The Rumor Mill

btoy

• 1 month later...

Word on the street is REI is looking for space in Greenville.

That is good to hear. I was just thinking about REI two days ago, wondering if they are still interested in Greenville since Magnolia Park Town Center's complete inactivity. A compact, two-story store in downtown would be great. Perhaps on or near Falls Street, near Falls Park on the Reedy. Speaking of which, the relocation of the USPS annex on Calvin Street has been moved and no date is set, unfortunately.

A co-worker told me about his wish to open a Hubbell & Hudson - Market & Bistro in downtown Greenville. Talk about a great idea!

• 1 month later...

Quicktrip is planing on building it's first store in SC on Rutherford st across from the new Mcdonalds (the old city wrecker service building). It will be their new "concept " store, about 6000 sq.ft. with 60 parking spaces, out side dining, meals to go.

Quicktrip is planing on building it's first store in SC on Rutherford st across from the new Mcdonalds (the old city wrecker service building). It will be their new "concept " store, about 6000 sq.ft. with 60 parking spaces, out side dining, meals to go.

What is Quicktrip? The only thing i'm coming up with through google is a gas station/convenience store or a flight planning website. Some friends and I were talking about how awesome that building is and all the awesome things it could be...and neither of those were on our list.

What is Quicktrip? The only thing i'm coming up with through google is a gas station/convenience store or a flight planning website. Some friends and I were talking about how awesome that building is and all the awesome things it could be...and neither of those were on our list.

QT is along the lines of Sheetz and Wawa and Spinx. Gas stations with a whole lot more. I keep thinking that they are going the opposite of WalMart and other stores that open gas stations. They open the gas station first, then the megastore....

just a thought. Ok, I need to get to bed. :whistling:

• 2 months later...

More than a rumor.

There is a banner on the front of the building announcing it.

I heard that one too when I was in Greenville last week. Margie is a dear family friend, and I look forward to her opening up again. What would be nice is a German/European Market that sells more than just Haribo and chocolates though.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone have info about this building? Something is going on with it. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this building....the raw attitude in an urban environment...perfect....would like to see Addy do another biergarten here.

IMG_0153.jpg

I don't know that there is a end user yet, but the inside is really cool, the walls are clad in old panel doors collected from homes in the neighborhood that were torn down. hardware and all. The recent rezoning was becuase a portion of the property was zoned residential and needed to be brought inline with rest of property so it could be used for parking.

I don't know that there is a end user yet, but the inside is really cool, the walls are clad in old panel doors collected from homes in the neighborhood that were torn down. hardware and all. The recent rezoning was becuase a portion of the property was zoned residential and needed to be brought inline with rest of property so it could be used for parking.

Thanks for the info.

I am hearing that details about Washington Square will be released in the near future, and it's supposedly going shock us all (in a good way). Dynamic architecture, new tenants to downtown (including two really strong anchors), and a true public gathering space. This area will be a focal point of our urban core along with Falls Park and Main @ Broad.

Anyone else hearing anything?

I am hearing that details about Washington Square will be released in the near future, and it's supposedly going shock us all (in a good way). Dynamic architecture, new tenants to downtown (including two really strong anchors), and a true public gathering space. This area will be a focal point of our urban core along with Falls Park and Main @ Broad.

Anyone else hearing anything?

That's pretty exciting news, I hope that it pans out and construction can start soon on this project. It would be nice to see some exciting development downtown along Main that isnt in the West End. Is HKS Architects designing this? I think Iremember their name being attached to this a while back. Their porfolio on their website is pretty impressive.

That's pretty exciting news, I hope that it pans out and construction can start soon on this project. It would be nice to see some exciting development downtown along Main that isnt in the West End. Is HKS Architects designing this? I think Iremember their name being attached to this a while back. Their porfolio on their website is pretty impressive.

4240 Architecture is designing the development while Civitas Inc. is designing the public use space (Piazza Bergamo).

Edited by citylife

4240 Architecture is designing the development while Civitas Inc. is designing the public use space (Piazza Bergamo).

Thanks Citylife! The Civitas website has design for the Greeville project on it that definately looks interesting in a good way (and provides a hint to the mixed use building) if up to date. It appears as though the building does not front Main St. and tapers back at an angle as it approaches the Piazza which I thought was a no-no though. I like the design WAY better than the old rendering when the project was first announced. I think that I see fabric awnings in the rendering that I assume must be a tie architecturally to texture mill history of the area (and provide shade, that place gets hot in July). I also like that there is still grass there, maybe they will move DTA back there from the Hyatt when it's complete.

Edited by gvegascple