Lenox Square/Phipps Plaza

Temeteron

i was in Nashville last Weekend at the Omega Watches Boutique, and the Manager told me they are opening a location at Phipps Plaza sometime between this fall and early spring! Glad to see Phipps get another high end tenant after the Lego disappointment.

• 2 months later...

First of all, that post was never supposed to be posted. Next, I still think Lenox is a great mall, and it blows SouthPark out of the water just with the stores they have. But, most of the people I have talked to about it believe that it is dated somewhat (I do) and ghetto (I don't.) Either way, people will remember the stores it had when they went there, and probably not so much over how it looks.

Does anyone know if the new Lacoste is open yet?

No, I personally do not know or really care. You can get Lacoste apparel at most of the upscale to luxury specialty retail department stores. And of course Perimeter Mall has a huge Lacoste Boutique.

But why bother in coming all the way to Atlanta when you can shop at the Lacoste store in that luxury mall in Charlotte, I believe the name is SouthPark or something.

No, I personally do not know or really care. You can get Lacoste apparel at most of the upscale to luxury specialty retail department stores. And of course Perimeter Mall has a huge Lacoste Boutique.

But why bother in coming all the way to Atlanta when you can shop at the Lacoste store in that luxury mall in Charlotte, I believe the name is SouthPark or something.

To be honest for someone who thinks Lenox was so outdated, they sure do keep coming back..... and first they had a obsession with abercrombie not the obsession has turned to lacoste.

Anyway I wonder what will replace crate and barrel once it moves..I wish we got Top shop in its place

I will have to look that one up D&G, because I am not familiar with it.

It seems Lenox Square needs more on-site restaurants, but as you know Simon is so secretive about ANYTHING that they are planning or do.

I am not sure about retail space, but what do you think about a 2 level H&M? Simon has some precious square footage facing Peachtree, so you would think it would be something big, and/or creative.

Oh, and once again, no word on Locoste, but you can always shop at another French luxury chothier that Lenox Square has and that would be Faconnable (pronounced FAY-SON- A- BLAY)

<p>

</p>

<p>To be honest for someone who thinks Lenox was so outdated, they sure do keep coming back..... and first they had a obsession with abercrombie not the obsession has turned to lacoste.</p>

<p> </p>

<p> </p>

<p>Anyway I wonder what will replace crate and barrel once it moves..I wish we got Top shop in its place</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>I never said it was &quot;so outdated&quot;. I only said that there were a few parts of it that were dated (the back around Bloomingdale's, The Plaza section, food court). Just because I inquire about a store automatically means I'm obsessed with it, right? I've only been to Lenox around 5 or 6 times, or about once a year. At least I can spell and know how to use grammar correctly. It's laughable that you guys act like you're not obsessed with Lenox at all and don't really care. If you actually weren't obsessed, you couldn't really care about the flaws that I see with Lenox. I tried being nice, but if you guys are going to continue to be this way then I have no desire to continue any further conversations. </p>

<script>(function(){if(window.pss_jstiming){window.pss_jstiming.beaconImageReferences_={};window.pss_jstiming.reportCounter_=1;var getTick=function(c,a,e){var b=c.t[a],g=c.t.start;if(b&&(g{sodEmoji.|}{sodEmoji.|}e))return b=c.t[a][0],g=e!=void 0?e:g[0],b-g},getReportUri=function(c,a,e){var b="";window.pss_jstiming.pt&&(b+="&srt="+window.pss_jstiming.pt,delete window.pss_jstiming.pt);try{window.external&&window.external.tran?b+="&tran="+window.external.tran:window.gtbExternal&&window.gtbExternal.tran?b+="&tran="+window.gtbExternal.tran():

window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(b+="&tran="+window.chrome.csi().tran)}catch(g){}var d=window.chrome;if(d&&(d=d.loadTimes))d().wasFetchedViaSpdy&&(b+="&p=s"),d().wasNpnNegotiated&&(b+="&npn=1"),d().wasAlternateProtocolAvailable&&(b+="&apa=1");c.dapperCookie_&&(b+="&"+c.dapperCookie_);window.parent!=window&&(b+="&wif=1");var f=c.t,l=f.start,d=[],i=[],h;for(h in f)if(h!="start"&&h.indexOf("_")!=0){var j=f[h][1];j?f[j]&&i.push(h+"."+getTick(c,h,f[j][0])):l&&d.push(h+"."+getTick(c,h))}delete f.start;

if(a)for(var k in a)b+="&"+k+"="+a[k];(a=e){sodEmoji.|}{sodEmoji.|}(a="https:"==document.location.protocol?"https://csi.gstatic.com/csi":"http://csi.gstatic.com/csi");return c=[a,"?v=3","&s="+(window.pss_jstiming.sn{sodEmoji.|}{sodEmoji.|}"_s")+"&action=",c.name,i.length?"&it="+i.join(","):"","",b,"&rt=",d.join(",")].join("")},sendReport_=function(c,a,e){c=getReportUri(c,a,e);if(!c)return"";var a=new Image,b=window.pss_jstiming.reportCounter_++;window.pss_jstiming.beaconImageReferences_=a;a.onload=a.onerror=function(){delete window.pss_jstiming.beaconImageReferences_};

a.src=c;a=null;return c};window.pss_jstiming.report=function(c,a,e){if(document.webkitVisibilityState=="prerender"){var b="webkitvisibilitychange",g=!1,d=function(){if(!g){a?a.prerender="1":a={prerender:"1"};var f;document.webkitVisibilityState=="prerender"?f=!1:(sendReport_(c,a,e),f=!0);f&&(g=!0,document.removeEventListener(b,d,!1))}};document.addEventListener(b,d,!1);return""}return sendReport_(c,a,e)}};})();

(function() { var f = function() { var t = window.pss_jstiming; if (t) { t.load.tick('ol'); t.report(t.load, {}, 'http://www-accel-pss.googleusercontent.com/gadgets/csi'); } }; if (window.attachEvent) { window.attachEvent('onload', f); } else if (window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', f, false); }}) ();</script>

I never said it was "so outdated". I only said that there were a few parts of it that were dated (the back around Bloomingdale's, The Plaza section, food court). Just because I inquire about a store automatically means I'm obsessed with it, right? I've only been to Lenox around 5 or 6 times, or about once a year. At least I can spell and know how to use grammar correctly. It's laughable that you guys act like you're not obsessed with Lenox at all and don't really care. If you actually weren't obsessed, you couldn't really care about the flaws that I see with Lenox. I tried being nice, but if you guys are going to continue to be this way then I have no desire to continue any further conversations.

I never said it was "so outdated". I only said that there were a few parts of it that were dated (the back around Bloomingdale's, The Plaza section, food court). Just because I inquire about a store automatically means I'm obsessed with it, right? I've only been to Lenox around 5 or 6 times, or about once a year. At least I can spell and know how to use grammar correctly. It's laughable that you guys act like you're not obsessed with Lenox at all and don't really care. If you actually weren't obsessed, you couldn't really care about the flaws that I see with Lenox. I tried being nice, but if you guys are going to continue to be this way then I have no desire to continue any further conversations.

• 2 weeks later...

Why? I am sure the mall in Asheville has a Lacoste, and in your opinion the most luxurious and upscale mall in the Southeastern United States, being SouthPark, has one. Here is a history lesson:

The mall was renovated by Corporate Property Investors before it was bought by Simon. That style of architecture was very popular in the mid 1990's, so that is the product the architects delivered.

1. Lenox/Phipps pumps over 1 billion dollars into the economy each year

2. Almost 60% of the 35 million visitors that visit Lenox/Phipps each year are tourist

3. You talked about shoppers at SouthPark being "wealthier." Buckhead has the 9th wealthiest zip code in the nation, and is one of the fastest growing cities in wealth.

4. Buckhead has more boutiques, whether in enclosed malls, shopping centers, or stand alone locations than any other city in the country.

5. I have looked at the Lenox Square blueprints and there is a Footlocker also located in the Plaza Court section of the mall as well as where Sony Style was located. It might be a typo, and it might not be. They eventually were willing to pay for the square footage to be on the main mall level. Lacoste backed out because they did not want to pay the high rent, and it is not one of the top performing clothing stores at Lenox Square. But between the Lenox/Phipps campus there is something for everyone, and not to mention the 4 star and 5 star accommodations for the out of town visitors coming in to shop at Lenox Square and Phipps Plaza.

Now ct36, it is very childish to make fun of someone who does not spell correctly or use grammar correctly. And I know you are openly criticizing Dolce&Gabbana. You do not know what might be wrong, and I personaly think it is cruel for you to say something like that. D&G has worked for many high profile boutiques in Lenox Square as well as Phipps Plaza and he has vast amounts of retail knowledge, so do not insult or make fun of him anymore, or better just stay in your precious North Carolina forums and stop comparring a medium sized major city with Atlanta, which is a Beta II World City with a MSA of 5.5 million and a CSA of over 6 million.

Edited by Kenneth Disraili-Jean
  • Like 2

Sounds good to me as long as that member understands that there is no room for childish or even worse racist remarks towards someone that he does not even know. Ok enough of that:

Lenox Square breakdown:

Cloud 9 Cupcakes is now open

21 Forever is now open ( They listed it as Forever 21, but it is a 21 Forever

Betsey Johnson is closing thier boutique up on level 2 near the main entrance and building a new boutique at Phipps Plaza in the space that was intended for Pampolina, but forever reason did not materialize. The new boutique will be on level 2 next to Lucky Brand Jeans.

Henri Bendel New York is now open

Origional Penguin is now open

Temptations is now open

Salvatore Ferragamo's remodel is complete and the boutique is now open

Louis Vuitton's Global expansion is now open. Thier Ready-To-Wear Line can only be found in New York, Atlanta, and Bal Harbour on the East Coast

Microsoft is now open

Gregory's under construction

Paradise Pen Company is now open

See's Candies under construction

Hickory Farms under construction

Prada construction almost complete

Free People now open

Crate&Barrel in the process of moving next door to the Shops Around Lenox. That leaves two vacant levels facing Peachtree.

Phipps Plaza:

Bottega Veneta now open

Pixie's Fashions now open ( temporary filler store)

Betsey Johnson under construction

Arhus Furniture Showroom now open on two levels

L.K. Bennett London now open

Edited by Kenneth Disraili-Jean
  • Like 1

I don't recall ever making any racists remarks towards anyone.

I'm assuming Hickory Farms and See's are just the seasonal kiosks (sadly.....especially with Sees). I would also assume that Foot Locker will be closing their other store, since Simon sometimes even adds temporary relocations for store renovations on their lease plans. I hope that the new store (in the former Crate & Barrel) is not H&M. I don't really have anything against H&M, but Lenox should have something new that's not already in Atlanta. The space has several advantages and disadvantages. It would have signage facing Peachtree Road, but the upper level where it is located gets very little foot traffic. I assume that the lower level does, however. It is definitely a very good accomplishment to get the Ready to Wear in Louis Vuitton, because I can only think of four other stores (other than the ones you listed) that have it in the entire country.

I know this is off-topic, but since it is only one announcement so far, I thought I would place it here. Oliver McMillan has signed the first tenant for Buckhead-Atlanta, which will be, as expected Hermes. It will occupy 2 levels and word has it that it could be as large as 20,000 sq. feet and will be a Global Boutique. I know it will be global but I am not sure about the 20,000 sq. feet. I will have to research that some more.

Buckhead-Atlanta will be more street/retail oriented with a mix of luxury fashion and upscale fashion. Upscale could mean something like J.Crew or something like Custo Barcelona. I am eager to see what other retailers will jump on board this changed development which Oliver McMillian says is more street oriented with a grid pattern to support it. It will be part of the community rather than another destination attraction. It will be woven into the city as part of the Buckhead District according to McMillian.

Phipps Plaza to get new restaurant where The Grape was located:

Construction begins on former Ecco chef Micah Willix new Phipps Plaza restaurant

by caleb j. spivak on October 17, 2011 in restaurants

Latitude to replace The Grape in Buckhead. Chef Micah Willix, former executive chef at Ecco, will open his own restaurant, Latitude, at Phipps Plaza, Jenny Turknett with The Atlanta Journal Constitution first reported. Today, What Now Atlanta learned construction began this morning on the restaurant’s build-out. Willix hopes to have the restaurant open by Black [...]

This sounds like something that would be more appeasing to the shoppers and tourist that visit Phipps Plaza. The menu looks good and no doubt there is plenty of wine to pare everything from an appetizer to dessert. Plus having a first class chef running the operation is a big plus too. I think this restaurant will do very well.

• Like 1

Latitude sounds up my alley. I am starving for my first taste of Atlanta come Spring 2012 and a day trip to Greenville's renown Main Street. I don't think my airport experience long ago at Atlanta counts since all I remember is arriving there after eagerly volunteering to be re-routed to Atlanta via Eastern Airlines from Charlotte to get to San Francisco earlier. I was tired of the long waiting. Eastern, I believe, went out in business in 1990 or 91...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, these are bad times for Phipps. Even before Legoland open up, they have lost Theory. Also, Tiffany's and Juicy Couture want to move, probably Tiffany's to Buckhead Atlanta and Juicy to Lenox. Versace, Barney's, Vince, and Valentino are all not doing well either and may close. Also, newly opened Bottega Veneta is already struggling. Michael Kors is opening a new store at Phipps, not a relocation. Will be more runway couture inspired, etc.

I am really scared though because it seems like half of the luxury stores are closing. Nordstrom and Saks aren't going to be too happy....

• 2 weeks later...

Well, these are bad times for Phipps. Even before Legoland open up, they have lost Theory. Also, Tiffany's and Juicy Couture want to move, probably Tiffany's to Buckhead Atlanta and Juicy to Lenox. Versace, Barney's, Vince, and Valentino are all not doing well either and may close. Also, newly opened Bottega Veneta is already struggling. Michael Kors is opening a new store at Phipps, not a relocation. Will be more runway couture inspired, etc.

I am really scared though because it seems like half of the luxury stores are closing. Nordstrom and Saks aren't going to be too happy....

Who said they are closing. Sounds like here say to me :dontknow:With all do respect, The blogger that wrote those things about those stores has no way of knowing how much business Vince, Valentino, and Versace do. Those are not the types of stores that you can assess their performance visually. Too many people that can afford those stores call and place orders or have a personal shopper periodically place an order for them.

Edited by DOLCE&GABBANA