Lenox Square/Phipps Plaza

Temeteron

• 2 weeks later...

Some of the Atlanta retail blogs are now saying that not only will Louis Vuitton enlarge to 10,000 sq. feet to become one of only of about a dozen or so Global Boutiques in the U.S., but Godiva is relocating and along with Louis Vuitton taking up part of the shuttered Mark Shale space, Salvatore Ferragamo will take in part of the Godiva space along with part of the Mark Shale space to renovate and enlarge thier Atlanta boutique. It is unclear though whether Farragamo will also carry thier ready to wear line as Louis Vuitton will be.

Also what is remaining of the Godiva space and moving in to take more of the old Mark Shale space, Prada plans to build thier new boutique in that location. The remainder of the space that is left will become a Microsoft store taking 7,900 sq. feet and will be the seventh such location in the U.S.

And XXI will be opening a flagship store in the current Restoration Hardware space, taking up 27,000 sq. feet, while Restoration Hardware will be relocating to the Shops Around Lenox which itself is getting a major mult-million dollar overhaul. In the photos the redue reminds me of Americana at Manhasset:

http://www.whatnowat...aroundlenox.png

Finally, if Phipps Plaza didn't have enough childrens stores. Well the mall is getting another one called Pampolina, an upscale German children's clothing store set to open Winter 2010. The location is not yet known. So Phipps will have Strasburg Children, Janie & Jack, Hanna Andersson, Oilily, Coco Bonbons, and Pampolina.

Also Joe's Jeans will open up thier fourth U.S. location at Phipps Plaza with the continuing demand for designer jeans. Lucky Brand Jeans already has a location at Phipps, and Lenox has 7 For All Mankind, True Religion, Energie by Miss Sixty and Diesel.

Oh yeah, Arhaus Furniture Gallery will be locating in Phipps Plaza around the fall of 2011. It will take up 17,000 sq. feet and will be two levels with its own elevator. The furniture is very upscale and expensive. As far as the location, it is only known that it will be on the Lenox Road side of the mall.

Ok, I think that's it, and please don't look at the time of posting and the edit time!:P

Edited by Kenneth Disraili

Some of the Atlanta retail blogs are now saying that not only will Louis Vuitton enlarge to 10,000 sq. feet to become one of only about a dozen or so Global Boutiques in the U.S., but Godiva is relocating and along with Louis Vuitton taking up part of the shuttered Mark Shale space, Salvatore Ferragamo will take in part of the Godiva space along with part of the Mark Shale space to renovate and enlarge thier Atlanta boutique. It is unclear though whether Farragamo will also carry thier ready to wear line as Louis Vuitton is.

Also what is remaining of the Godiva space and moving in to take more of the old Mark Shale space, Prada plans to build thier new boutique in that location. The remainder of the space that is left will become a Microsoft Superstore, and will be the third such location in the U.S.

Finally XXI will be opening a flagship store in the current Restoration Hardware space, and R.H. will be relocating to the Shops Around Lenox.

Wow Kenneth! That's exciting news!

Wow Kenneth! That's exciting news!

Yes it is Temeteron, but I came back to do a major edit, to be more exact about the square feet and so on, so there is yet more to read and enjoy lol!:yahoo:

Oh wow, I had to edit my edit! :silly:

Edited by Kenneth Disraili

That IS great news!

I think another great addition to Lenox would be a Gilly Hicks store. There's 16 of them nationwide, so Atlanta should have one by now-especially since Seattle and San Antonio already have one. Lenox could also use a larger Abercrombie & Fitch store. It's always very busy (usually over a 10 minute line to pay) and is probably the busiest A&F in Atlanta. Even Denver and Orlando have larger A&F's than any in Atlanta.

That IS great news!

I think another great addition to Lenox would be a Gilly Hicks store. There's 16 of them nationwide, so Atlanta should have one by now-especially since Seattle and San Antonio already have one. Lenox could also use a larger Abercrombie & Fitch store. It's always very busy (usually over a 10 minute line to pay) and is probably the busiest A&F in Atlanta. Even Denver and Orlando have larger A&F's than any in Atlanta.

I agree ct36 that Gilly Hicks would be another great addition for the ladies. Gilly Hicks carries women's underwear, loungewear, and personal care goods. Gilly Hick's parent company is Abercrombie & Fitch. And speaking of that issue. A & F used to be in Phipps Plaza taking up a huge space on level one. Simon asked Abercrombie & Fitch officials if they would consider relocating over to Lenox so they could sub-divide the space for other retailers and so they agreed. The space that was Abercrombie & Fitch in Phipps is now Landau, Tory Burch, Barney's New York CO-OP, and Jimmy Choo. I assumed that the Lenox Square location would be even larger, but it looks like that did not happen. However Abercrombie & Fitch could possibly take the shuttered Calvin Klein "white label" space on the Neiman Marcus wing which is 10,000 sq. feet, but I have no idea what thier current sq. footage is, so even the former Calvin Klein space might not be large enough for a flagship store.

But if you want to shop in a large Abercrombie & Fitch store, go to Perimeter Mall because that one is huge.

I agree ct36 that Gilly Hicks would be another great addition for the ladies. Gilly Hicks carries women's underwear, loungewear, and personal care goods. Gilly Hick's parent company is Abercrombie & Fitch. And speaking of that issue. A & F used to be in Phipps Plaza taking up a huge space on level one. Simon asked Abercrombie & Fitch officials if they would consider relocating over to Lenox so they could sub-divide the space for other retailers and so they agreed. The space that was Abercrombie & Fitch in Phipps is now Landau, Tory Burch, Barney's New York CO-OP, and Jimmy Choo. I assumed that the Lenox Square location would be even larger, but it looks like that did not happen. However Abercrombie & Fitch could possibly take the shuttered Calvin Klein "white label" space on the Neiman Marcus wing which is 10,000 sq. feet, but I have no idea what thier current sq. footage is, so even the former Calvin Klein space might not be large enough for a flagship store.

But if you want to shop in a large Abercrombie & Fitch store, go to Perimeter Mall because that one is huge.

I didn't know that A&F had used the Landau, Tory Burch, and Jimmy Choo spaces as well. Must have been huge! The A&F at Lenox was fairly large. When I first went there in January 2008, they had three rooms for men and three for women. I remember that they really needed more fitting rooms, and when I went back in March 2009, they only had 2 mens rooms. So they replaced the third mens room with more fitting rooms. I doubt that they would do this, but they could always reopen the third mens room and have new fitting rooms in the back of the store. This would mean that they could use the Tous, Jacadi, and maybe even the Teavana space and put another stock room there? I'm sure they could find space for three small tenants. Like I said, I doubt this would happen but I wish it would. A&F and Belk are pretty much the only stores I shop at in Asheville. That's why I like going to SouthPark and Lenox so much :)

Next time I go to Atlanta I will probably go to Perimeter and Lenox.

That IS great news!

The one at perimeter is large so is the one at Northpoint and Mall of Ga

Edited by DOLCE&GABBANA

The one at perimeter is large so is the one at Northpoint and Mall of Ga

I've been to the A&F at Mall of Georgia. It's kind of big. I want to go to Perimeter, but I will definitely make it to Lenox! I just hope that Bloomingdale's there doesn't close-there's really nothing to replace it with.

I've been to the A&F at Mall of Georgia. It's kind of big. I want to go to Perimeter, but I will definitely make it to Lenox! I just hope that Bloomingdale's there doesn't close-there's really nothing to replace it with.

There has been no word that the Bloomingdale's at Lenox Square will be closing. There have however been rumors that the Bloomingdale's at Perimeter Mall might close, but this has not been confirmed by either General Growth Properties-the owner of the mall or by Macys Inc., the parent company of Bloomingdale's.

There has been no word that the Bloomingdale's at Lenox Square will be closing. There have however been rumors that the Bloomingdale's at Perimeter Mall might close, but this has not been confirmed by either General Growth Properties-the owner of the mall or by Macys Inc., the parent company of Bloomingdale's.

I was talking about the Bloomie's at Perimeter. It sadly wouldn't surprise me that much if it closed, however, it would surprise me if Bloomingdale's at Lenox closed.

:)

I don't think either Bloomingdale's is headed anywhere.

Are you saying that you don't think either of the two Atlanta Bloomingdale's will close or do you mean the opposite or something else? I've been seeing rumors online about the one at Perimeter possibly closing since last spring. A recent newspaper article stated that the Perimeter Bloomingdale's is more suburban and the Lenox store is more contemporary.

Well speaking of department stores, Atlanta really lost a good one. I would love to see the return of Lord & Taylor. When it first opened in 1969 I was only seven years old, and my mom bought my back to school clothes there.

The Phipps Plaza Lord & Taylor in 1993 was pumping out profits of around 30 million dollars a year, which was big back then. Lord & Taylor was part of Atlanta for 35 years. The problems started when Lord & Taylor embarked an a huge expansion across the Southeast, Southwest, and Rocky Mountain Region of the U.S. So since the Phipps Lord & Taylor fell in the "Close all stores in this region" category, the Phipps Plaza store was shuttered even though it was still pumping out huge profits for the company. Many Atlantans can see how Northpoint and The Mall of Georgia locations might not have been as successful, but I think even though the Phipps Plaza Lord & Taylor was in the closure zone, that the company should have made an exception and left the store open. Maybe they will return someday.

And what Steven said about Bloomingdale's makes perfect sense to me. So much was invested in gutting the two Macy's stores and turning them into Bloomingdale's locations.

I recently went to Lord & Taylor's New York flagship to check out the changes that have occurred in the post-May Company/Federated years. In a word, the store was impressive. No one will confuse it for Bergdorf Goodman, but it has carved out its own niche in the upscale department store universe. It'd be a great fit for Atlanta, I think, but it may be years before they expand again.

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know what's going in the old Hermes space? It's not going to be Ermengildo Zegna; they're opening between Cartier and Bulgari.

Right now the old Hermes space is occupied by The Blue Corset Company. I do not know if that is a permenant tenant or temporary. And speaking of Zegna, I didn't know they were also taking in the Mori Classics space. That is going to be a very large Zegna boutique.

• 2 weeks later...

All of the Atlanta retail blogs are now saying that Crate & Barrel will be vacating thier two level space at Lenox Square and moving to The Shops Around Lenox next door in the old Tower Records space. Also Level 21 will be taking the Restoration Hardware space in addition to the shuttered Ann Taylor space in which Ann Taylor has opened up a new concept store on the main mall level. The Steve Madden space next door as well as the Dass Salon space will also be taken to fulfill the space requirements needed by Level 21. They also said that part of the mall will have to be reconfigured such as moving the escalators and the elevator. It was stated that Steve Madden will locate on Level two of the Neiman Marcus wing in the old Shabby Chic space.

Quite a lot going on with Simon these days.

On another note the Fendi boutique is doing very well and the Atlanta boutique has been designated as the first Fendi boutique to carry men's ready to wear, which I didn't know.

The Ermenegildo Zegna boutique will be called a Superstore rather than the term Global. It will carry the signature Zegna Couture as well as made to measure services.

As far as Phipps Plaza, everything is quite right now, but then we really never know what Simon is up to, now do we?:lol:

• 3 weeks later...