UPN, WB Networks to cease in the Fall

upstate29650

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if there will be exclusive rights WSPAhas to the WASV call letters start a secondary affiliate for western North Carolina.

Exactly...I could also see WYCW relocating their license assignment to Spartanburg (where their studio is) from Asheville, as WHNS has also relocated their license assignment to Greenville (again, where their studio is) from Asheville. WBSC (which I presume will also change calls for My TV) will probably reassign their license to Asheville from Anderson.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

That is correct. They used to borrow WSPA's Meteorologists for weather reports, but that has now ceased, as well as any other tangible connection between the two stations, other than what can be expected under the parent company, Media General.

WNEG-32

WSPA-7

WASV-62 -Soon WYCW-62

Also, WBSC 40 is now WMYA (My Asheville/Anderson?) 40 (soon to be the new affiliate of My Network TV)

Archived