Lenox Square/Phipps Plaza

Temeteron

Repeat Atlanta is reporting that the Ermenegildo Zegna boutique will open next fall at Lenox which is celebrating is 50th year of business. According to the AJC, Lenox Square is among the top-selling malls in the country, with sales of $700 per square foot.

It will open in Hermes, right?

• 2 weeks later...

In 2008, it was reported that the Barneys CO-OP store at Phipps Plaza will relocate inside the mall for a new, two level store.[1] Nine new stores are projected to locate in the mall, including Prada, Dolce & Gabbana, Roberto Cavalli, Vera Wang and De Beers.

And Lenox is 8th in the country in Top sales of any mall

Edited by DOLCE&GABBANA

In 2008, it was reported that the Barneys CO-OP store at Phipps Plaza will relocate inside the mall for a new, two level store.[1] Nine new stores are projected to locate in the mall, including Prada, Dolce & Gabbana, Roberto Cavalli, Vera Wang and De Beers.

That's great to hear about Lenox being number 8. Someone else said 7th through other sources but 7 or 8, it's in the top 10.

Thats great. I was sure that Barneys was opening a new store, but I didn't know that Prada was coming. Thats great! I wonder what the other 4 stores will be. I knew that Lenox did great but I didnt know that it did that good.

Where are you getting your info from? I've never heard anything about those new stores opening at Phipps. Please don't tell me you are using wikipedia as a source.....

Where are you getting your info from? I've never heard anything about those new stores opening at Phipps. Please don't tell me you are using wikipedia as a source.....

actually its in the AJC that it was reported in where they were talking about Ill provide the link. This was Reported this year back in janurary and there are talks about a 2nd Niemans according to this article.

http://atlanta.bizjournals.com/atlanta/sto...12/story11.html

Why is Belk at Phipps not like Belk at Haywood? The Haywood Store carries Lacoste, Polo Ralph Lauren, Tommy Bahama, and others for men. They carry Lacoste, Ralph Lauren, Lucky Brand Jeans, Lilly Pulitzer, Free People, Michael Kors, and St. John for women. If Belk recieved Parisian's brands, then I guess the Phipps Parisian was not that good either.

Who cares about Belk when you have solo boutiques like Valentino Gucci Versace and elihie Tahari and Saks and Nordstroms they just put belks there to fill in the gap

Yeah, thats true. People care about it in smaller markets such as Charlotte and Greenville. Also its 'Elie Tahari' not "elihie Tahari".

Yeah, thats true. People care about it in smaller markets such as Charlotte and Greenville. Also its 'Elie Tahari' not "elihie Tahari".

Thanks for correcting me and Atlanta isnt a smaller market and Phipps is not a small market type mall. A better fit would be Barneys New York, It fits the mall better. Most of the belks here in Atlanta at other none upscale malls dont do well either. Look at northpoint mall its belk is about to close and plus you dont here anybody talking about belks around here, Its mostly macys niemans saks and Nordtroms

Thanks for correcting me and Atlanta isnt a smaller market and Phipps is not a small market type mall. A better fit would be Barneys New York, It fits the mall better. Most of the belks here in Atlanta at other none upscale malls dont do well either. Look at northpoint mall its belk is about to close and plus you dont here anybody talking about belks around here, Its mostly macys niemans saks and Nordtroms

Macy's in Atlanta is not all that nice, except Lenox. No Macy's stores are nice except the flagships, Roosevelt Field and Pentagon City. It would be better for Barneys to go there. Belk really is not nice except the flagship & better ones. Belk SouthPark is a lot like a Nordstrom with some cheaper merchandise also. Thats really the only one worth going to. But at least its better than Sears or JCPenney. Atlanta is not a small market at all. I was just stating that smaller markets that do not have Neimans or Nordstrom care about it. Such as Greenville. I think that Belk Haywood is the only place to buy Michael Kors bags in Greenville. No one is there anyway. So its pretty much just a wasted space.

I wonder if Prada will open at Phipps? If Prada is coming I think that Chanel should too because I am sure that Chanel sells good and most malls/cites get Chanel before Prada.

Ct36....Belk, for the most part, has only been known to be a strip mall sort of department store. I highly doubt many of the fashionistas or well heeled buyers are complaining about the lack of Lacoste at the Phipps location. With the plethora of boutiques in Atlanta that also carry luxury brands, most people don't give a hoot. Likewise, we have discussed Belk at Phipps Plaza enough till I just can't bring myself to do it any more. It is there and Atlantans will either embrace it as upscale or shun it as more suitable for lesser suburban malls. The one at Phipps never seem really busy while the one at the Mall of Georgia does brisk business. The market will either show us Belk at Phipps is doable or the store simply will be replaced. For the record, the Parisian at Phipps never was embraced as well.

Really, I think most people here have greater things to concern themselves with other than what Belk at Phipps carry and which Belk at some mall in some other city has better than the one at Phipps. Besides, many of those who frequent Phipps Plaza are just as soon fly directly to NYC to get an item that is not found in Atlanta than inquire why Belk doesn't carry a specific brand. Atlanta is not Greenville.....perhaps in Greenville Belk is in the top tier....in Atlanta it has a relatively midmarket image.

Ct36 did bring up an interesting thought, though. I've heard that the Macy's and Bloomingdale's at Lenox aren't that great compared to similar size stores in other cities. I've never been to either, so I couldn't tell you. Would anyone care to speak on how upscale these anchors are?

The Macy's at Roosevelt Field has a Louis Vuitton section- I was really surprised to see it. The flagship on ghetto 34th Street also has a bunch of high-end sections, presumably for tourists (as natives who can afford louis vuitton don't shop on 34th Street- Lord & Taylor is as far south as they go on 5th Avenue).

And re: Belk in Greenville- no, it is not the top tier there; Ivey's (downtown and then at McAlister) was always a nicer store, and then Parisian was higher-end. The Haywood store has upgraded but it's still Belk's.

Edited by mallguy

Ct36....Belk, for the most part, has only been known to be a strip mall sort of department store. I highly doubt many of the fashionistas or well heeled buyers are complaining about the lack of Lacoste at the Phipps location. With the plethora of boutiques in Atlanta that also carry luxury brands, most people don't give a hoot. Likewise, we have discussed Belk at Phipps Plaza enough till I just can't bring myself to do it any more. It is there and Atlantans will either embrace it as upscale or shun it as more suitable for lesser suburban malls. The one at Phipps never seem really busy while the one at the Mall of Georgia does brisk business. The market will either show us Belk at Phipps is doable or the store simply will be replaced. For the record, the Parisian at Phipps never was embraced as well.

Really, I think most people here have greater things to concern themselves with other than what Belk at Phipps carry and which Belk at some mall in some other city has better than the one at Phipps. Besides, many of those who frequent Phipps Plaza are just as soon fly directly to NYC to get an item that is not found in Atlanta than inquire why Belk doesn't carry a specific brand. Atlanta is not Greenville.....perhaps in Greenville Belk is in the top tier....in Atlanta it has a relatively midmarket image.

I don't like Belk anymore. Its just okay. I would rather go to Nordstrom or Neiman Marcus. I can understand why it does not do good in Atlanta. Its not that nice of a store and its new. Therefore, not that many people shop there. Its kind of weird because they sell some of the same things as they do at Sears, and also Neiman Marcus. Lacoste is not even that great anyway. Especially since Macy's is a flagship at Lenox it should be as good as regular stores. Some of the regular stores in the New York area are better than the flagship at Lenox. It also seems like Macy's really went down as soon as they bought all of May. Did Macy's really need to buy that many stores? I don't think so. Macy's Lenox was really not that great it had brands like Kenneth Cole, Steve Madden, Ralph Lauren, Lacoste and a few others. Its really not much better than Macy's SouthPark. Its more midscale than upscale. I cant say anything about Bloomies in Atlanta because I have never been there but I have also heard that it was not that good also. I am sure that Macy's at Roosevelt Field and Menlo Park are both better than Macy's Lenox. No one is goes to Belk Phipps anyway. They should put Barneys in Belk and put a mini Bergdorf Goodman in the future Barneys. :)

Edited by ct36

Steven, this is just from my observation from people here in Atlanta, only those who are into following retail seriously would notice a difference. I say this because I highly doubt many people go from city to city to see if there is a difference between locales. If I am in Dallas on some type of trip, I don't go there to shop. I want to see something that is uniquely Dallas. I will say this however Dallas has a ton of great shopping options.

If I need something, I am pretty deliberate on what I want so I go in and get it. Do I notice a regional or market difference...yes...would I equate that to one being better than the other...no. You stock differently for different markets. One thing that pains me greatly at times is the fact that many southern cities suffer from dress-down-itis. People would much rather walk around in tee shirts and jeans...even when in appropriate...than to dress. When I go to shop however, I already have exactly what I want in mind. I'm a lover of fashion and my style is pretty determined...and at my age fixed.

If I go into Bloomies and they do not have an item, the sales person simply picks up a phone and call a location that they feel may have the exact piece. Or they are knowledgeable enough to know an option...the customer service at the Lenox location has always been above par. They will either ship it or I can pick it up when I am next in the city. We just came back recently from NYC where my husband is from. He grew up in the East 60's of NYC...Bloomingdales NYC was a short walk away from his childhood home at either Lexington @ E 59th or Third @ E 60th ...and he never complains about the Bloomies at Lenox or Perimeter.

I think someone who is that big into high fashion, who would notice that the Dior carried at Lenox's Bloomies is lesser than the Dior at Bloomies NYC, should have the where with all to just fly to NYC and get what you want. As far as regular everyday shopping, I find the Bloomies at Lenox and Perimeter suit me just fine. I'm not a big Macy*s shopper so to that end I can not speak.

Steven, this is just from my observation from people here in Atlanta, only those who are into following retail seriously would notice a difference. I say this because I highly doubt many people go from city to city to see if there is a difference between locales. If I am in Dallas on some type of trip, I don't go there to shop. I want to see something that is uniquely Dallas. I will say this however Dallas has a ton of great shopping options.

If I need something, I am pretty deliberate on what I want so I go in and get it. Do I notice a regional or market difference...yes...would I equate that to one being better than the other...no. You stock differently for different markets. One thing that pains me greatly at times is the fact that many southern cities suffer from dress-down-itis. People would much rather walk around in tee shirts and jeans...even when in appropriate...than to dress. When I go to shop however, I already have exactly what I want in mind. I'm a lover of fashion and my style is pretty determined...and at my age fixed.

If I go into Bloomies and they do not have an item, the sales person simply picks up a phone and call a location that they feel may have the exact piece. Or they are knowledgeable enough to know an option...the customer service at the Lenox location has always been above par. They will either ship it or I can pick it up when I am next in the city. We just came back recently from NYC where my husband is from. He grew up in the East 60's of NYC...Bloomingdales NYC was a short walk away from his childhood home at either Lexington @ E 59th or Third @ E 60th ...and he never complains about the Bloomies at Lenox or Perimeter.

I think someone who is that big into high fashion, who would notice that the Dior carried at Lenox's Bloomies is lesser than the Dior at Bloomies NYC, should have the where with all to just fly to NYC and get what you want. As far as regular everyday shopping, I find the Bloomies at Lenox and Perimeter suit me just fine. I'm not a big Macy*s shopper so to that end I can not speak.

I was just asking, considering that we've taken about 10 pages of this thread burying Belk for what they don't carry, when they, like Macy's Bloomingdale's and all of those can get on the phone and order anything you want from their other stores if you ask them to.

I'm kind of like your explanation above, except that I really do go to the mall everywhere, because they're all a little different. I shop recreationally as a matter of course but I do most of my actual buying in dedicated trips to purchase items. I may come home with stuff from the mall anytime, but I really truly want something, I go straight to the source. For me, that's the internet or to larger cities like New York.

I was just asking, considering that we've taken about 10 pages of this thread burying Belk for what they don't carry, when they, like Macy's Bloomingdale's and all of those can get on the phone and order anything you want from their other stores if you ask them to.

I'm kind of like your explanation above, except that I really do go to the mall everywhere, because they're all a little different. I shop recreationally as a matter of course but I do most of my actual buying in dedicated trips to purchase items. I may come home with stuff from the mall anytime, but I really truly want something, I go straight to the source. For me, that's the internet or to larger cities like New York.

Exactly Steven...that's why I'm so glad I have inlaws in NYC. Instead of me complaining, I just spend weeks there and do all the shopping I need in the shopping mecca of the US. As much as we are, my husband wonders why we all just don't move there. When I'm strolling Madison, Lenox Mall hardly comes to mind.

My philosophy is this....if you can afford to actually shop (not just buying trinkets so you can have a bag with the name) at Bloomingdales, Saks, Bergdorfs or Neimans then a plane ticket to NYC shouldn't be a problem.

I don't like Belk anymore. Its just okay. I would rather go to Nordstrom or Neiman Marcus. I can understand why it does not do good in Atlanta. Its not that nice of a store and its new. Therefore, not that many people shop there. Its kind of weird because they sell some of the same things as they do at Sears, and also Neiman Marcus. Lacoste is not even that great anyway. Especially since Macy's is a flagship at Lenox it should be as good as regular stores. Some of the regular stores in the New York area are better than the flagship at Lenox. It also seems like Macy's really went down as soon as they bought all of May. Did Macy's really need to buy that many stores? I don't think so. Macy's Lenox was really not that great it had brands like Kenneth Cole, Steve Madden, Ralph Lauren, Lacoste and a few others. Its really not much better than Macy's SouthPark. Its more midscale than upscale. I cant say anything about Bloomies in Atlanta because I have never been there but I have also heard that it was not that good also. I am sure that Macy's at Roosevelt Field and Menlo Park are both better than Macy's Lenox. No one is goes to Belk Phipps anyway. They should put Barneys in Belk and put a mini Bergdorf Goodman in the future Barneys. :)

Well The MAcys at Lenox carry alot more than Macys in Southpark. There also carry Hugo Boss and Armani. Macys Atl is almost 2 times the size of Southpark. Bloomies is alright i mean they sell D&G, theory, john Varvatos, Hugo Boss, Roberto Cavalli, Armani, etc South Park macys is like Perimeter Mall.

Well The MAcys at Lenox carry alot more than Macys in Southpark. There also carry Hugo Boss and Armani. Macys Atl is almost 2 times the size of Southpark. Bloomies is alright i mean they sell D&G, theory, john Varvatos, Hugo Boss, Roberto Cavalli, Armani, etc South Park macys is like Perimeter Mall. Its nice that we have 2 Bloomies. Some citys cant even get one. So I am happy satisfied with what we have here in Atlanta. With Nordstrom Rack opening in Buckhead ill def be happy because ill be able to get all my favorite pieces at cheap prices.

Edited by DOLCE&GABBANA

Well The MAcys at Lenox carry alot more than Macys in Southpark. There also carry Hugo Boss and Armani. Macys Atl is almost 2 times the size of Southpark. Bloomies is alright i mean they sell D&G, theory, john Varvatos, Hugo Boss, Roberto Cavalli, Armani, etc South Park macys is like Perimeter Mall. Its nice that we have 2 Bloomies. Some citys cant even get one. So I am happy satisfied with what we have here in Atlanta. With Nordstrom Rack opening in Buckhead ill def be happy because ill be able to get all my favorite pieces at cheap prices.

Macy's Lenox is not all that great, but it is a lot better than Macy's SouthPark. The whole company is not all that great. At least Bloomies is okay.

Macy's Lenox is not all that great, but it is a lot better than Macy's SouthPark. The whole company is not all that great. At least Bloomies is okay.

Well I am glad thats your Opinon , In my eyes Its great compared to alot other Macys I have been too, And by the way FACCONABLE just opened up too and they have some killer stuff.

Edited by DOLCE&GABBANA

Well I am glad thats your Opinon , In my eyes Its great compared to alot other Macys I have been too, And by the way FACCONABLE just opened up too and they have some killer stuff.

I think Macy's Lenox is better than all the Macy's stores in NC, SC, GA, AL and TN. Thats pretty good.

I think Macy's Lenox is better than all the Macy's stores in NC, SC, GA, AL and TN. Thats pretty good.

The Macy's at Millenia in Orlando really does set itself apart from any other Macy's in Florida. It was never a Burdines and was built as a new concept store just before the Macy's takeover. You should really check it out, it makes Macy's seem "special" like it should be. It even out does the Bloomingdales in the mall, which is also a great store. Also, Forbes.com put Mall at Millenia in Orlando as one of the top ten most successful malls in the US at this time, and there was no Atlanta mall in the top 10 in sales per square foot. It really is a unique store and a unique mall and is definetly a destination shopping center for the southeast, just as the article states. No negativity towards ATL or any other mall or city, just you really should include it when talking about retail in the southeast. Why does everyone always try to compare Atlanta and Charlotte in the retail scene in the southeast and leave out Florida? I know Atlanta is awesome for shopping, but to compare it regionally you need to head south.