long escalator that I thought was in this area but those pics didn't remind me of what I thought it looked like. Any ideas of what I'm referring to?

My camera is the Canon IXUS 750, which is also featured on one of the ad photographs in my last post. The long escalator should be the one at Langham Place, or are you talking about the outdoor one in Central going up to the Midlevels area?

My camera is the Canon IXUS 750, which is also featured on one of the ad photographs in my last post. The long escalator should be the one at Langham Place, or are you talking about the outdoor one in Central going up to the Midlevels area?

Ah, yeah I see it now. Yeah I'm a Canon man myself. :D I think the escalator I am thinking about is the outdoor one.

• 4 weeks later...

The narrow streets of Midlevels and the climb along the pedestrian-only markets offer another glimpse of what living next door to downtown is like :

SEPT21-S02-056.jpg

SEPT21-S02-055.jpg

SEPT21-S02-059.jpg

... with some historic relics ...

SEPT21-S02-066.jpg

... mixed with modern architecture ...

SEPT21-S02-069.jpg

SEPT21-S02-085.jpg

SEPT21-S02-086.jpg

SEPT21-S02-083.jpg

... and traditional Chinese culture.

SEPT21-S02-072.jpg

SEPT21-S02-075.jpg

Nearby Sheung Wan is the original Chinese settlement of the British colony. It is an older area, with a lot of aged buildings set in a vibrant streetscape.

IMG_3301.jpg

IMG_3302.jpg

IMG_3304.jpg

IMG_3299.jpg

The British first landed near Possession Street to plant their flag on their new colony.

IMG_3305.jpg

IMG_3307.jpg

IMG_3311.jpg

IMG_3309.jpg

IMG_3313.jpg

IMG_3315.jpg

One of the must-do things while in Hong Kong is to venture out at night to explore the streets and find a few nice places to look at the city. The Peak is one of the best spots to see Hong Kong's lights come alive at night. Fellow Hong Kong forumer HKT and I did a night-time hike along the narrow streets of Hong Kong's Peak area. To make things interesting, we bumped into Hong Kong's Chief Executive Donald Tsang during our tour.

1. The busy streets of Central District

OCT18-074.jpg

2. The newly-opened Four Seasons Hotel in the IFC complex.

OCT18-082.jpg

3. I was playing around with the settings, and here are the results. Notice the Bank of China Tower actually has a light show going on.

OCT18-083.jpg

OCT18-085.jpg

OCT18-087.jpg

OCT18-089.jpg

OCT18-090.jpg

8. Some close-ups of 2 IFC, Hong Kong's tallest building :

OCT18-084.jpg

OCT18-098.jpg

OCT18-100.jpg

11. Our first stop was Lugard Road, which wasn't very deserted at all. There were a few other photographers along the open stretch of road that offers a very nice panoramic view of Hong Kong. It was quite windy and cool though up there.

OCT18-102.jpg

OCT18-103.jpg

OCT18-104.jpg

OCT18-105.jpg

OCT18-109.jpg

OCT18-110.jpg

OCT18-112.jpg

18. I've always wanted to take photos of The Centre's evening light show.

OCT18-122.jpg

OCT18-124.jpg

OCT18-125.jpg

OCT18-126.jpg

22. The Bank of China's new neon outfit.

OCT18-145.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived