Photos of Asheville

RestedTraveler

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I can't imagine that would be structurally 'sound' but I'm not an architectural engineer. I'm sure they wouldn't be able to build it if it wasn't to code, but it would certainly be an eerie feeling to live in a house built in that situation.

There are actually quite a few houses built like that on Town Mountain on Sunset, Macon, etc; they just don't stand out that much because the trees have had 50-80 years to fill in around them. Nothing unsafe at all. Steel is extremely strong, and the materials used to build homes (wood, drywall, etc) are pretty light.

In your second pic, jr7777, the structure on the left looks like the stage house of a theatre. Is it a theatre, and if so, what is its name and is it still used for theatricals or movies?

Great pictures of Asheville by you and others on this board. Thanks.

Here's some photos I got a few days ago, on the top level of the Civic Center garage.

DSCF1300.jpg

DSCF1303.jpg

DSCF1305.jpg

DSCF1304.jpg

In your second pic, jr7777, the structure on the left looks like the stage house of a theatre. Is it a theatre, and if so, what is its name and is it still used for theatricals or movies?

Great pictures of Asheville by you and others on this board. Thanks.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived