Lenox Square/Phipps Plaza

Temeteron

I like the overall prescence of the malls.Just stepping into Lenox you can tell you are not in your ordinary mall. As well as walking down the corridors and seeing all of the stores that sell clothes approximate to the mortgage. Has anyone ever noticed the tags on the back of the cars in the parking lot? I've noticed quite a few cars are from out of state.

^I've seen figures that claim 40% of the shoppers at Lenox come from over 100 miles away. I talk to people on the train quite often from out of town that are heading out there - last week I struck up a conversation with 4 nurses in town from Halifax, NS. They were all excited about visiting thier first Bloomingdales.

^I've seen figures that claim 40% of the shoppers at Lenox come from over 100 miles away. I talk to people on the train quite often from out of town that are heading out there - last week I struck up a conversation with 4 nurses in town from Halifax, NS. They were all excited about visiting thier first Bloomingdales.

WOW :shok:

I went to Lenox Mall when I was in Atlanta, it was great because I never been there. Granted it's catered to the wealthy but I've seen some middle-class shoppers walking around.

Then Newnan asked....

how can you tell is someone is middle class?

Which is a very valid question.

Knowledgeable Steven adds....

I think what EbonyGardens meant was that the people seen at Lenox were very avearge looking, and not the fashionista types typically thought of as Lenox shoppers.

I will say this....

If she is looking for the fashionista types then Ebonygardens will have to visit Lenox and Phipps between 10am-12 noon and 1pm-3pm. Other than that, the mall is full of "tourist" from cities across the southeast. Also, Tuesday - Thursday are better days as Friday - Monday usually will be overrun with mall walkers.

When I was 18 I tried to get my grandmother to go to Lenox. She had always lived on the southside of downtown around the WestEnd & Stewart Ave area. When I explained to her where it was she exclaimed "above Buckhead?" She referred to the area as the Appalachian Mountains and then went on to say that we should go to the Biltmore Estates one weekend. I guess I kind of grew up with that mentallity. They're just malls, the kind you find in cities like Charlotte.

I'm just trying to stir things up.

When I was 18 I tried to get my grandmother to go to Lenox. She had always lived on the southside of downtown around the WestEnd & Stewart Ave area. When I explained to her where it was she exclaimed "above Buckhead?" She referred to the area as the Appalachian Mountains and then went on to say that we should go to the Biltmore Estates one weekend. I guess I kind of grew up with that mentallity. They're just malls, the kind you find in cities like Charlotte.

I'm just trying to stir things up.

huh??? :huh:

Old time Atlantan's don't always respect the new, semi suburban areas above Buckhead. My Grandparents were old line traditional Atlanta people and they never went up to Lenox.

In teh Metro area, there does seem to be a lot of tension between old time residents and new transplants.

Old time Atlantan's don't always respect the new, semi suburban areas above Buckhead. My Grandparents were old line traditional Atlanta people and they never went up to Lenox.

In teh Metro area, there does seem to be a lot of tension between old time residents and new transplants.

I suspect that varies a good bit. Many traditional old line Atlanta people have lived in Buckhead, Lenox and parts north for generations, and those areas have been home to some of the city's prominent (as well as many not-so-prominent) residents since the early 1900's.

My family lived on the south side, and while Lenox was not in our back yard, it was certainly old Atlanta by the time the mall was built in the 1950's. I never sensed any tension about going there, although my grandmother always felt that the only place to shop was downtown.