Mayor O'Connor on ESPN's Cold Pizza

PghUSA

Just thought you'd all like to know it was on ESPN's global feed (or whatever they call it), he let everyone know about the universities and hospitals here, that the "young people" in Pittsburgh with the universities are celebrating the win in true Pittsburgh fashion having fun but doing it with pride and without any distrubances. He also said he was betting Seattle's mayor Iron City, Heinz ketchup and mustard, and other Pittsburgh products.

If anyone else saw it fill in my memory!

Think about all the TV and radio this area is going to get free of charge and very positive over the next 14 days!

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope we get more positive press. There has been a lot of negative press recently. Hopefully, we can show that this is not just a redneck, football obsessed city. I support our team, but yes I am not a football fan.

Maybe we can get some nice shots of our skyline on a clear day!

Merc, the skyline shots always amaze me when I watch them with someone not knowlegable about Pittsburgh, they can't believe how beautiful it is . . . greatest thing about this is that companies are paying millions to get in on this game all the while ESPN, ABC and the deuce are all giving Pittsburgh and that other city (:P) hours of free press!

SunD, aw c'mon not a fan of Arhn City? maybe Rolling Rock? :)

SunD, aw c'mon not a fan of Arhn City? maybe Rolling Rock? :)

Not a fan of either. Again, I live in the beer capital of this country. The stretch from SF to Sea is the microbrewery capital of the country and the Yakima Valley is the continent's if not world's finest hop growing region. It amazes me that a mayor of Seattle is betting for beer when there are plenty of great local breweries that put those two to shame. He should of bet for steel, we certainly need more of that with this highrise boom going on around here.

Archived