The Rumor Mill

btoy

GvilleSC was telling us a little bit about the possible 8-10 residential tower that could be coming here and said it had a parapit, but obviously it's spelled parapet. Thanks for the info, Fiddlestix and Skyliner. :thumbsup:

Would that molding on the top of the Fieldhouse at West End be considered a parapet?

Well technically, I suppose you could call it so. The actual term used for nearly every short wall around a flat roof is, "knee-wall." Basically the exact same thing.

GvilleSC was telling us a little bit about the possible 8-10 residential tower that could be coming here and said it had a parapit, but obviously it's spelled parapet. Thanks for the info, Fiddlestix and Skyliner. :thumbsup:

Would that molding on the top of the Fieldhouse at West End be considered a parapet?

Exactly! :thumbsup:

Hey-- Today going down Falls St I noticed a dirt lot behind the Greenville News building... Has that been there? It's at the corner of Falls and that very narrow 'street' (across Falls from the Greenville New building). Anyway they were smoothing out the dirt and the building next to it looked to have once had a building attached... And I couldn't remember if there was once something there or it was always that way. Anyone know if something is taking place on this site?

Hey-- Today going down Falls St I noticed a dirt lot behind the Greenville News building... Has that been there? It's at the corner of Falls and that very narrow 'street' (across Falls from the Greenville New building). Anyway they were smoothing out the dirt and the building next to it looked to have once had a building attached... And I couldn't remember if there was once something there or it was always that way. Anyone know if something is taking place on this site?

I'm confused on exactly where your talking about GvilleSC. Is it where the Tower at Falls and Broad was supposed to go next to that ABC Package store or is it somewhere else? Thanks.

I think I know where your talking about now. Is it where that narrow street where the Greenville News trucks go to get the papers meets Falls Street, but across the street and on the same side as the ABC package store. Maybe it's the tower at falls and broad seeing how that was supposed to go on that site? Just kidding seeing how that project has been long dead.

Edited by g-man430

I think I know where your talking about now. Is it where that narrow street where the Greenville News trucks go to get the papers meets Falls Street, but across the street and on the same side as the ABC package store.

exactly where i'm talking about. It's just down from the liquor store. Maybe it will be another parking lot... who knows, but I just figured that red dirt means something is going happen... something.

Looking at this satellite pic taken a year ago, it looks like it was a parking lot before, but it probably isn't anything big though like Skyliner said:

gex-1.jpg

Yeah, I remember parking here for last year's Peleton Project ride. :)

What's a parapit? :dontknow: Oh yeah, I saw NYTransplant at tonight's Drive game. :)

-I'm with Skyliner about the tallest building thing.

I saw g-man and breed at the Drive game. :)

It has grass seed and staw over the dirt today, so I guess it will be a grassy lot for awhile, like the Peacock Hotel & Spa location has been for months now. :(

Well, if I comment on the company and word gets out and ruins the deal and it never happens then was it worth the comment? I don't think so. And it's just a hunch.

The residential tower- I saw it from a distance... But I'd say that it is around ten. The top seemed to have indentions on the top two floors or so on the corners. So, other than a parapit (sp?), it might not be all that dramatic. Maybe the correct phrasing would have been that 'it's not a box'. But the building is kind of skinny, so the indentions, which are sizable, will have an impact on the building's top... Hmm, Sounds kind of confusing. I'll appologize in advance.

True, but you can't blame me for trying to milk info out of you :lol:

Anything that "is not a box" sounds promising! :thumbsup: Keep us updated.

I assume it was scrapped, but anyone ever hear anythign else about that 17 story residential tower rumor that was floating around about a year and a half ago ner cleveland park? That could be really cool. But I guess with the other projects not taking off, this one was probably abandoned.

What is this? I don't remember..

I noticed these items and thought I would post them. Hopefully they mean something might happen with the Woolworth property soon (Washington & Main).

** In the Journal property transactions, it listed this item:

15 Main Seller: Piazza Investors LLC Buyer: Main at Washington LLC Price: 1,340,000

** City Council Agenda for July 31:

Ordinance to authorize the transfer of a contract of sale of real estate and development agreement from Pavilion Development Corp. to Main at Washington LLC for property fronting on West Washington St.

Anybody got any more to add on this one?

Also, I noticed the city is authorizing it's legal department to condemn a vacant lot on Woodland Way. This street serves ase the southern border for Cleveland Park. Anyone know the significance?

What is this? I don't remember..

One of our early members, motonenterprises, was first to mention this proposal on UrbanPlanet.org. That was November 2004, and I would guess it is unlikely to happen, unless this vacant property vicupstate mentioned is the one. Something that tall would bring lots more traffic to those streets, but it is not completely beyond possible. :thumbsup:

Here is the original post about the Cleveland Park tower:

Went to 9th floor of city hall today to dig up more info. There are a lot of planned developments that haven't been announced yet. They lady told me to keep an eye on the lot at the corner of church and north st where the Memorial Auditorium used to be. Major development is planned there and could be as big as the Landmark building. Sounds like Greenville might be getting more skyscrapers. There is also a vision of a residential tower near Cleveland Park. Would be around 17 storys. I am excited! Greenville is becoming a major city.

I noticed these items and thought I would post them. Hopefully they mean something might happen with the Woolworth property soon (Washington & Main).

** In the Journal property transactions, it listed this item:

15 Main Seller: Piazza Investors LLC Buyer: Main at Washington LLC Price: 1,340,000

** City Council Agenda for July 31:

Ordinance to authorize the transfer of a contract of sale of real estate and development agreement from Pavilion Development Corp. to Main at Washington LLC for property fronting on West Washington St.

Anybody got any more to add on this one?

Also, I noticed the city is authorizing it's legal department to condemn a vacant lot on Woodland Way. This street serves ase the southern border for Cleveland Park. Anyone know the significance?

It does mean something. John Boyd of the Boyd Corp and TIC Properties is the registered agent for Main at Washington. He is also part of the Group that owns the BofA tower and some of the other property around Woolworths. They also bought the building where the Plaza at Begamo was to be built.

• 3 weeks later...

Just saw a site plan for the pelham rd / garlington rd development that included Super Target, Fresh Market, Consolidated Theater, Petco and a few others along with some open spaces.

Awesome.

Pelham Road desperately needs a multiplex. Regal regrets tehir move closing the Pelham 10.

Fresh Market is not only looking for new locations, but a relocation. The present North Hills store will move to make way for Bi-Lo's expansion into a Super Bi-Lo. No word yet when The Crate or the beauty supply stores on either side will move.

Just saw a site plan for the pelham rd / garlington rd development that included Super Target, Fresh Market, Consolidated Theater, Petco and a few others along with some open spaces.

Nice. Fresh Market will make NYT very happy. :lol: Another Consolidated Theatre in town will be cool too. I hope it's as nice as Cherrydale. Now if only a SuperTARGET or THE FRESH MARKET would locate up on Poinsett Highway somwhere between Cherrydale and T.R., there would once again be balance in the force. :rolleyes: