What

Tre 4

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like Perimeter and Lenox in Atlanta. SouthPark in Charlotte. I like these places because it feels liks a relatively unique experience. I liked Richland Mall in Columbia, as it is the only 'urban' mall that SC has. Its existance is in the process of changing into a mixed-use development- hence the past tense. Most malls these days feel exactly the same, regarless of what town you are in. I also like Regency in Jax. I am generally not a big fan of malls. I like to go in, see whats there, then leave. I tend to find the same stores in other malls that I have in my hometown, or places that are too over-priced for me.

My favorite mall was Greenville Mall in Greenville, SC: Williams-Sonoma, Harold's, Parisian, several upscale furniture stores, an Oshman's, etc. It was a great place to shop for upscale preppy clothes and wedding presents. I also liked Richland Mall in Columbia since it had 3 pretty good anchors: a good Dillard's, Parisian and what became Belk's.

I liked them because they were moderately upscale and pretty quiet; no crowds of teenagers, babies, etc. But thus both are now dead, sadly enough.

Of the three I've been to in the Nashville area, Green Hills Mall is by far the best. It's more upscale and is actually in Nashville, itself. Cool Springs Galleria is a typical suburban mall, but should look nice after the renovations, and Opry Mills is a giant that, unfortunately, takes up the whole area a theme park used to sit on.

Definitely the Mall at Millenia in Orlando. Bloomingdales, Neiman Marcus, Louis Vuitton, Tiffany & Co, and Chanel just to name a few. Of course, I can't afford jack Sh!t there, but it IS fun to annoy the snooty sales people. Second fav is the Orlando Fashion Square. Original Orlando mall, yet still has a Macy's!

Definitely the Mall at Millenia in Orlando. Bloomingdales, Neiman Marcus, Louis Vuitton, Tiffany & Co, and Chanel just to name a few. Of course, I can't afford jack Sh!t there, but it IS fun to annoy the snooty sales people. Second fav is the Orlando Fashion Square. Original Orlando mall, yet still has a Macy's!

Yeah I like Mall at Milenia and think it's expensive but think Florida Mall takes the title in Orlando.

Of the three I've been to in the Nashville area, Green Hills Mall is by far the best. It's more upscale and is actually in Nashville, itself. Cool Springs Galleria is a typical suburban mall, but should look nice after the renovations, and Opry Mills is a giant that, unfortunately, takes up the whole area a theme park used to sit on.

i like OpryMills in Nashville, for the fact that it IS HUGE! And their are ALOT OF STORES! Rivergate Mall is pretty nice too in Hville. Never been to Cool Springs, and Green Hills is awesome!

I look at malls mostly as pleasant places to walk. I do very little shopping anywhere.

That said, my favorite is the Riverchase Galleria in Hoover ( near Birmingham & about a 45-minute drive from Tuscaloosa). The skylight and neon really sets it apart.

Other than the Galleria's "extras" like an office tower and an upscale hotel,

Hamilton Place near Chattanooga has a rather similar feel to it. I was surprised how nice it was for a smaller city.

Dallas has some of the best malls in the country. The Shops at Willow Bend (in Plano) has some really nice architecture/design - very Frank Lloyd Wright. NorthPark Mall's renovation has made its concrete minimalist design very attractive. All the artwork in the mall is a nice feature. Both malls are upscale - Neiman's (both malls), Saks (Shops), Nordstrom (NorthPark). NorthPark mall is accesible via DART's light rail line connecting downtown Plano with downtown Dallas.

Archived