The Rumor Mill

btoy

Heard from an employee at Garner's that they will be closing and moving to a smaller location in the same shopping center as Fresh Market. They will only carry wellness products, no more grocery items. :(

That makes sense, seeing as how both Earth Fare and Whole Foods are better stores (with friendlier staff too). Fresh Market's move to the area probably didn't help, even though they cater to slightly different audiences.

I still contend that there is a market for a natural foods grocer in the Cherrydale area. It would draw from Paris Mountain, Montebello, some of the downtown residents, and perhaps even Easley.

It appears something will be opening in the old Aladdin's restaurant location. I believe is said "Club Cream" on the banner. I dunno about the rest of y'all, but that sounds like the name of a strip club. Isn't that in the city limits? :unsure:

Edited by Galley

It appears something will be opening in the old Aladdin's restaurant location. I believe is said "Club Cream" on the banner. I dunno about the rest of y'all, but that sounds like the name of a strip club. Isn't that in the city limits? :unsure:

I did not realize that Aladdin's had closed. It sounded like a unique place with belly dancers and a hookah bar...

I totally agree about "Club Cream" sounding like a strip club (not an "upscale" one, either!). :lol:

• 5 weeks later...

I think its nothing but rumor at this point that they will expand up. I've heard the same rumor for a few weeks though and have business in that buidling later today, I will take a peek :ph34r:

A four story addition is planned for the Nuvox building on Main Street. McMillan Smith & Partners is the architect. I don't know if construction has started on it or not.

Edited by citylife

I did not realize that Aladdin's had closed. It sounded like a unique place with belly dancers and a hookah bar...

I totally agree about "Club Cream" sounding like a strip club (not an "upscale" one, either!). :lol:

I enjoyed my visit to Aladdin's. We went right after the place had opened, and the food was not bad at all. I'm sorry to hear that they are no longer open. I think they were not in the best location though, considering the several other restaurants that closed nearby.

• 3 weeks later...

I heard that the Samsung North American headquarters (Project Teal) might involve some corporate space downtown in addition to the space along I-385 in Simpsonville, but have not heard specifics as to how much. Anyone else hearing anything?

Interesting. That would be a good name to have visibly on a tower, or any building really, downtown. Even if it's 5 employees, I'd take it. I hope this information is true!

I heard that the Samsung North American headquarters (Project Teal) might involve some corporate space downtown in addition to the space along I-385 in Simpsonville, but have not heard specifics as to how much. Anyone else hearing anything?

Mentioning Samsung, I drove down Holland Road this weekend past the site. Major site work going on and lots of earth moving equipment. This thing looks official, though no official announcement has been made. Anyone know when an announcement will come out?

Mentioning Samsung, I drove down Holland Road this weekend past the site. Major site work going on and lots of earth moving equipment. This thing looks official, though no official announcement has been made. Anyone know when an announcement will come out?

I hope the activity means it's official. :)

I read an article in the most recent GSA Business about why VW didn't pick us for their manufacturing operation. The article stated that they essentially chose Chattanooga over us because Chattanooga had a large site already prepped for industrial development while the site just across the Greenville County line did not. I am assuming that the activity in Simpsonville means that Samsung has agreed to locate their North American HQ here, but if not then perhaps we have learned something from the failed bid to get VW...

Here's the GSA Business article:

http://www.gsabusiness.com/index.php?optio...4&Itemid=54

I just heard that BJ's Wholesale Club is closing Oct. 16th. :o

http://www.wyff4.com/news/17672296/detail.html Not suprising. There always seemed to be ten cars or less in the parking lot when I would drive by there. I'm suprised it didn't close sooner. I used to be a BJ's member but immediately switched to Costco when they opened. Never looked back after that.

Edited by citylife

• 3 weeks later...

I hope the activity means it's official. :)

As regards Samsung, has an official announcement been made? I knew they had starting prepping the site....that, I thought, was to get Samsung to agree on Greenville. I drove by this evening and construction is well underway on the building. The pad is being poured....steel is on site....construction trailers. I'm guessing this means they officially chose Greenville. Did I miss the announcement? :dontknow:

As regards Samsung, has an official announcement been made? I knew they had starting prepping the site....that, I thought, was to get Samsung to agree on Greenville. I drove by this evening and construction is well underway on the building. The pad is being poured....steel is on site....construction trailers. I'm guessing this means they officially chose Greenville. Did I miss the announcement? :dontknow:

I have not heard an official announcement either. Aren't they (Samsung) supposed to announce their chosen city sometime in October?