CONSTRUCTION THREAD: Bank of America Renovation

gs3

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This "makeover" is rather anti climatic. Not that it doesn't need it, but most people will probably nevr notice the diference. What would really make a diference is if they would redo the top, so that it isn't flat.

I agree that the makeover is rather simple, but I wonder if anything but a flat roof on such a rectangular building would look weird. I can see a pointed or rounded roof on a building that is a little slimmer, but as wide a footprint as the B of A building has, it would probably look strange with anything but a flat roof.

• 7 months later...

It looks especially inviting at night to walk by and see that lobby all lighted up ... has a glow about it. Can't wait until the Piazza Bergamo overhaul is complete! Also...I could be wrong, but it almost appears as if the ATM will be permanently moved into the lobby (judging by the big cut-out in the wall on the inside)?

One other thing I've noticed: Is it just me or is the BOA sign on the top of the building MUCH brighter and more vivid now? Did they change out the style of lighting or something?

:offtopic: Speaking of signage - the Bell South sign is down, replaced by the New at&t sign.

Has anyone else had any experience with the push-button doors coming in from the parking garage at ground level? They are just about the most ridiculious thing that I have ever seen. You can't open the door with the handle (even though the doors have very big, expensive looking chrome handles), you have to push a button that is like 8 feet from the door on the outside. Then, once you get through the first set of doors, there is a second set - WITH ANOTHER PUSH BUTTON! Not very well thought out. I am all for ADA compliance, but couldn't they have made the push button optional (like the doors in department stores in the mall)?

Has anyone else had any experience with the push-button doors coming in from the parking garage at ground level? They are just about the most ridiculious thing that I have ever seen. You can't open the door with the handle (even though the doors have very big, expensive looking chrome handles), you have to push a button that is like 8 feet from the door on the outside. Then, once you get through the first set of doors, there is a second set - WITH ANOTHER PUSH BUTTON! Not very well thought out. I am all for ADA compliance, but couldn't they have made the push button optional (like the doors in department stores in the mall)?

Archived