Lenox Square/Phipps Plaza

Temeteron

• 2 weeks later...

Sony Style's shuttered space will be replaced by LACOSTE, which I think is great. I never will understand why they were in such a small space. It truly made you feel like you were in a closet. But I compared the new space compared to the old and you could fit almost six of the small LACOSTE Boutiques into the new space.

And it was announced also that PUMA would be replaced with a relocated adidas store. It seems Lenox Square is certainly not running short on shoe and sports stores.

Also Free People has announced the opening of their first Atlanta boutique. I am guessing the boutique may locate in the former PH8 (formerly BEBE SPORT) space or perhaps the shuttered Shabby Chic space on level two of the Neiman Marcus wing.

And Salvatore Ferragamo completed moving all of their merchandise down to what was the original Hermes Boutique so that the current boutique can be renovated and expanded into the space formerly held by Godiva. Godiva has already moved into their new location which was the former Miss Sixty/Energie space.

Over at Phipps Plaza the Bottega Veneta Boutique is on schedule for a possible summer or fall opening, and L.K. Bennett London's second only boutique is under construction next door to the Vince Boutique in what used to be part of the Niketown space. It has been said that L.K. Bennett is one of Princess Kate's favorite boutiques to shop in. Oh, I just feel like yelling, "The British are coming, the British are coming lol!!":lol:

Edited by Kenneth Disraili

Sony Style's shuttered space will be replaced by LACOSTE, which I think is great. I never will understand why they were in such a small space. It truly made you feel like you were in a closet. But I compared the new space compared to the old and you could fit almost six of the small LACOSTE Boutiques into the new space.

And it was announced also that PUMA would be replaced with a relocated adidas store. It seems Lenox Square is certainly not running short on shoe and sports stores.

Also Free People has announced the opening of their first Atlanta boutique. I am guessing the boutique may locate in the former PH8 (formerly BEBE SPORT) space or perhaps the shuttered Shabby Chic space on level two of the Neiman Marcus wing.

And Salvatore Ferragamo completed moving all of their merchandise down to what was the original Hermes Boutique so that the current boutique can be renovated and expanded into the space formerly held by Godiva. Godiva has already moved into their new location which was the former Miss Sixty/Energie space.

Over at Phipps Plaza the Bottega Veneta Boutique is on schedule for a possible summer or fall opening, and L.K. Bennett London's second only boutique is under construction next door to the Vince Boutique in what used to be part of the Niketown space. It has been said that L.K. Bennett is one of Princess Kate's favorite boutiques to shop in. Oh, I just feel like yelling, "The British are coming, the British are coming lol!!":lol:

Great! It truly did feel like a closet! Free People definitely has some very nice pieces-my sister can't really go by their stuff in the Belk in Asheville without her having to fall in love with a few things hahaha. So Salvatore Ferragamo is expanding into Godiva and Mark Shale, correct? Then Prada and Microsoft are taking the rest?

Edited by ct36

That is precise, steller, and accurate intel ct!!!:silly: Yes Ferragamo will take part of the former Godiva and Mark Shale space, and Prada will take the remaining Godiva space and plow into Mark Shale. And finally Microsoft will take what is left of the quickly disappearing Mark Shale.

I just happened to talk with Patti, who works at the mini Prada Boutique in Saks Fifth Avenue inquiring about a signature black nylon tote for my mom for Mother's Day, and she said since Godiva is now out of the way, construction should start soon on the new Prada Boutique, and lucky her, she will be assigned to the new boutique. But just like FENDI, the Prada Boutique in Saks will remain operational.

Also the space location for the new Free People Boutique has been confirmed and it will in fact locate in the shuttered PH8 space.

Oh ct, I almost forgot, don't feel like Microsoft is in a bad place, although I humbly agree The Shops Around Lenox would have been my choice, but anyway the Emporio Armani at South Coast Plaza closed and was consolidated with the Giorgio Armani Boutique and E.A. was replaced with Microsoft. Wow, I hope this doesn't become contagious lol!!!:shok:

That is precise, steller, and accurate intel ct!!!:silly: Yes Ferragamo will take part of the former Godiva and Mark Shale space, and Prada will take the remaining Godiva space and plow into Mark Shale. And finally Microsoft will take what is left of the quickly disappearing Mark Shale.

I just happened to talk with Patti, who works at the mini Prada Boutique in Saks Fifth Avenue inquiring about a signature black nylon tote for my mom for Mother's Day, and she said since Godiva is now out of the way, construction should start soon on the new Prada Boutique, and lucky her, she will be assigned to the new boutique. But just like FENDI, the Prada Boutique in Saks will remain operational.

Also the space location for the new Free People Boutique has been confirmed and it will in fact locate in the shuttered PH8 space.

Oh ct, I almost forgot, don't feel like Microsoft is in a bad place, although I humbly agree The Shops Around Lenox would have been my choice, but anyway the Emporio Armani at South Coast Plaza closed and was consolidated with the Giorgio Armani Boutique and E.A. was replaced with Microsoft. Wow, I hope this doesn't become contagious lol!!!:shok:

Great!

But all I can say about Microsoft is this: Wow that's so great! I mean it's like the most exclusive store ever! You can only get it in like, a few cities! haha :)

Great!

But all I can say about Microsoft is this: Wow that's so great! I mean it's like the most exclusive store ever! You can only get it in like, a few cities! haha :)

Hahaha ct!!!:rofl: You are so right my friend. Don't you know that only a very few wealthy people can afford all of those Microsoft products!:lol: Maybe I should apply for that Assistant Marketing Director job with Simon Properties, and get Lenox Square and Phipps Plaza back on the right path.

"I HAVE ISSUES". 1. Why did Lenox build that uneven Plaza Court onto the back of the mall. If it had been done right, the second level could have been expanded all the way to the back of the mall. 2. Plaza Court doesn't match the rest of the mall architecturally. 3. Phipps Plaza is putting Legoland on level three and doing away with the shops and food court??:angry: Maybe they should relocate Six Flags Over Georgia and build roller coasters going in and out of the mall. 4. Oh I know, let's get Simon to put a Microsoft II in Phipps Plaza, to make sure it gets as much exposure as possible. 5. And in Court of the South between Saks and Nordstrom, put in a carousel for all the little kiddies, and play areas too. 6. If things don't improve with Simon Management's stupid business decisions, I will have no choice except to move to Bal Harbour, Florida!! :P

Hahaha ct!!!:rofl: You are so right my friend. Don't you know that only a very few wealthy people can afford all of those Microsoft products!:lol: Maybe I should apply for that Assistant Marketing Director job with Simon Properties, and get Lenox Square and Phipps Plaza back on the right path.

"I HAVE ISSUES". 1. Why did Lenox build that uneven Plaza Court onto the back of the mall. If it had been done right, the second level could have been expanded all the way to the back of the mall. 2. Plaza Court doesn't match the rest of the mall architecturally. 3. Phipps Plaza is putting Legoland on level three and doing away with the shops and food court??:angry: Maybe they should relocate Six Flags Over Georgia and build roller coasters going in and out of the mall. 4. Oh I know, let's get Simon to put a Microsoft II in Phipps Plaza, to make sure it gets as much exposure as possible. 5. And in Court of the South between Saks and Nordstrom, put in a carousel for all the little kiddies, and play areas too. 6. If things don't improve with Simon Management's stupid business decisions, I will have no choice except to move to Bal Harbour, Florida!! :P

Yeah I know! Because ALL of the people who work at Phipps just LOVE to eat LEGOs! haha :)

Ehh. The Plaza and Market levels usually make me want to vomit. I mean you have the nice, classy Neiman Marcus wing and so close is just utter ugliness. I have noticed that the mall looks different when you get to different parts, though. When you're in the center court on level two, the small court area and the areas up until Abercrombie & Fitch and Brooks Brothers on the other side have nicer tile and no skylights. Then, once you get past there they have somewhat ugly, old tile and skylights on both corresponding sides. I don't know it's just sort of odd that this mall has like 20 different types of tile haha, and it looks so different from others in different areas. I just think malls like SouthPark look nicer where they renovate the entire mall to match the new expansion. What I thought was that they should just maybe even get rid of the market level completely and move the food court to the plaza level and add a section to mall level 2 to the plaza part of the mall. It sounds expensive, but I still have no idea why Simon has to be so stingy on one of their flagship properties.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Lenox Square/Phipps Plaza as they stand right now. So Phipps first:

L.K. Bennett London- now open

Bottega Veneta- almost complete

Legoland- construction of start in July 2011

Lenox Square:

Adidas Sport- under construction

Free People- under construction

Gregory's- under construction

Henri Bendel- under construction

Original Penguin- under construction

Prada- under construction

Temptations- under construction

XXI Forever- under construction

Microsoft- now open

It seems strange that we can get Prada and Fendi which have around 12 boutiques each in the U.S., but we can not get Chanel, Dior, Dolce&Gabbana, Thomas Pink, or Emporio Armani. I wonder why?:mellow:

Lenox Square:

Microsoft- now open

It seems strange that we can get Prada and Fendi which have around 12 boutiques each in the U.S., but we can not get Chanel, Dior, Dolce&Gabbana, Thomas Pink, or Emporio Armani. I wonder why?:mellow:

Yes well actually Oliver McMillan supposedly has a good relationship with LVMH, and Louis Vuitton, Sephora, Fendi, and Bulgari having locations in Lenox Square, I would expect Marc Jacobs, Thomas Pink, and maybe some other LVMH brand to open at either Lenox or Buckhead Atlanta. Since McMillan wants around 300,000 square feet of space, then I think Chanel, Dior , Dolce, and Emporio Armani will all open in either Lenox or Buckhead Atlanta. I don't think Phipps is going to get much more of anything since all desirable spaces seem to be taken, and unless anything closes it's pretty full. Lenox, on the other hand, does have some desirable spaces left, and it seems to have more store closures as well (except for the solid stores like Ralph Lauren, Apple, Louis Vuitton, Pottery Barn, Victoria's Secret, Abercrombie & Fitch, etc. )

Lenox Square:

Microsoft- now open

Maybe there going to go The streets of Buckhead, Who knows.

Lenox Square:

It seems strange that we can get Prada and Fendi which have around 12 boutiques each in the U.S., but we can not get Chanel, Dior, Dolce&Gabbana, Thomas Pink, or Emporio Armani. I wonder why?

Locations? And what about Lacoste. I saw the Fendi boutique up close of the first time yesterday. It was really nice. Also, I saw the walls up for Prada and Ferragamo. Did Tous close? It looks like it. With Tous gone, if they relocated the family restroom then A&F could expand and add rooms onto their store.

Hi ct36!:) :

Yes, Tous is gone, but with Cartier and David Yurman and others, I guess Tous might have been better off to have chosen Perimeter Mall.

As far as the Locoste Boutique, I mentioned earlier that it will be in the former shuttered Sony Style space, and will be at least six times larger than what they started out with. Like I also mentioned, I can't understand why they were in such a small space to begin with, and on top of that, thier Perimeter Mall boutique was much larger.

Maybe this will be the Locoste Southeastern U.S. Flagship Boutique?

And ct, glad you enjoyed Lenox on one of your adventures. Maybe I should wear a cardboard sign the next time I'm at Lenox that says: LOOKING FOR CT36!!:D

Hi ct36!:) :

Yes, Tous is gone, but with Cartier and David Yurman and others, I guess Tous might have been better off to have chosen Perimeter Mall.

As far as the Locoste Boutique, I mentioned earlier that it will be in the former shuttered Sony Style space, and will be at least six times larger than what they started out with. Like I also mentioned, I can't understand why they were in such a small space to begin with, and on top of that, thier Perimeter Mall boutique was much larger.

Maybe this will be the Locoste Southeastern U.S. Flagship Boutique?

And ct, glad you enjoyed Lenox on one of your adventures. Maybe I should wear a cardboard sign the next time I'm at Lenox that says: LOOKING FOR CT36!!:D

When are they going to start construction on it though? I saw that the one a Perimeter was larger when I went there in March, but I wasn't really impressed with that mall. That would make sense for it to be a flagship. I'm just surprised that Prada picked Atlanta over Houston or Dallas for a new boutique. Definitely glad someone picked Atlanta first!

Yeah my dad wanted to go back to Macon and I went back through Atlanta! I got to go to Lenox, Belk (Phipps) and The Cheesecake Factory on Tuesday and had a great day!

You should do that! haha I should be coming back maybe in late July.

When are they going to start construction on it though? I saw that the one a Perimeter was larger when I went there in March, but I wasn't really impressed with that mall. That would make sense for it to be a flagship. I'm just surprised that Prada picked Atlanta over Houston or Dallas for a new boutique. Definitely glad someone picked Atlanta first!

Yeah my dad wanted to go back to Macon and I went back through Atlanta! I got to go to Lenox, Belk (Phipps) and The Cheesecake Factory on Tuesday and had a great day!

You should do that! haha I should be coming back maybe in late July.

Houston is getting a Prada store also. Theres was annocecd after The lenox location

No sweet, Houston and its famous Galleria have been slightly ahead of us for quite some time. But watch out :shok: here comes Buckhead Atlanta, and it will blow all of the competition away!!:tough:

Yeah Houston/The Galleria seems to definitely be growing with luxury boutiques at a very slow rate now, but Atlanta is growing with them at light speed! Lenox has come a long way. I mean not long ago there was no Prada, Bulgari, Ralph Lauren, David Yurman, Louis Vuitton was around 10 times smaller, Herve Leger, Fendi, etc. 10 years ago Lenox was a completely different mall. Even 5 years ago it was. Phipps is changing as well, unfortunately, not for the better (Legoland).

But Loro Piana wanted a location in Atlanta :)

In Dallas but not in Houston yet!

But also it seems like there are tons of closures at Lenox, and something fills the space up so quick. This pretty much applies for everything, except for the monster Calvin Klein space. I just don't understand how the (around) 18,000 square foot Mark Shale store gets filled quick. It probably could have been quicker, but I guess LV needed the whole store first to relocate while the other expands/renovates, and they do need to get everything set in stone before they start construction.

Edited by ct36

The Galleria is not only getting Prada, but also Prada's bridge line Mui Mui, plus an Omega watch boutique and Free People.

It seems if Houston gets it first, then we eventually get one, and if Atlanta get a high profile boutique, then Houston eventually gets the same.

If I read correctly, Mui Mui will be taking the Emporio Armani space as it will be combined into the Giorgio Armani Boutique.

Same thing happened at South Coast Plaza, Emporio Armani was combined with the Giorgio Armani Boutique and Microsoft took the E.A. space. So now the boutiques are just called Armani. I know Bal Harbour has both, so I wonder if the same will be done there. Atlanta has the signature Giorgio Armani, but I do not know if there is space to add in the Emporio Armani line.

The Galleria is not only getting Prada, but also Prada's bridge line Mui Mui, plus an Omega watch boutique and Free People.

It seems if Houston gets it first, then we eventually get one, and if Atlanta get a high profile boutique, then Houston eventually gets the same.

If I read correctly, Mui Mui will be taking the Emporio Armani space as it will be combined into the Giorgio Armani Boutique.

Same thing happened at South Coast Plaza, Emporio Armani was combined with the Giorgio Armani Boutique and Microsoft took the E.A. space. So now the boutiques are just called Armani. I know Bal Harbour has both, so I wonder if the same will be done there. Atlanta has the signature Giorgio Armani, but I do not know if there is space to add in the Emporio Armani line.

Well Atlanta is getting a Free People, but I would love to see an Atlanta exclusive boutique that waits at least 2-5 years before it comes to Houston.

Just checked out Lenox today and I must say that I'm highly surprised to have seen the FENDI store and even more surprised to see the upcoming Prada space (which appears to be big- at first glance). I haven't been to Lenox in ages. There are so many jewelry stores, like posted already: Bulgari, David Yurman, Cartier, Tourneau, Mont Blanc, etc. and they'll be getting a Van Cleef & Arpels later this year SMH. The truth of the matter is that most of these high end stores are not receiving the revenue to keep them afloat so many of them either become hockey pucks between Phipps and Lenox or leave altogether like Hermes (Which was there when I last went to Lenox - centuries ago).

Just checked out Lenox today and I must say that I'm highly surprised to have seen the FENDI store and even more surprised to see the upcoming Prada space (which appears to be big- at first glance). I haven't been to Lenox in ages. There are so many jewelry stores, like posted already: Bulgari, David Yurman, Cartier, Tourneau, Mont Blanc, etc. and they'll be getting a Van Cleef & Arpels later this year SMH. The truth of the matter is that most of these high end stores are not receiving the revenue to keep them afloat so many of them either become hockey pucks between Phipps and Lenox or leave altogether like Hermes (Which was there when I last went to Lenox - centuries ago).

Hmm...I'm really not sure if I believe that. There are always tons of people in the Neiman Marcus wing of the mall, and I don't think they would open if other stores were failing. Also, Hermes is relocating to Buckhead Atlanta, not closing their Atlanta store completely.