Lenox Square/Phipps Plaza

Temeteron

• 1 month later...

I posted this in the Buckhead thread but I meant to post here.

DVF and Carolina Herrera are two of the big names that have been rumored to be coming to Atlanta. The others are Tom Ford, Celine, Dior, Vera Wang, and Dolce & Gabbana. It was assumed that they would go to Buckhead Atlanta but that may not necessarily be the case.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Tesla to open 2nd Atlanta area showroom Nov 21st at Lenox Square

If you are looking for a wonderful holiday gift for your spouse, look no further than Lenox Square. Tesla Motors is opening up the metro area's second Tesla Showroom at Lenox Square on November 21st. This opening will coincide with the opening of Metro Atlanta's third Tesla Showroom in Decatur around the same time. The Lenox showroom will be 3,245 square feet and located in the Neiman Marcus wing. It will have interior and exterior entrances.

The Decatur showroom will be 18,000 square feet and will be located on Church Street. This location will also have four super chargers that can deliver 150 miles worth of charge in 20 minutes. Tesla also plans to add these superchargers to a location in Atlantic Station. The Lenox and Decatur showrooms will join an existing showroom located in Marietta.   

Read more on the new showrooms here: http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/blog/atlantech/2014/11/tesla-motors-to-open-lenox-square-store-nov-21.html

If you happen to visit the Simon Properties website for Phipps Plaza you will notice there are 6 or so coming soon Retailers. Miu Miu, Dior, Celine and Reed Krakoff. I wonder if Simon Accidentally leaked retailers they were supposed to have kept secret?

If you happen to visit the Simon Properties website for Phipps Plaza you will notice there are 6 or so coming soon Retailers. Miu Miu, Dior, Celine and Reed Krakoff. I wonder if Simon Accidentally leaked retailers they were supposed to have kept secret?

I don't know about the others but Dior is headed to Buckhead Atlanta so that can't be accurate.

I'm a little curious as to why they are showing these as "new". I could have sworn the Miu Miu was already opened inside of Saks. I thought I saw it like five months ago. Perhaps the website has not been updated. LV, Prada and Fendi already have stores across the street at Lenox Square...another Simon property. It seems to be a bit of an overkill.

As Martinman mentioned, Dior is heading to the upscale Buckhead Atlanta mixed-use development. Dior is currently constructing a 5000+ square feet, two story boutique there. I'm no retail expert but I would wager that Celine, if they decide to open a full store in Atlanta, would also head to Buckhead Atlanta. Oliver McMillan has been phenomenal in bringing many first to market stores to BA.

I don't see how a space within a store can compete with a full boutique. Maybe these brands were added long before BA was opened. They may also precede the full stores at Lenox as well. This is why I am thinking that the website just needs to be updated. Perhaps some of our retail experts have an answer.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
5 minutes ago, Lady Celeste said:

So today is the big day for the grand opening of Tom Ford. I know that there has been pent up demand for this store to open. I hope it does well.

Tom ford is opening at the Buckhead Atlanta complex, not at Lenox. Is there a Buckhead Atlanta forum?

Edited by Temeteron

1 hour ago, Temeteron said:

Tom ford is opening at the Buckhead Atlanta complex, not at Lenox. Is there a Buckhead Atlanta forum?

Yes, there is a Buckhead Atlanta forum not too far below this one. I knew he meant to place this in the Buckhead Atlanta section...that's why I didn't mention it. I'm just glad that he takes the time to keep up with so much that is happening in Atlanta/

10 hours ago, Temeteron said:

There is a Buckhead Atlanta thread in which the last post was on Nov 2014.  I figured this was in effect the Buckhead high-end retail thread so I posted it here.   However, if it offends you, I will not make this mistake again. 

2 hours ago, Martinman said:

There is a Buckhead Atlanta thread in which the last post was on Nov 2014.  I figured this was in effect the Buckhead high-end retail thread so I posted it here.   However, if it offends you, I will not make this mistake again. 

Lol of course it did not offend me. I need to revisit Buckhead! It's been over a year for me.

• 3 weeks later...

781bd907a7e6771cae96eb390917e695.jpg

I was imagining that the new Phipps Plaza streetscape would look more like the one in Isthyne Park in Istanbul, Turkey. Am I the only one who had such high hopes/expectations for this place? And what's up with the rest of the exterior? I'm so baffled at how Simon leaves the rest of the mall stuck in the early 1990s, calling Phipps Plaza a shopping destination. Where is Macerich (Tysons Corner Center), Westfield or GGP to save this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

http://www.tonetoatl.com/2018/02/Gucci-Expanding-Phipps-Plaza-Atlanta-Hublot-Michael-Kors-Close.html

Gucci is expanding at Phipps Plaza, meanwhile Hublot closed and Michael Kors is closing Phipps location but keeping Lenox location.  I've always wondered sometimes if most tourists actually know Phipps even exists.  There should be a huge bridge or something connecting the two.  I like Buckhead Shops Atlanta but I hate that all the high end brands are spread out now.  You have to do 3 different stops to get your luxury shopping done.  #1rstWorldProblems :)