"Presidio on Grandville"

GRDadof3

I find it odd that they DIDN'T include the property in the River Grand Project. It seems like a lot of property sitting right next to one of the "holdouts" (Custer).

Joe

This is the old truck depot across from the ITP Station, so yes in that vicinity.

• 3 months later...

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

I find it odd that they DIDN'T include the property in the River Grand Project. It seems like a lot of property sitting right next to one of the "holdouts" (Custer).

Joe

- Custer was not a 'holdout' and should be credited for being willing to consider moving if someone could present a suitable alternative to him, a difficult task considering he had the ideal facility for his business.

- Moch is not buying the property on Grandville

- RiverGRand is a joke. A really over-hyped, under funded, JOKE.

- Custer was not a 'holdout' and should be credited for being willing to consider moving if someone could present a suitable alternative to him, a difficult task considering he had the ideal facility for his business.

- Moch is not buying the property on Grandville

How do we move past this GRAND project but still keep our fingers on developing this part of town properly?

I still think the City should sell the riverfront property. I still think the property across from the Central Station could be valuable. I think properties such as Custer and the Intersection can stay right where they are and be integrated into the future of this area.

How do we move our discussion past the over-hype and back to reality for this area?

I guess we need a developer with money and a vision of reality that fits together.

Why? If I'm not mistaken aren't they still apart of this process? Albeit, I can't argue its over-hyped, but that's a marketing coup on their part. If you mentioned there were 3 proposals for the land, you're average non-UPer would think there's only one. I can't imagine a developer passing on all of that free publicity and focus on their project alone.

Well, I have my own view points on River Grand but I've said what I had to say on the Riverfront thread elsewhere on UP. Anyway as for these proposed apartments. The architecture reminds me of a retirement home somwhere in the suburbs. It's okey. But I can think of alot of other buildings that look like this project. In short the architectual style, this proposal falls under, has been done to death many times over.

The Grand Terminal bus station to which these apartments will be built nearby is akin to a building's main entrance. What do architects do to main entrances? They embelish them to set a good first impression and welcome visitors in. Becuase the apartments are going to be nearby the Grand Terminal, they are going to be seen not only by those living there. They are going to be seen by the countless people entering and leaving the Grand Terminal. Also since the S-Curve is nearby, we can't forget the drivers that would catch a glimps of these apartments as well. We don't need a Sydney Opera House on that spot or anything like that. But anything that is to be built near the bus terminal should be of an architectual quality much higher than what this proposal offers to set a good first impression for those coming to Downtown via the Grand Terminal.

Unless Moch loses his temper and throw a baby fit like he did when the city rejected his 20 story tower that was to go in at where Icon on Bond is being built now, then I see no reason why he cannot build the "Presidio on Grandville"

...Hmmmm.... Presidio on Grandville. I can't help but say that the name does not roll off of the tungue very well. :wacko:

Archived