What

Tre 4

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You sure about this? I've always read that Sawgrass mills in Ft lauderdale was the largest in the SE.

At 1.7 million square feet, I would think that Sawgrass is larger. Most cities major cities have malls that are 1.7 million square feet.

EDIT: I just researched and found that Sawgrass Mills has between 2.2 million and 2.7 million square feet. It depends on how you count the continual space as the 2.2= GLA sq ft and 2.7 = GBA. 1.7 million square feet is probably around the size of your standard major mall.

You sure about this? I've always read that Sawgrass mills in Ft lauderdale was the largest in the SE.

Well, I've read that the Riverchase Galleria is the largest mixed-use facility in the southeast. But, after I looked it up, you are correct: Sawgrass: 2.5 million Square Ft. Galleria: 1.7 Million Square Ft. But the one thing that is true, is that the Riverchase Galleria has the largest skylight on earth. I did look that one up. :)

There are two towers, though, on either side of the mall. I'm not sure if they're counted in the final square footage. But, I don't think they're counted as the mall. So, adding the two towers, it would make the final square footage at about 2.5-2.6 Million Sq. Ft.

The mall that stands out the most to me is the Boca Raton Town Center (Neiman Marcus, Saks Fifth Avenue, Bloomingdale's, Nordstrom, Macy*s, Crate and Barrel, Louis Vuitton, Solstice, Burberry, Ralph Lauren, Armani Exchange, LaCoste, Apple, and Cole Haan). As for the rest of the south it would be Lenox/Phipps in Atlanta and SouthPark in Charlotte.

Houston Galleria is a lot nicer. Its also more upscale than anything in Dallas. inside the Galleria is really nice too. one of my favorite malls in the us.

Northpark is the most upscale mall in Dallas (and in Texas, for that matter) after its recent expansion, it's just smaller than the Houston Galleria. The large sculptures are pretty unique for most malls and it has many stores unique to Texas.

The Dallas Galleria is very nice by mall standards (especially if you think Lenox is impressive), it's just not as large as the one in Houston and it doesn't have the Tiffany's and Barney's of New York type stores.

I've been impressed by several malls in Florida - Shops at Bal Harbour, Aventura Mall, etc, etc - the South Florida malls are really quite nice. It's hard to make an outlet mall nice but Sawgrass Mills does a decent job of pulling that off, it's much nicer than the "mills" malls near Atlanta and Grapevine.

NorthPark is very upscale and I would agree its the most upscale in the Dallas area, but its not as upscale as Houston Galleria. NorthPark has Barneys that the Galleria doesn't have and thats about it. but the Galleria has a lot more that NorthPark doesn't have.

Bal Harbour Shops is my favorite in the south.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

MALL AT MILLENIA-ORLANDO (Bloomindales, Macy's, Neiman Marcus, Crate & Barrel, Urban Outfitters, Blue Martini, McCormick & Schmicks, Brio, Cheescake Factory, PF Changs, CPK, Tiffany, Dior, Hugo Boss, Kenneth Cole, Gucci, Louis Vuitton, etc)

FLORIDA MALL-ORLANDO (Nordstrom, Saks 5th Ave., Lord & Taylor, Dillards, Macy's, Sears, JC Penney, several of the same stores as Millenia with a mainstream mix, over 200 stores and large hotel in the middle)

DADELAND MALL-MIAMI

AVENTURA MALL-MIAMI

BOCA TOWN CENTER-BOCA RATON

THE GARDENS MALL-PALM BEACH GARDENS

INTERNATIONAL PLAZA-TAMPA

WESTSHORE PLAZA-TAMPA

LENOX SQUARE-ATLANTA

PHIPPS PLAZA-ATLANTA

ALTAMONTE MALL & UPTOWN ALTAMONTE COMPLEX-ORLANDO

RIVERCHASE GALLERIA-BIRMINGHAM

[AND THE BIG TEXAS GALLERIAS IF TEXAS IS INCLUDED IN THE SOUTH, ALSO FT. LAUDERDALE GALLERIA

MALL AT MILLENIA-ORLANDO (Bloomindales, Macy's, Neiman Marcus, Crate & Barrel, Urban Outfitters, Blue Martini, McCormick & Schmicks, Brio, Cheescake Factory, PF Changs, CPK, Tiffany, Dior, Hugo Boss, Kenneth Cole, Gucci, Louis Vuitton, etc)

FLORIDA MALL-ORLANDO (Nordstrom, Saks 5th Ave., Lord & Taylor, Dillards, Macy's, Sears, JC Penney, several of the same stores as Millenia with a mainstream mix, over 200 stores and large hotel in the middle)

DADELAND MALL-MIAMI

AVENTURA MALL-MIAMI

BOCA TOWN CENTER-BOCA RATON

THE GARDENS MALL-PALM BEACH GARDENS

INTERNATIONAL PLAZA-TAMPA

WESTSHORE PLAZA-TAMPA

LENOX SQUARE-ATLANTA

PHIPPS PLAZA-ATLANTA

ALTAMONTE MALL & UPTOWN ALTAMONTE COMPLEX-ORLANDO

RIVERCHASE GALLERIA-BIRMINGHAM

[AND THE BIG TEXAS GALLERIAS IF TEXAS IS INCLUDED IN THE SOUTH, ALSO FT. LAUDERDALE GALLERIA

Well well well.......somebody's a shopper........says the guy who has been to all the malls you've listed many times. :D

• 2 months later...

1.The Galleria Houston (mallalicious)

2. Green Hills Mall Nashville

3. The Avenues Mall Murfreesboro (Ok, so it's not finished yet, good grief!)

1. This mall is amazing, love the ice skating rink, it's size (5th largest in the country), and it's got everything you need (you better have mega cheddar in your pockets though).

2.This mall is finally receiving the upscale title it deserves, the mall has added many new tenants and is trying to get more. It's also clean and easy to access/navigate.

3.Duh, I live here. Ofcourse, I'm going to vote for it!

No Tyson's Galleria? I've never been but I heard it's the true definition of a mall. All the DC folks I know prefer Pentagon though (which is a great mall).

One of my fraternity brothers in law school in Houston told me I'd really like the Galleria out that way.

I was impressed with Birmingham's Galleria; quite nice. And it seems as though every time I'm in Atlanta, I either find my way to Lenox or Atlantic Station (love the atmosphere).

I don't really have a favorite.

If you guys are in DFW check out the Northpark Mall, which after recent expansion is the 5th largest mall in the US and well over 2 million SF. The Dallas and Houston Gallerias are the most hyped malls in Texas but this is where the elite in DFW shop, with a Neiman-Marcus, Nordstrom, Barney's of New York in addition to a lot of unusual designer's shops separate from the anchors - Sigrid Olsen, David Yurman, Porsche, Tiffany's, etc. Despite this, it still has most of your regular mall tenants like Aeropostale and Ralph Lauren, though most have special store designs for this mall.

It has your standard food court fare with a large diversity of choices and sandwich places like La Madelleine and Corner Bakerty but it also has multiple high-end restaurants like McCormick and Schmick's, La Duni Latin Cafe, Kona Grill, Luna de Noche, PF Chang's and Maggiano's.

http://www.northparkcenter.com/storedirectory_alpha.php

Part of the recent revamp added a 12-theater AMC on top of the mall.

There's also an extensive sculpture collection throughout the mall and the owners also were the benefactors the Nasher Sculpture Museum, a downtown art museum.

ad_astra_perspective.jpg

There's a mini-sculpture garden in the central courtyard of the mall.

I've been all over the South and never seen a mall that touched it, at least since the revamp. There sure are some nice ones in Florida, too many to really mention - Aventura Mall, Bal Harbour Shoppes, etc. I've been to the Houston Galleria and it should be up there. Phipps and Lenox are both nice but individually aren't on a grand scale. They were renovating Lenox when I was there last. Combined the two and you'd have a great mall.

My favorite place to shop, though, is Sawgrass Mills near Ft Lauderdale. It's one of the top 5 malls as well but it's mostly outlets and there a lot of Italian and Latin designer shops. There are some real deals in that place.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived