Glenwood Park

Andrea

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gee, I was over there today and this area is really looking nice. It doesn't have the retail that Atlantic Station does, but I must say that (to me at least) it has a more genuinely urban feel to it. The buildings, especially the residential ones, seem more substantial, too.

Glenwood Park

What kind of retail does Glenwood have? Those single family homes look really great! I wish A-S had had more of those built instead of the few they currenty have.

What kind of retail does Glenwood have? Those single family homes look really great! I wish A-S had had more of those built instead of the few they currenty have.

There are only a handful of retailers in place now, but there's quite a bit of space available. I don't know how much they've leased up. Of course it's only about half a mile to East Atlanta village, too.

I know it's subjective but to me what they're doing at Glenwood feels more integral and less "manufactured." It's really a classy project.

There are only a handful of retailers in place now, but there's quite a bit of space available. I don't know how much they've leased up. Of course it's only about half a mile to East Atlanta village, too.

I know it's subjective but to me what they're doing at Glenwood feels more integral and less "manufactured." It's really a classy project.

Which is why there is a lot of excitement about this Hapeville proposal. The same firm that designed Glenwood Park is working on this project.

$300M-$500M project could spark Hapeville - ABC

Developer Neal Golden and a team of investors have assembled more than 35 acres of single-family homes in Hapeville, near Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport. They plan to raze the houses and create a $300 million to $500 million mixed-use project which will include around 1,000 condos, townhomes and single family homes.

Glenwood Park is home to 'Perk', a sister coffee shop of Joe's in East Atlanta. There are two other businesses - that were supposed to be open last summer,one is a Cuban tapas / bar resturant & the other is a wine bar / book store.

The retail is intended to serve the neighborhood & not to be a destination center. But it has been slow, but hopefully will be filling up soon.

Glenwood Park is home to 'Perk', a sister coffee shop of Joe's in East Atlanta. There are two other businesses - that were supposed to be open last summer,one is a Cuban tapas / bar resturant & the other is a wine bar / book store.

The retail is intended to serve the neighborhood & not to be a destination center. But it has been slow, but hopefully will be filling up soon.

Sonds really great! I agree that this doesn't have the commerical feel of A-S and that it has more of a neighborhood feel to it but they are both nice nevertheless.

• 3 months later...

National Public Radio did an article recently on the success of the Glenwood Park and how it should be an example for other cities to follow. I take it this is a New Urbanist neighborhood in and Old Urbanist area? What is the area like around it?

It's located on a former industrial site, but the area surrounding Glenwood Park is Old Urbanist since it's considered part of Grant Park. The surrounding area has been going through gentrification for a number of years now. It has some iffy spots, but is okay in general.

Archived