Cleveland State University (New Construction)

C-town

As part of the $179 million campus master plan project, construction is underway on a new Student Recreation Center and a renovated Fenn Tower that will house 400 to 450 students. Both are slated to open in August 2006.

The new Cleveland State aims to be an integral part of downtown Cleveland. University and private-sector development will transform CSU and the surrounding neighborhood into a vital, thriving downtown destination.

For a simple Pic of the Area of construction go to http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/nammoumj1/de...re2.jpg&.src=ph

From the ClevelandStateUniversity website. http://www.csuohio.edu/campusmasterplan/

• 4 weeks later...

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those pics look great, what is the enrollment like at CSU, with all the overflow coming out of Columbus (how much larger could OSU possibly get?!!) CSU really has an opportunity to be the 2nd best state school in Ohio! When you think of Cleveland you don't immediately think of it as the "Boston of the Mid-West" academically but it does have that potential!

Those pics look great, what is the enrollment like at CSU, with all the overflow coming out of Columbus (how much larger could OSU possibly get?!!) CSU really has an opportunity to be the 2nd best state school in Ohio! When you think of Cleveland you don't immediately think of it as the "Boston of the Mid-West" academically but it does have that potential!

The total enrollement at csu is nearly 16,000 students with about a third of those who are in the master's or law program. I have heard recently that CSU is lowering its student to teacher ratio in order to compete more with local schools like John Carrol and Case Western. CSU has been recieving more and more recognition from the city because its academics has been improving dramatically and its is becoming more competitive. They are also going to higher their standards regarding which students they will accept. They are demanding more students with higher gpa's and better sat and act scores. They also collaberate with Case Western, the Cleveland Clinic, and other institutions in the city of Cleveland for hands on training and facilities. In my opinion CSU is headed in the right direction. They are constantly fixing up the area around campus to make the llives of college students even more entertaining, but more importantly they are making the education you recieve at CSU more useful and meaningful in the real world.

If you want more info or would like to take a look at csu their offical website is CSU

That sounds great C-Town, I forgot about John Carroll up there. Although I think CSU should serve as more of an alternative to the CW and JC's I can see the logic of having them serve as an alternative to the gigantic OSU (the state system it competes in). The only downside of being a CWR or like in the 'burgh a CMU or Duquesne is that you limit how big and how expansive you can be. Although they make for world class research and academic universities, sometimes student population (with large mid-grade states schools like PennState or OhioState) can add much to a metro.

I'd be interested on how that turns out for CSU. Looks like good things are in the works!

Archived