The Rumor Mill

btoy

I have not heard an official announcement either. Aren't they (Samsung) supposed to announce their chosen city sometime in October?

I thought the announcement should have been out by now.....today is the final day of October.

So strange to see this major construction project going on with no announcement and no sign at the construction site. You should drive by, the building/construction is moving along rapidly.

I thought the announcement should have been out by now.....today is the final day of October.

So strange to see this major construction project going on with no announcement and no sign at the construction site. You should drive by, the building/construction is moving along rapidly.

Where is it?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

That is indeed going to be the new Samsung call center. :)

I keep asking this because I just find it totally odd. This builiding is moving at lightening speed, but still no announcement. Am I the only one that finds this odd? Usually the announcement comes before the building.

I keep asking this because I just find it totally odd. This builiding is moving at lightening speed, but still no announcement. Am I the only one that finds this odd? Usually the announcement comes before the building.

This facility will replace two vendors that Samsung is using currently and they don't want them to know until they are ready to open this one. These will all be new jobs.

• 3 weeks later...

Did anyone see the article in the greenville news about the USPS building a new central distribution/sorting facility out on fairforest way and moving those operations from the washington st facility to there. This new facility is also going to be a LEED certified building.

Could mean some new development around the washingtn st facility.

• 4 weeks later...

This facility will replace two vendors that Samsung is using currently and they don't want them to know until they are ready to open this one. These will all be new jobs.

Looks like the Samsung announcement should be coming out officially in the next two weeks. This article says that county council has finalized Project Teal and that the project "is in the bag".

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/article/20...NEWS01/90204002

Just this minute heard some fun news (rumor). At Charbucks on my laptop and ran into a local foodie that knows the scene. Apparently an Atlanta Asian restaurant group is planning a new restaurant for Main Street. "Chinoise on Main" Love the name. Anyone know anything? My source is a pretty credible guy. He didn't know the location or timing, but sounded promising.

Just this minute heard some fun news (rumor). At Charbucks on my laptop and ran into a local foodie that knows the scene. Apparently an Atlanta Asian restaurant group is planning a new restaurant for Main Street. "Chinoise on Main" Love the name. Anyone know anything? My source is a pretty credible guy. He didn't know the location or timing, but sounded promising.
Thanks for the tip! <ahttp://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/uploads/emoticons/default_shades.gif' alt=':shades:'> I wonder if it would be a local franchise of the Chinoise Cafe group in Seattle, WA? From their FAQ page, I found these two Q&As interesting:
How do you pronounce Chinoise?

We pronounced it "Sheen-wa"

What does the name Chinoise means?

It means "Asian like" or French for "Chinese"

There's not too many open locations are there? Unless they go to an unoccupied storefront in the West End?

Not many spots at all. I do keep hearing that the city would like a major anchor restaurant (High Cotton type, Rick Erwins type) for the North Main area near the Hyatt. The spot that used to house Cafe Flambe, and then was the extension of Betty Pearls would be a great spot. The outside of the building is wonderful. Would love to see that spot filled.

I once heard that Haywood Mall would be expanding to 1.7 million square feet. That obviously is not true, But I wish it was :) !

I'm the one who posted that rumor before because I had gotten a email saying that it was going to be expanded, then I believe that I went on Wikipedia and it said the same exact thing, so I apologize for my mistake... :shades:

I'm the one who posted that rumor before because I had gotten a email saying that it was going to be expanded, then I believe that I went on Wikipedia and it said the same exact thing, so I apologize for my mistake... :shades:

I would be so happy if it was true! I usually go to the Asheville Mall (okay) because Greenville is farther away. So if they expanded they would have more things like SouthPark has (BCBG, Cheesecake Factory, Juicy, PB Kids & More) and I would not have to go that far! :)

I have heard tons of rumors like that and that sounds like something I would do.

Heard today that a new theater chain is coming to Greenville. Don't know the brand, but the person hinted at Rave http://www.ravemotionpictures.com/ Could this be the new theater planned for Simpsonville?

The plan for the new theater in Simpsonville was OK'd by the city's planning commission. I'm assuming this will be Rave based on what I heard back in October.

Article from GV News about the theater plan:

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/article/20...1/YOURUPSTATE01

The plan for the new theater in Simpsonville was OK'd by the city's planning commission. I'm assuming this will be Rave based on what I heard back in October.

I wish it was going to be a Rave movie theater, but it's not going to be unfortunately. It will be a Great Escape Theater instead: http://www.greatescapetheaters.com/