What's your time of year?

Snowguy716

I love every season for what it brings, but I'd have to say that winter edges past the others. There's nothing more exciting to me than a big snowstorm and frigid cold. I think much of this stems from my love of skiing. Of course I'm writing this as a blizzard warning just expired and a quick 2 inches of snow and 45mph winds have done their duty to our roads.

My favorite times of year (not purely weather, but it does play a part) are Christmas and the 4th of July. Both represent an opposite in society. Christmas represents family and giving and winter and snow. Independence day represents us as citizens and our civic duties and BBQs and laying out in a boat on a lake and enjoying summertime laziness. Oh, how patriotic it makes me. Ribs, potato salad, baked beans, and watermelon... and stars and stripes baby!

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tough choice. If I had to pick absolutely one, it'd be Fall. Heat from summer fading, and I think it's the anticipation of the upcoming holidays, the feeling is just different.

Summer - Heat Bad, Nice, long days Good.

Winter - If it snowed here, I'd like it more. Christmas good.

Spring - My second choice; like to take in the natural world "coming back to life".

Fall in Greenville, South Carolina is unbeatable! :wub: Crystal clear blue skies and temps in the 60 to 70 degree range midday. Of course with the Appalachain Mountains at hand, there are many opportunities to escape into a dream world of colorful adventure. Most of the region's best festivals are also held this time of year (September-October-November) and they usually show off the finest in arts, crafts, music, and food.

After Fall, I love Spring next, because Greenville becomes as GREEN as its name indicates. The flowers are in bloom all over downtown and around the countryside. Everything seems fresh and young.

Autumn is my favorite season of all! I grew up in West Virginia. If there was a pile of leaves under the maple trees in my front yard, I was usually the one jumping into the middle of them! The blue skies! The aroma of decaying leaves! The vibrant colors in the trees! Halloween! Fall Festivals! *sigh* :wub:

Archived