Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

northernbizzkit1

Website Updates?

What is with the new website updates? It took a bit to find where the Tennessee forum had moved to. Why is it that we're in the Mid-Atlantic States and such? I miss my simple click to "The Southern US" and then on to Tennessee. Plus, all the states I looked at were in one pile.

The South was getting to big so Administration decided to split it into two seperate forums, at first to be called Mid-Atlantic and Gulf States, which after some discussion has become "Upper" and "Lower" South because they have are more general and broad geographic terms to divide the states by, and also because I believe they can be divided more evenly.

Thats where we stand now. The front page still has the new forums listed as Gulf and Mid-Atlantic, but I think those will be changed soon.

I've gotten used to it, but I still don't like how the Southern forum is located in such a weird place, and how the lower south isn't accessable directly from it. But hey, it's the best they could do, and I think they did a fine job.

Like the flags, too.

On the topic of Web site updates, I just want to say that I prefered the Tennessee forum broken up into West, Middle, and East. I know that I live in Nashville's metro, but I don't consider myself a Nashvillian, and don't believe that the Nashville forum is really the best place to discuss Murfreesboro developments.

Just wanted to put in my two cents!

^ I liked it that way too personally, but due to how search engines do their searches when people look for Memphis and Nashville related topics, the changes in the forum names was deemed necessary to draw new people to the site. I did get Middle and West TN added to the forum taglines. Basically they are still the Middle and West Tennessee forums, just under different names due web search factors, so feel free to post Murfressboro topics there as thats what the forum is there for, even if it is called "Nashville".