GRPS Superintendent Candidates

Rizzo

I'm running with the concept of good schools equals a healthy city, I thought this would be a thread to discuss on UP - GR. I believe that if we want to be a sucessful city, this means having accountability/respect/compasion in the school system. If you don't already know, Bert Bleke will leave a void to be filled by one of the five candidates that are in the running for the position. What are your thoughts about the candidates? Do you think that GRPS is failing so much that some more extream measures should be taken? Is the dire situation that local press and media have publised just Yellow?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dave, Sorry If I offended. It wasn't my intent to drag you out of the crowd. That smilie gives an ackward impression though.

No problem Rizzo. It is just that usually I am not silent on threads related to GRPS. Of course I will have to be silent on this one and wanted to let folks know. Its all good. I will be interested to see what others think of the candidates.

PM?

What is PM?

No problem Rizzo. It is just that usually I am not silent on threads related to GRPS. Of course I will have to be silent on this one and wanted to let folks know. Its all good. I will be interested to see what others think of the candidates.

What is PM?

Private Message, I thought maybe you just didnt want to sound off, and getin trouble or something :P

I think a candidate that comes from a large district with some of the same problems GRPS is having could be a plus. I really don't think it is necessary to pick a candidate that is from GR or knows the political and cultural lanscape. Maybe it's time to start hiring people that have newer ways of thinking.

I think a candidate that comes from a large district with some of the same problems GRPS is having could be a plus. I really don't think it is necessary to pick a candidate that is from GR or knows the political and cultural lanscape. Maybe it's time to start hiring people that have newer ways of thinking.

The article I saw had no local canidates in it, only two I think were even from Michigan.

The only real hope for GRPS is to completely start over. Shred the contracts, fire everyone, and build from the ground up. Anything short of that is just prolonging the slow death of the system. The new superintendent will have little to no effect on the direction of the system without drastic change.

Archived