Lenox Square/Phipps Plaza

Temeteron

Why on earth would anyone shop at Neiman Marcus in NYC when you have the whole 5th avenue and everything else.......Isnt Dallas' NM's the biggest ones since it is based there?

You could say that about any store that is in NYC or any new store in NYC. If there was a NM in NYC, I'm sure it would be a huge success. In other words, your statement is ridiculous.

Technically, there are no Neiman Marcus stores in Manhattan; however, the company that owns Neiman's also owns Bergdorf Goodman. There is one in White Plains, not too far up the freeway for those loyal shoppers.

You are correct. There is no NM in Manhattan. I wouldn't go to Westchester or Long Island for one either. Besides, both those stores are smaller than the one in Atlanta. The Atlanta NM is one of the largest in the chain. It was one of the first expansions outside of Texas, so the store is bigger than the typical newer NM.

I agree; I would shop at Bergdorf's over a suburban Neiman Marcus; Bergdorf's is huge; I don't know the exact sf of it, but there is a massive women's store and a smaller men's store across the street. The Neiman Marcus corporate website has a list of all of the NM/Bergdorf stores, their opening dates and the square footage of each.

Perhaps it's just my impression but Bergdorf's seems even more upscale than Neiman Marcus, if that's possible- at least a lot more upscale than the one in downtown Dallas, which seemed kind of like a 1950's version of a moderately upscale department store (not as chi-chi as the one at Lenox).

Perhaps it's just my impression but Bergdorf's seems even more upscale than Neiman Marcus, if that's possible- at least a lot more upscale than the one in downtown Dallas, which seemed kind of like a 1950's version of a moderately upscale department store (not as chi-chi as the one at Lenox).
Bergdorf Goodman has a lot of lines that are pretty much exclusive to that store. That places them on a high level, but the Neiman Marcus stores in Chicago, San Francisco, Beverly Hills, Houston Galleria and NorthPark (Dallas) are pretty even with Bergdorf Goodman overall.

• 2 weeks later...

Im surprised some of those are not in Atl either

When Neiman Marcus expansion finishes in 2007 and the new section of Lenox opens How many new stores could go in That slot? Also i was reading that atlanta is getting a barney's new york sometime in 2008. Is this location to be on Peachtree Road?

When Neiman Marcus expansion finishes in 2007 and the new section of Lenox opens How many new stores could go in That slot? Also i was reading that atlanta is getting a barney's new york sometime in 2008. Is this location to be on Peachtree Road?

I don't think we know the location yet unless CBV does.

AFAIK, they've settled on Buckhead in general. Their main talks were with Simon and one of the condo builders. I can't remember the name off the top of my head. It's one that's opening relatively soon and has a huge retail spot at street level. I keep drawing a blank. Anyway, Barneys might open before 2008. They expect to complete their initial openings of flagship stores by then. Barneys reps have visited Atlanta several times. They have spent the most time with Simon. I assume that's because they have a working relationship right now since Simon is helping Barneys with the flagship initiative.

The expansion at Lenox is only 30,000-40,000 square feet. That's only enough space for a few stores or a very small Barneys.

Atlanta is getting a ton of retail attention right now. Its on everyone's radar these days. The launch of Atlanta Peach (an Ocean Drive publication) brought even more attention. The retail scene in Atlanta will really change in the next few years. :)

AFAIK, they've settled on Buckhead in general. Their main talks were with Simon and one of the condo builders. I can't remember the name off the top of my head. It's one that's opening relatively soon and has a huge retail spot at street level. I keep drawing a blank. Anyway, Barneys might open before 2008. They expect to complete their initial openings of flagship stores by then. Barneys reps have visited Atlanta several times. They have spent the most time with Simon. I assume that's because they have a working relationship right now since Simon is helping Barneys with the flagship initiative.

The expansion at Lenox is only 30,000-40,000 square feet. That's only enough space for a few stores or a very small Barneys.

Atlanta is getting a ton of retail attention right now. Its on everyone's radar these days. The launch of Atlanta Peach (an Ocean Drive publication) brought even more attention. The retail scene in Atlanta will really change in the next few years. :)

That would have to be Realm which is almost finished and is very close to Lenox. I think the retail space was supposed to be less than 15,000sf but they planned some office space and I'm sure they would do backflips to accommodate a retailer such as Barneys.

• 3 weeks later...

Then Newnan asked....

Which is a very valid question.

Knowledgeable Steven adds....

I will say this....

If she is looking for the fashionista types then Ebonygardens will have to visit Lenox and Phipps between 10am-12 noon and 1pm-3pm. Other than that, the mall is full of "tourist" from cities across the southeast. Also, Tuesday - Thursday are better days as Friday - Monday usually will be overrun with mall walkers.

:lol: I'm a guy. On a serious note, when I first seen Lenox Mall, I've seen nothing but average people. I never would have thought the mall was for rich folks.

:lol: I'm a guy. On a serious note, when I first seen Lenox Mall, I've seen nothing but average people. I never would have thought the mall was for rich folks.

I think it's your username. It sounds a bit feminine. :) I know it's for Ebony Gardens in Frenchtown, but everyone won't see the connection.

What exactly is the difference between rich people and average people?

The rich people are the ones who look average...they know they are rich and don't need to impress others. The averge people are the ones trying to look rich. You can tell their not by the way they act...you can buy nice clothes and jewelry, but you can'y buy class.

This is true........but then there are those who are rich, and still dont have class lol

The rich people are the ones who look average...they know they are rich and don't need to impress others. The averge people are the ones trying to look rich. You can tell their not by the way they act...you can buy nice clothes and jewelry, but you can'y buy class.

But that is just another sterotype. Everyone is different. There is no one way to be.

Looks like Elisabeth is opening at Phipps.....it closed from Lenox about a year or so ago....there has been alot of swip swaps.......Hugo had closed from Lenox a few years ago and now its coming to Phipps....and Abercromibe & Fitch was at Phipps but then came to Lenox......interesting.....

Looks like Elisabeth is opening at Phipps.....it closed from Lenox about a year or so ago....there has been alot of swip swaps.......Hugo had closed from Lenox a few years ago and now its coming to Phipps....and Abercromibe & Fitch was at Phipps but then came to Lenox......interesting.....

Some of that was space issues, retailers trading one space for a bigger or smaller store. IIRC, Hugo Boss* left due to corporate issues, a possible bankruptcy? Or that could be another retailer I'm recalling.

*Way OT trivia: Hugo Boss designed uniforms for the Nazis...

• 2 weeks later...

What does anyone think the next batch of stores to be announced will be? I Thought Ermenegilo Zegna would go to phipps once gucci went to it's new location in july? And what about prada, will locate themselves in phipps as well? Also could Atlanta handle a Brioni or Brioni sport or are we not upscale enough?