CONSTRUCTION THREAD: Bank of America Renovation

gs3

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you all think we should split up the Main @ West Washington thread? We have a thread for the BOA renovation along with the other changes on that block, but we can have this project separate if you want.

Great before angle of the tower, gsupstate! :thumbsup:

Didn't realize there was the other thread. I agree with you Skyliner that we should split it up, as B of A, Piazza Bergamo and Main at Washington all are different projects.

• 1 month later...

Thanks, breed! This gives an excellent visual for the Washington Street/Richardson Street proposal.

I agree with gsupstate that the BoA building's roof should be made to mimic the buildings along Washington Street somewhat.

The model in the BoA lobby, as btoy said, also shows these buildings as well as the proposed changes to the BoA building itself and Piazza Bergamo. The BoA building seems to be in for a minor face lift given the way that model looked. It's the one that had been in the film clip from WSPA-7 previously.

• 3 weeks later...

Ntt sure if this is advance work on the B of A buidling redo, but when walking down Main this morning, there were men on the window washing platforms on two sides of the building and each platform had 4 or 5 men. Seems like a lot of people at once just for window washing. They were near the top floors, so couldn't tell what they were doing. Hope this is a sign of the start of the redo! :thumbsup:

Ntt sure if this is advance work on the B of A buidling redo, but when walking down Main this morning, there were men on the window washing platforms on two sides of the building and each platform had 4 or 5 men. Seems like a lot of people at once just for window washing. They were near the top floors, so couldn't tell what they were doing. Hope this is a sign of the start of the redo! :thumbsup:

That rigging has been out there for a few weeks. They've had the ATM nearly all but blocked off completely. I'm not sure exactly what their doing either, but it seems more extensive than just window washing, that's for sure.

That rigging has been out there for a few weeks. They've had the ATM nearly all but blocked off completely. I'm not sure exactly what their doing either, but it seems more extensive than just window washing, that's for sure.

The 12th floor is being renovated.

• 4 weeks later...

Bar code indeed! I went by the BOA lobby today to check out the model myself. It looks like the changes to the building itself will be VERY minor, not much more than a fresh coat of paint. It almost doesn't make sense to spend the money on such a minor make-over. I think at least the vertical windows (the bars)make the building look a little taller - not really a bad thing. I personally would like to see the Landmark building made-over, it looks MUCH worse than the BOA. Even jsut removing the ugly concrete bars over the windows on the Landmark might help open it up a bit.

I did like the painting of DT from 1948, though. It has changed quite a bit, but maybe not as much as it should have in 60 years.

If I rememeber correctly, the model shows the corners being glass rather than the existing concrete. This looks better and more contemporary IMO. You really can't expect anything too radical for something that is purely cosmetic.

The demo of the garage and the mid-rise building that replace it are the big difference in this project. I just wish it would HAPPEN.

Archived