Mary Free Bed Expands Parking

PBJ

According to WoodTV, Schnitzelbank is closing at the end of the month. Mary Free Bed apparently "needs" the land.(hopefully not for a parking lot)

Edit: Dad can you change the title, i got the wrong hospital. Should be Mary Free Bed, NOT St. Mary's

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just cant help but have the feeling that thats exactly what St. Mary's is going to do to this place. That hospital has nothing but a dismal record when it comes to that part of town. In the past 20 years it has built 1 parking ramp, but has paved acres of land all around the campus for parking lots. I have no idea why they need this land when they have two huge parking lots across Wealthy street they can build on.

Schnitzelbank should be a historical landmark. Im sorry to see the owners calling it quits

This is disappointing news if its true--tear down a great ethnic restaurant that adds diversity to the City and pave it over with a parking lot--which probably wouldn't have any landscaping or contain pervious pavement, etc. If this is true--this demonstrates thinking straight out of the renewal area of the 1960s and 1970's. Isn't this where the planners are suppossed to step in?!

This is disappointing news if its true--tear down a great ethnic restaurant that adds diversity to the City and pave it over with a parking lot--which probably wouldn't have any landscaping or contain pervious pavement, etc. If this is true--this demonstrates thinking straight out of the renewal area of the 1960s and 1970's. Isn't this where the planners are suppossed to step in?!

What a shame. Even though the Schnitzelbank was never much of a German restaurant, our family visited it regularly, as it was the closest thing we could find to food from the Heimat. The interior had sort of a faux Gemuetlich quality and the smell -- well, if you have any German blood in you at all (and I have plenty), you will recognize that mix of vinegar and potatoes and beer.

What a shame. By the way, I don't think that Mary Free Bed Hospital is related to St. Mary's.

By the way, I don't think that Mary Free Bed Hospital is related to St. Mary's.

That's why I edited my post to ask for a topic heading change, I don't think they are either.. just hasn't happend yet, I miss read the article the first time when I posted it... :whistling:

Archived