Lenox Square/Phipps Plaza

Temeteron

Along with French Connection, PH8 (formerly Bebe Sport) will be closing all of thier stores. So this will leave two spaces on the same side on level one near the main entrance and Macy*s that are up for grabs. As many of you know Tisha Melay is the Simon Marketing Director for both Lenox Square and Phipps Plaza, so it will be interesting to see what she comes up with, but please NO more Trio stores or Know Style which are temp. fillers. She got Herve Leger, Ermenegildo Zenga, Bvlgari, Prada, Fendi, Ferragamo and others, and with the on and off again construction of The Streets of Buckhead, she might lure one of those proposed tenants to locate in Lenox.

I mean gosh, has anyone seen the temp. location Hermes is having to use while they wait on the retail portion of The Streets of Buckhead to get finished so they can move into thier flagship boutique? I would have thrown in the towel a long time ago and just gone back to Lenox or Phipps.

Along with French Connection, PH8 (formerly Bebe Sport) will be closing all of thier stores. So this will leave two spaces on the same side on level one near the main entrance and Macy*s that are up for grabs. As many of you know Tisha Melay is the Simon Marketing Director for both Lenox Square and Phipps Plaza, so it will be interesting to see what she comes up with, but please NO more Trio stores or Know Style which are temp. fillers. She got Herve Leger, Ermenegildo Zenga, Bvlgari, Prada, Fendi, Ferragamo and others, and with the on and off again construction of The Streets of Buckhead, she might lure one of those proposed tenants to locate in Lenox.

I mean gosh, has anyone seen the temp. location Hermes is having to use while they wait on the retail portion of The Streets of Buckhead to get finished so they can move into thier flagship boutique? I would have thrown in the towel a long time ago and just gone back to Lenox or Phipps.

Or Hermes could move to the "Midtown Mile". :D

Since it's that bad, I think that they should have just stayed at Lenox until a month or less before the new boutique opens.

• 3 weeks later...

Ermenegildo Zegna has finally opened. It's a very large store, isn't it a flagship? And the Fendi store looks great. Here's an image for those who wanna see the storefront.

aaf61fcd-1c02-450e-b373-a638c1315b18_78_photo_1.jpg

More changes:

Armani Exchange will close their Phipps Plaza location in favor for a location at Lenox. One another side, Bottega Veneta will open a boutique this summer at Phipps Plaza.

http://whatnowatlanta.com/2011/01/07/armani-exchange-to-close-at-phipps-and-reopen-at-lenox-square/

http://whatnowatlanta.com/2011/01/07/bottega-veneta-announces-new-boutique-at-phipps-plaza/

Lucky Brand Jeans should make the move to Lenox too as it seems like it would fit better there. That's good news about Bottega Veneta in terms of the retail market for Atlanta. With Fendi and Prada at Lenox, I guess all Phipps is really missing is Chanel and Dior. The others we don't have could go to Streets of Buckhead if that ever gets finished.

• Like 1

Lucky Brand Jeans should make the move to Lenox too as it seems like it would fit better there. That's good news about Bottega Veneta in terms of the retail market for Atlanta. With Fendi and Prada at Lenox, I guess all Phipps is really missing is Chanel and Dior. The others we don't have could go to Streets of Buckhead if that ever gets finished.

Bottega Veneta had committed to the SOB back in 2008. Guess they got tired of waiting.

• 2 weeks later...

Ermenegildo Zegna dosen't use the term "Global" or "Flagship", but it actually is, but instead of these two labels, they are calling thier new Lenox Square boutique "Superstore."

I agree that A/X Armani Exchange would be more suited in the mix of luxury and hip retailers. And if Giorgio Armani ever opens up an Emporio Armani Boutique, I also think it should be located at Lenox Square. The Giorgio Armani Boutique at Phipps Plaza is great where it is. Just on that side of the Saks wing you have Elie Tehari, Valentino, Giorgio Armani, Versace, Wolford Boutique, Bottega Veneta (coming soon), The Tavern at Phipps, and St. Croix. On the other side is the huge Jeffery Boutique, Intermix, and Ann Fontaine.

An associate of Fendi that I spoke with told me that the reason Fendi located at Lenox Square, is because they have a Fendi mini-Boutique in Saks Fifth Avenue, along with Louis Vuitton, Dior, Chanel, Prada, Dolce&Gabbana, and Vera Wang. But then Neiman Marcus also has a Chanel-mini-Boutique, so I wonder if Chanel is holding out for the SOB?

The holding company that owns Gucci also owns Bottega Veneta, and Yves Saint Laurent, so now all we need is a YSL Boutique.

And yes, add in Chanel, Dior, Dolce&Gabbana, Emilio Pucci, Henri Bendel, Custo Barcelona, and that should top it off.

My oh my oh my, how things have changed. I remember when the shop where Ralph Lauren and Herve Leger are, was J.Crew. And the David Yurman spot used to be where Louis Vuitton was, and where Louis Vuitton is now, used to be the location of Guess. Progress, progress, progress!:yahoo:

I think there is a lot of overlapping between the two malls. While Phipps Plaza has a decent amount of exclusive tenants, there are a lot of stores that overlap with their locations with Lenox. I don't really know much about the history of both areas, has it been always like this??

• 2 weeks later...

I think there is a lot of overlapping between the two malls. While Phipps Plaza has a decent amount of exclusive tenants, there are a lot of stores that overlap with their locations with Lenox. I don't really know much about the history of both areas, has it been always like this??

Well London base All Saints is opening a store at Lenox. If you guys havent seen there stuff its amazing..

http://www.tonetoatl...ng-to-grow.html

Edited by DOLCE&GABBANA

Absolutely not. When Lenox Square was owned by Corporate Property Investors and Phipps Plaza was owned by the Equitable REIT, the two malls competed against each other, but that all ended when Simon bought both malls around 1998.

This is just my opinion but I think that Tisha Melay, Simon's Senior Marketing Director for both Lenox Square and Phipps Plaza gives Lenox more attention than Phipps.

Let's look at the overlapping retailers: Landau Jewelry could have been Judith Leiber, but there was a heated argument over their lease at Lenox, so maybe De Beers. Then Williams-Sonoma could have been Sur La Table or Z-Gallery. Brookstone could have been the new location for Sony. Now I don't really consider Sunglass Hut or Teavana to be overlappers because some malls such as South Coast Plaza has two or even three locations for these particular retailers. Mori Luggage could have been Bags n Baggage I suppose. Now Coach is technically Coach Footwear, and Bebe located in Phipps before opening thier huge store over at Lenox.

But I do agree that Simon Properties can and should do a better job in filling the Southeast's two prime shopping destinations with a better mix and less overlapping.

Legoland which had been scouting the area for two years for one of their indoor amusement parks, has chosen Phipps. I think its a VERY odd location for them and even more so for Phipps.

That is odd. Wait amusement park? wth not for Phipps at all besides they can't if it in there, can they?

But yeah when I go to Atlanta next month I'll figure out which A&F has GH stuff. Nice to know they're obviously interested in the market.

Legoland which had been scouting the area for two years for one of their indoor amusement parks, has chosen Phipps. I think its a VERY odd location for them and even more so for Phipps.

I can not quite figure out what Assistant Marketing Director for Simon's Phipps Plaza/Lenox Square, Tisha Malay is up to. First she announces that Bottega Veneta will be opening a new boutique in Phipps, then she turns around and announces that Legoland will be locating on level-3 taking up 37,000 sq. feet and that the entire third level will be gutted. Then of course the rumors and speculation. One is that level-3 will be expanded almost to the Court of the South. Another is the theaters don't have stadium seating or high quality sound, and they are going to get rid to them and then use that space for a new food court. Anyway I guess we will know by for certain by Summer 2012. Here is one of Atlanta's notorious blogs explaining some of this, and of course we all know how accurate their information can be:

http://www.tonetoatl.com/2011/02/legoland-bringings-lots-of-bricks-to.html#more

Apparently all the Energie/Miss Sixty stores in the U.S. (including the Lenox store) have closed or are closing.....I'm extremely upset about this! I love their clothes! I wonder how so many parts of the world can support this brand except for the U.S.? Even Vietnam has a location!

Well Temeteron if it will help you feel any better, the former Miss Sixty space is going to be a new Godiva Chocolate Cafe (a new concept store), so you can just fill up on some chocolate confections and that should make the transition go somewhat smoother my friend.:D

Just been browsing all these posts. Sorry to disappoint those posters five years ago but Ruehl ended up being folded :/

I enjoyed my trip to Lenox Square. I had heard it stories that it's a very pretentious mall but I didn't feel that way inside. Perhaps it was because I thought the Neiman Marcus was so tacky inside promoting Chanel with big posters. I don't remember the Neiman Marcus stores in Denver, Phoenix, Charlotte or King of Prussia being that way but alas. Maybe my next trip will be to Phipps Plaza. Where is that new Von Maur store coming in at?

Edited by dusty87

Just been browsing all these posts. Sorry to disappoint those posters five years ago but Ruehl ended up being folded :/

I enjoyed my trip to Lenox Square. I had heard it stories that it's a very pretentious mall but I didn't feel that way inside. Perhaps it was because I thought the Neiman Marcus was so tacky inside promoting Chanel with big posters. I don't remember the Neiman Marcus stores in Denver, Phoenix, Charlotte or King of Prussia being that way but alas. Maybe my next trip will be to Phipps Plaza. Where is that new Von Maur store coming in at?

Well Atlanta's Neiman Marcus is probably much more upscale than all of those other Neiman Marcus stores. It really depends on how the poster looks, though.

• 3 weeks later...

I went to Lenox over the weekend! I think that the mall looks great inside, even if it does show a bit of age on the outside. IMO the do need to renovate the food court though. I think they need to divide the space for Calvin Klein between Chanel, Dior, D&G, Carolina Herrera, and DeBeers. I think it might be large enough for all of those. I went to Perimeter, too. Nice stores but I wasn't impressed with the interior of the mall. They need to take out the carpet on level two and just make the mall look like it does downstairs in the main wing of the mall (Dillard's/Macy's). If they do that it would look like a very nice mall, not an old, dingy, downscale looking one. I went to the A&F there, and it actually is bigger, but they have less stuff than their Lenox and Mall of Georgia stores. The Nordstrom looked really crappy because it looked like the ripped up the flooring on most of it and it was just plain concrete on level 2. I'm not sure they even needed to renovate it, considering Nordstrom stores are always so classy despite it opening 13 years ago.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...