Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rizzo

Renderings

Great renderings!

I'd love to see a building in downtown Grand Rapids drawing inspiration from the historic McKay Tower, but adding an appropriate cap. The McKay just looks so unfished, especially for being the tallest office building (and historic tallest high-rise, I think) in Grand Rapids.

Ted, Blender is the program. Thanks a bunch fellas.

Blender...interesting. Very good looking.

Also, Andy I've been meaning to say how much I love your avatar. Oh, how I miss Joel, Tom and Crow...

What about Bridgewater Place? You know, the VARNUM building :P

Bridgewater Place has been the tallest office building in GR since its completion in 1993, lets hope that distinction changes soon

I think you should make another rendering just like those but make the Lyon & Ottawa much more noticeably taller than the other buildings and add some more buildings along the river ( by the S curve) and in some of the parking lot by the arena.... if you would....

I added proposed concepts or talked about pojects, I think I can create some visionary buildings to put in there also.

Oops. Yes, Bridgewater is the tallest office building. I totally forgot about it, maybe because it's on the other side of the river.

"Big building on the prairie" is what I call it. Never felt so isolated 'til I came here. Used to own the streets of downtown; could find a $4 lunch anywhere. Now I practically need to pack a full sausage and biscuit pail every day like Ma and Pa Ingalls did for Laura and Mary. Sad. [No offense to l'il bite, of course.] Nice renderings. It's all good.

"Big building on the prairie" is what I call it. Never felt so isolated 'til I came here. Used to own the streets of downtown; could find a $4 lunch anywhere. Now I practically need to pack a full sausage and biscuit pail every day like Ma and Pa Ingalls did for Laura and Mary. Sad. [No offense to l'il bite, of course.] Nice renderings. It's all good.

Hopefully the growing restaurant/bar/entertainment district on Bridge St will help fulfill that roll. Now if only they could put up something where CiniMini and DADDS currently is located.

Hopefully the growing restaurant/bar/entertainment district on Bridge St will help fulfill that roll. Now if only they could put up something where CiniMini and DADDS currently is located.

My gg-grandfathers carriage shop used to be where the CiniMini is on Bridge. Not sure when they tore it down but I did find a picture of it at the library that must have dated from 1890's or so.

Given current choices, I think I'd rather have the carriage shop back.

I tried to develop Cini Mini and Dadds Magic Bus. A gentleman by the name of Walt Gutkowski has option on Cini Mini and the former Polish? historical museum that was behind it. Some people do not want development, and that's a fact.

PS. This is my first post by the way. I find the dialogue intriguing.