Lenox Square/Phipps Plaza

Temeteron

A Chanel store in Atlanta would most likely be bigger, because it's a bigger market than Orlando. You have a few other Chanel stores not too far from Orlando, so it kinda effects the store size. Many high-end boutiques have their only outposts in Atlanta, and the nearest ones are usually hundreds of miles away in DC or Miami. So the stores would be bigger usually.

Edited by DAP433

Well a tiny Chanel is better than no Chanel. It can't be that tiny because the wing that it is in is 20,000 square feet (just the left side from Neiman Marcus to Bloomingdale's. There's 8 stores in that wing and they all look relatively the same size, so that's about 2,000 (+/-) for each store. The A&F store below is about 15,000 square feet and it's about 5 and a half of the smaller corresponding stores on the upper level.

There not big at all They only carry hangbags and accessories. I know I have been to that mall at least 50 times going back and forth from daytona beach while I was in school. People should just shop Chanel Saks or Niemans for the Time being. Id rather them put a nice size store there vs a tiny one. Its all about selections whats the point of having the boutique and selections are small.... That mall gets praised but there really isnt many flagship stores there. I dont ever think I bought anything from that mall. I hate to be somewhere and there arent a wide variety of selections

Edited by DOLCE&GABBANA

Wow. I bet all these stores were suppose to go to streets of buckhead. That kinda sucks in my opinion because arent all the SOB stores supposed to be flagship? SOB is back on track. I bet eventually stores are gonna leave the malls and go to SOB. Can't wait till it opens.

Wow! Atlanta really seems to be moving forward fashion wise. That leaves the big time fashion houses like Dior, Prada, Dolce&Gabbana, Emilio Pucci, and a few others to set up shop in Atlanta, and then we should almost have the full luxury line up. But will Atlanta ever be the next Bal Harbour?

Edited by Kenneth Disraili

Wow! Atlanta really seems to be moving forward fashion wise. That leaves the big time fashion houses like Dior, Prada, Dolce&Gabbana, Emilio Pucci, and a few others to set up shop in Atlanta, and then we should almost have the full luxury line up. But will Atlanta ever be the next Bal Harbour?

I think that they can do it. Especially if they can support 4 upscale centers within 8 miles.

Wow. I bet all these stores were suppose to go to streets of buckhead. That kinda sucks in my opinion because arent all the SOB stores supposed to be flagship? SOB is back on track. I bet eventually stores are gonna leave the malls and go to SOB. Can't wait till it opens.

I don't see why Atlanta can't have both. The Streets of Buckhead would be our Rodeo Drive, and Lenox and Phipps would be our version of South Coast Plaza just below Los Angeles, plus I read that Atlanta is obtaining more millionaire growth than any other major city in the United States, so it seems all of this luxury could in fact be supported and is justified.

These high end retailers spend several years researching a particular market and if conditions are right, they move into it, plus the mult-million dollar cost of constructiong their boutique, so we will see what happens when the SOB comes online.

I don't see why Atlanta can't have both. The Streets of Buckhead would be our Rodeo Drive, and Lenox and Phipps would be our version of South Coast Plaza just below Los Angeles, plus I read that Atlanta is obtaining more millionaire growth than any other major city in the United States, so it seems all of this luxury could in fact be supported and is justified.

These high end retailers spend several years researching a particular market and if conditions are right, they move into it, plus the mult-million dollar cost of constructiong their boutique, so we will see what happens when the SOB comes online.

Just to let you guys know Calvin Klien is closing at lenox mall, there closing all there stores with Simon and Periemter mall is in talks, There may be a possible store closure of the Bloomies...

Just to let you guys know Calvin Klien is closing at lenox mall, there closing all there stores with Simon and Periemter mall is in talks, There may be a possible store closure of the Bloomies...

Can't say I'm surprised about Calvin Klein. Had they probably sold the Collection lines at the White Label stores, and a lot more would probably be open.

With that said, The American Cafe at Phipps has closed. Surprised that it lasted this long, the food was not good at all. However, it's always sad to see people being laid off from work.

Is Bloomingdale's really do badly? Seems like they would not have spent all the money renovating if they were not planning on sticking around.

Is Bloomingdale's really do badly? Seems like they would not have spent all the money renovating if they were not planning on sticking around.

I really doubt that they will close, too. When I went, there were a lot of people there. They were actually buying things, too.

That Bloomingdales SUCKS. There mens section is Horrible. I think they just need a better selection. The Lenox Mall Bloomingdales is WAY better and bigger.

I honestly think that the Macy's in Lenox is better than the Bloomies in Perimeter.

I kinda don't understand why it sucks so, because the Nordrstrom in Perimeter is good. Shouldn't they want to make that Bloomies better so it can compete with that Nordstrom?

Edited by SAV

Bloomingdale's can't close. There would be nothing to replace it at Lenox. The only upscale department store they don't have is Bergdorf Goodman and I am 100% sure that it won't go there. The most reasonable replacement would be Dillard's. :(

Wrong Blomingdale's. They're talking about the one at Perimeter possibly closing not Lenox. :)

Wrong Blomingdale's. They're talking about the one at Perimeter possibly closing not Lenox. :)

Oh. I could see that one closing before the Lenox one. That would be sad for Perimeter. They could replace it with Neimans/ Saks, but that's way too close to their current Atlanta stores.

Well martin and Osa is closing at perimeter too, But Atlantas 3rd urbanoutfitters and 2nd True Relegion store 2nd Michael kors just opened up at Periemter..

I wish they Could combine Lenox And Phipps Together it would be like Houston galleria Almost... And Streets of Buckhead starts Construction again in July. He got the funding that he needed so more luxury for Atlanta area...

http://blogs.ajc.com/business-beat/2010/06/04/power-breakfast-streets-of-buckhead-to-get-new-funding-delta-and-airtran-mcdonalds-bp-wal-mart-jobs-report/

Well martin and Osa is closing at perimeter too, But Atlantas 3rd urbanoutfitters and 2nd True Relegion store 2nd Michael kors just opened up at Periemter..

I wish they Could combine Lenox And Phipps Together it would be like Houston galleria Almost... And Streets of Buckhead starts Construction again in July. He got the funding that he needed so more luxury for Atlanta area...

http://blogs.ajc.com...rt-jobs-report/

No. It would be better than Houston Galleria. Lenox has Bloomingdale's and a lot bigger Macy's. It's really stupid to have 2 Macy's stores at the mall. Also, Atlanta has 3 Nordstrom stores and Houston only has 1.

No. It would be better than Houston Galleria. Lenox has Bloomingdale's and a lot bigger Macy's. It's really stupid to have 2 Macy's stores at the mall. Also, Atlanta has 3 Nordstrom stores and Houston only has 1.

ACutally it wouldnt Houston Galleria has a large 9,000 sqft chanel boutique, Emporio Armani, De Beers. YSL. AG Jeans, Ch CArolina Herra, Chirstian Dior, They have more luxury boutiques.. With Streets of Buckhead and the additions to Lenox Fendi and Zegna we will be kinda even. But right now we are not .....

Edited by DOLCE&GABBANA

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone verify that the Chanel Boutique is actually under construction at Phipps Plaza, because if it is opening this summer, then it should be almost finished. The only place I can find it mentioned is on wikipedia.com, and anybody can post anything on that site.

• 3 weeks later...

It will continue to gain new stores I am fairly certain. Of course no one can really know for sure what the econmic future holds, but Atlanta, now being a metropolis of 6,000,000 mostly wealthy people, has simply grown too large to ignore. The stores MUST cash in on the fast rising population. One can only wonder how much better Phipps can get or what terrific stores will locate in Streets of Buckhead, but this development I like far better than a "mall" type situation.

• 3 weeks later...

Just to let you guys know Louis Vuttion is renovating.. There are expanding the store.. It will now carry a full ready to wear mens and womens line.. They will be temp located in the Mark Shale old space... They will also be expanding there Shoe line and accessories

Edited by DOLCE&GABBANA

Just to let you guys know Louis Vuttion is renovating.. There are expanding the store.. It will now carry a full ready to wear mens and womens line.. They will be temp located in the Mark Shale old space... They will also be expanding there Shoe line and accessories

How will they expand? Only Burberry is beside it. Unless they have an upper level?