Titans

AceMentor

The construction of the coliseum bound the Titans to a 20 year contract that required them to stay in Cashville. I know its way to early (13 years) to be saying this but when that time is up, will we build them a new stadium or will they move on to another eager city?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As Lexy said, its way to early to be thinking about the Titans leaving. Alot of things can happen in the next 13 years. I think if attendence drops, the Coliseum becomes run-down, and corporate sponsorship goes down, the Titans will leave. A sports team is only loyal to the owners so if the Titans starts losing money in Nashville, they will move unless the Nashville govt owns the team like Green Bay does. Even then, if football becomes unpopular, metro might move the team to a more profitable location. I've heard about a suburb of Detroit getting funds from a development the city built in Florida.

• 3 months later...

As Lexy said, its way to early to be thinking about the Titans leaving. Alot of things can happen in the next 13 years. I think if attendence drops, the Coliseum becomes run-down, and corporate sponsorship goes down, the Titans will leave. A sports team is only loyal to the owners so if the Titans starts losing money in Nashville, they will move unless the Nashville govt owns the team like Green Bay does. Even then, if football becomes unpopular, metro might move the team to a more profitable location. I've heard about a suburb of Detroit getting funds from a development the city built in Florida.

This is the south and people of the south are passionate when it comes to football. I can not see Nashville ever losing interest in the Titans. Being in North Alabama now, people here are even a passionate about the Titans as Nashvillians or Tennesseans are. There will always be a strong market for football in this area for years to come.

What's more to consider is ownership. I know Bud Adams is a native Houstonian and moved the team away for money anyway, but most people think when he dies, his kids will sell the team. Would a local buyer keep the team here? Or would someone else buy with the intent of moving the Titans to LA? I think the stadium issue is a big deal; it is THE deal, and will Nashvillians be willing to build a new stadium in 13 years? If we're already ready to replace the Convention center, why not the Coliseum too!

• 2 weeks later...

I think you could find some local idiot willing to buy that worthless team. That is, if the price is right and Steve McNair is still the QB, LOL!!!

Can I take it that you're not a football fan, or perhaps not a fan of Bud Adams? :P

You seem to be like a Houston fan circa 1995. I doubt if there's been any other city that lost its NFL franchise that greeted its departure with cheering.

My wife lived in Houston when Adams owned the Oilers. He was so despised (mainly for firing Bum Philips) that according to Houston legend, he couldn't go into a restaurant with his wife without getting roundly booed. :lol:

Can I take it that you're not a football fan, or perhaps not a fan of Bud Adams? :P

I am both. I hate football, football in Tennessee, and I hate Bud Adams casue he is a dick to this fine city of ours and a no show team owner. Unlike Craig Leipold who owns the hockey team here. You never see Adams out in the community, but Leipold hardly seems to stay at home. It would make my day Bud just packed his team up and moved to Birmingham for all I care. The only reason he is here is because city leaders were stupid enough to fall for his BS back in the 90's. Now we have a mediocre football stadium that is falling apart and a pathetic bunch of spoiled hood rats to call a football team. Their fans, not all of them but most, are annoying too.

Yes, I do realize that Bud DOES NOT even live here. Yet again, another reason why he is a pathetic piece of crap.

Can you see the resentment in my words. LOL!!!

This is not meant to be taken personally by any on here. I am from Kentucky where there is life after football season (thankfully).

I am both. I hate football, football in Tennessee, and I hate Bud Adams casue he is a dick to this fine city of ours and a no show team owner. Unlike Craig Leipold who owns the hockey team here. You never see Adams out in the community, but Leipold hardly seems to stay at home.

Adams can be whatever sort of jerk he wants to be because owning an NFL team is the nearest thing to printing your own money--with the TV contract, salary cap, etc., it's guaranteed riches, unlike the other three major sports (I would've said the other TWO major sports, MLB and NBA, Lexy, just to see your interesting response, but decided to be nice. :lol: j/k of course)

While I'm happy to have both the Preds and the Titan's here in town, but I bet if you took a poll, you'd find most people around here would still prefer to have the 2005 Titans (worst year) over the 2004/2006 Predators (best years).

I would have to agree. In fact, I'm so mad at the Preds right now and their attitude about us not buying tickets that I would just as soon tell them to melt the ice and start playing basketball if they want any interest here. I'll buy hockey tickets when the prices for the good seats come down, and we get a player with a southern accent.

Archived