The Rumor Mill

btoy

Everytime I try to email him about it, he won't respond. The only time he responds is when I ask him something about the Pinnacle on Main.

On a side note, does Bob seem to mind that you frequently email him? You have done a great job keeping us informed on various projects, and I have always wondered if these people seem to mind that you contact them on a regular basis. :lol:

Everytime I try to email him about it, he won't respond. The only time he responds is when I ask him something about the Pinnacle on Main.

Hmmm... I wonder if he is reluctant to dispell any info b/c it is in a critical stage right now? Perhaps he himself is unsure of how it will turn out, or if at all. But I am with Greenville, you have done an excellent job as our liason! :thumbsup:

btoy, I do seem to remember hearing that it had been reduced, but that it could still be the state's tallest. Was it reduced more? How much? Is it still likely at any level?

just saw a rendering for the Collins Corner development which will go at the corner of Pleasantburg and Cleveland...it will house Port City Java as well as other retail (none of which were named)..the rendering was black and white and did not reveal any materials but looks fairly nice, kinda plain but is a improvement over what is there now......

just saw a rendering for the Collins Corner development which will go at the corner of Pleasantburg and Cleveland...it will house Port City Java as well as other retail (none of which were named)..the rendering was black and white and did not reveal any materials but looks fairly nice, kinda plain but is a improvement over what is there now......

Is this on the wooded corner or the small corner that's currently home to the Goodwill trailer?

Is this on the wooded corner or the small corner that's currently home to the Goodwill trailer?

I believe this is the corner where the Goodwill trailer is. I noticed that a billboard sign was being dismantled from there late last week.

Also, I think a coffee shop might do OK there since there is the new Greenville Tech housing right around the corner. I agree that it is a nice improvement over what is there now.

Edited by DT-Gville

• 4 weeks later...

There is a very large warehouse at the Donaldson Center under lease by Lockheed Martin until the end of the year. It was very under-utilized by Lockheed and it is already being partially used and greatly improved upon by the new owner. They are changing the appearance drasticly and appear to be clearing the land next to it for possibly even more warehouse/office space. I can't say for certain, and have no evidence, but I've heard it could be Bloom. Whatever it is, it's going to be big.

The upstate South Carolina area Food Lion/Bloom stores are currently served by the Elkin, SC distribution facility.

The need for a more localized facility could be necessary because of the unstable gas market and improved efficiency to serve stores in a certain radius.

Publix is/was rumored to also scout the area for a distribution facility from years ago. They have not grown as much in recent years, which may have killed off the idea.

• 2 weeks later...

There is a very large warehouse at the Donaldson Center under lease by Lockheed Martin until the end of the year. It was very under-utilized by Lockheed and it is already being partially used and greatly improved upon by the new owner. They are changing the appearance drasticly and appear to be clearing the land next to it for possibly even more warehouse/office space. I can't say for certain, and have no evidence, but I've heard it could be Bloom. Whatever it is, it's going to be big.

It will not be a Bloom. There is a Bloom opening in Mauldin on Wednesday. Another opening December 13 on Wade Hampton and Buncombe Road. There will be 2 more Blooms opening during the first quarter of the year. One in Simpsonville and one at Pelham Road and Highway 14 behind Bubba Annie's.

There will be some more new Food Lion's in the upstate next year, but I dont believe there will be one in the Donaldson Centre area

It will not be a Bloom. There is a Bloom opening in Mauldin on Wednesday. Another opening December 13 on Wade Hampton and Buncombe Road. There will be 2 more Blooms opening during the first quarter of the year. One in Simpsonville and one at Pelham Road and Highway 14 behind Bubba Annie's.

There will be some more new Food Lion's in the upstate next year, but I dont believe there will be one in the Donaldson Centre area

they are most likely talking about bloom warehouse space.

they are most likely talking about bloom warehouse space.

Correct. Bloom warehouse space. Sorry I didn't make it that clear. Good to hear about the plans for the other stores though.

The rumor is that it would be the Southeastern distribution center. There's still all kinds of work being done to the building, which you can see here in Google Maps. I'll be sure to get pictures if there's any sign of what it is for sure, since I work nearby. I realize warehousing isn't going to make a huge impact on the economy, but this looks like very high-quality and very high-volume warehousing. Certainly put the Southern Connector to use.

Correct. Bloom warehouse space. Sorry I didn't make it that clear. Good to hear about the plans for the other stores though.

The rumor is that it would be the Southeastern distribution center. There's still all kinds of work being done to the building, which you can see here in Google Maps. I'll be sure to get pictures if there's any sign of what it is for sure, since I work nearby. I realize warehousing isn't going to make a huge impact on the economy, but this looks like very high-quality and very high-volume warehousing. Certainly put the Southern Connector to use.

There are only 8 Blooms in NC/SC with only 4 more planned for next year in this area. There are more in the DC area. I would think that the warehouse space be mostly for Food Lion, but Bloom would be serviced out of there as well.

A Bi-Lo on Fork Shoals Road is in the planning process. You're speaking of the location at the West Georgia Road intersection. This is one of several locations Bi-Lo plans to pen in southern Greenville County. Moonville is a definite. A second Fountain Inn location at SC 418 and Fairview Street/Greenpond Road is rumored.

Applebee's confirmed they are staying open. It is their most profitable and busiest location in Greenville. Panera Bread is currently loooking at Lewis Plaza behind Dollar General.

A Bi-Lo on Fork Shoals Road is in the planning process. You're speaking of the location at the West Georgia Road intersection. This is one of several locations Bi-Lo plans to pen in southern Greenville County. Moonville is a definite. A second Fountain Inn location at SC 418 and Fairview Street/Greenpond Road is rumored.

Applebee's confirmed they are staying open. It is their most profitable and busiest location in Greenville. Panera Bread is currently loooking at Lewis Plaza behind Dollar General.

i think a panera bread on Augusta could do very well, especially for the lunch crowd.....any idea where in Lewis Plaza? i thiught the only vacant slot was the old Earth Fare location (and i think that would be a bit big for them) but i haven't been over ther recently.

I heard that the Applebee's on Augusta Rd will be closing due to the new owner of Mcdaniel Village raising rent rates and that Panera Bread will be taking the space.....anybody know anything about that?

The Applebee's wasn't doing as well as it probably could have been... largely due to its smaller footprint... and largely due to the fact that its most accessbile clientele (the Augusta Road crowd) weren't their target patrons.

I think the Panera will do well. The transfer is supposed to happen at the end of year.