Tri-Cities Photo of the Day

wolverine

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 6 months later...

Man, it's been awhile. I need to get some fresh photos of the tri-cities. Actually this section is in need of a solid Saginaw tour. I took a bunch in December, the weather was terrible and they didn't come out. On the next tour I'll mix things up a bit and feature some more industrial areas as well as a few infill projects. I haven't covered the southside much. It really depresses me how everytime I pass through there, the once vibrant neighborhood commercial districts have just disintegrated into suburban style retail. I know this is probably a lot better for the area, but a sad loss to something so urban. I'll also cover some of Saginaw's wealthier hoods. Also, by request a long time ago, the waterworks plant, and while I'm there, the Japanese Gardens, and maybe even the zoo lol.

Wow, it has been a while. I cant wait for a good Saginaw thread. Ive never really been there, but it seems like a interesting little city, thats just fallen on some real tough times.

I look forward to your photos. Maybe this summer ill have some Tri Cities pics to share.

• 1 month later...

Well, the Tri-Cities PoTD or year, hasn't been updated, so here are a few random shots from Frankenmuth in the Riverplace Shopping Center. The city had a large 'chalk walk' event where participants were given a space to put their artwork. It was getting really late so i only I got a few photos. I spent most of the time taking pictures of the damn ducks. But I did get a few shots of the new hotel in a nearly completed phase which I'll post tomorrow.

489167198_69972e64df_b.jpg

489167220_718a5cad39_b.jpg

A picture of the outdoor shopping complex, I might have posted this before since it's an old one. But it was such the perfect moment

28945568_83833e1ec3_b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I agree. Whoever did the paint scheme on this one was genius. The colors work well together and the building stands out. The one thing that's funny is because it looked SO good, all the buildings around it copied the color scheme! So It's like the purple and green corner.

• 3 weeks later...

Saginaw River. That's the Court Street Bridge in the background. You can see that it was built up on the original bridge piers. I'm guess the old one was an iron truss swing bridge

517342682_6fb0fb04ac_b.jpg

I leave it a mystery to you as to how I got this shot. NO I did not swim in the river!

Edited by wolverine