The Rumor Mill

btoy

Our sources are apparently saying very different things.

Yes, they are. I frequently eat at this specific location and know most the staff.

Panera Bread came onto the scene because people wanted to cash in on the health food craze. That trend has fizziled and many people are reverting back to the neighborhood bar and grill, which is why chains like Ruby Tuesday and Applebee's are faring well.

There have been rumors months ago of Applebee's relocating toward the interstate or near Greenvilel Hospital System Memorial Medical Campus because of the need for more room. Staying in their present location where it has steady business leaves little doubt not to relocate.

Edited by BoDragon

Yes, they are. I frequently eat at this specific location and know most the staff.

Panera Bread came onto the scene because people wanted to cash in on the health food craze. That trend has fizziled and many people are reverting back to the neighborhood bar and grill, which is why chains like Ruby Tuesday and Applebee's are faring well.

I don't think the trend toward healthier eating has fizzled at all. Rather, as many consumers have become more informed, restaurants like Applebee's and Ruby Tuesday have been forced to adapt. Just a quick glance at Ruby Tuesday's menu shows an entire page of their menu packed with "Smart Eating" choices. I believe Applebee's has done something similar.

It will be interesting to see what happens on Augusta with both Applebee's and Panera.

I would agree with Greenville, here. The healthy eating craze hasn't fizzled at all. Instead, these other neighborhood bar & grill (and mainstream fast food establishments) have adapted to provide more health conscious selections. It's nice to be able to go just about anywhere and find something that fits with my style of eating.

Now if they'd just list the amount of protein, fat, and carbohydrates for each menu item and try to adhere to those amounts with what's actually served to you, we'd be alright. :thumbsup:

Interesting development, indeed. I assume that they will need to do some extensive remodeling to switch from Microtel to Hotel Indigo.

I went to the website, and Hotel Indigo currently has six hotels nationwide: Atlanta Midtown, Chicago Gold Coast, Chicago-Schaumburg North, Dallas, Houston at the Galleria, and Sarasota. The website currently has two hotels as "coming soon:" Ottawa downtown City Centre and Scottsdale.

Good stuff. :shades:

A large commercial/light industrial building at the junction of Poinsett, Buncombe and Pete Hollis has a "sold" sign on it (listed by Colliers Keenan). There is also an adjacent building (The Hair Place)that has been closed since the Hollis Highway work started.

The Journal has said that developers from out of state have been scoping the area.

Can some of the Commercial Realtors in the forum get any info on this sale and what plans their might be??

A large commercial/light industrial building at the junction of Poinsett, Buncombe and Pete Hollis has a "sold" sign on it (listed by Colliers Keenan). There is also an adjacent building (The Hair Place)that has been closed since the Hollis Highway work started.

The Journal has said that developers from out of state have been scoping the area.

Can some of the Commercial Realtors in the forum get any info on this sale and what plans their might be??

I thought the sign said "GONE!" :lol: I'm curious, too, if anybody has any details on what the plans may be for anything along this stretch of Poinsett. I'm looking forward to great improvements for this area, myself. :thumbsup:

I thought the sign said "GONE!" :lol: I'm curious, too, if anybody has any details on what the plans may be for anything along this stretch of Poinsett. I'm looking forward to great improvements for this area, myself. :thumbsup:

I drive by that Intersection a lot. The Pete Hollis Statue/garden is going in at the intersection between Pete Hollis (formally Old Buncombe) and Rutherford (which turns into Poinsett right past WYFF). It's good to see Poinsett Hwy getting some revitalization work going but it looks like it's going to be an uphill battle. Looks like they are starting to do some work where the old Hess Station used to be. I've never understood the wonky landscaping there. Hopefully they can find a way to even things out a bit.

I'm very impressed with the Viola Street revitialization. That used to be one of the most run down,crime ridden and slum like sections of Greenville. Now it's in such good shape that I would consider moving there!

Another interesting development is the Photo Studio/Coffee House being put into the space next to the dollar general at the beginning of Poinsett Hwy. Sounds like a place I would love to visit however the choice of the location does concern me but them for having the guts to set up shop there and help bring in revitalization.

Another interesting development is the Photo Studio/Coffee House being put into the space next to the dollar general at the beginning of Poinsett Hwy. Sounds like a place I would love to visit however the choice of the location does concern me but them for having the guts to set up shop there and help bring in revitalization.

It's not guts...it's foresight. :thumbsup: I've been meaning to get some photos of these places and post them here to help promote them. The lady whose husband has revitalized both the Dollar General and this building next door is a member of U.P. and has posted a time or two here. It'd be great to have her pipe in again with an update of what's going on. :lol:

Everyone hold onto your hats and take a seat. This rumor is by far the most awesome yet! :yahoo:

Rolls-Royce is looking at several locations in Southern states for its new global center. South Carolina is one of the states on the list. I have heard that CU-ICAR would be the most logical choice in this state for them to locate and could give us a lift over the other locations. This is in no way a final deal, but it sure does sound phenomenal! The company does far more than just build luxury cars. :w00t:

I'll add what I know on this....

I know there is large international company looking at Upstate......for 700 plus jobs......land along I-85.......50% research and 50% assembly / manufacturing. I've known this for several months but didn't know the exact company.

Could these two things be the same?

With GE wind turbines made here, CU-ICAR, among other things....this could be the rumored company. Rolls Royce is a large manufacturer of airplane engines.

Hmmmm......interesting.

Edited by gsupstate

Wow!!! One more thing that works in our favor.....Rolls Royce (car, not sure about air and other divisions) is owned by BMW. Hmmmm...... That could definitely work in our favor seeing as how BMW has a love affair with the Upstate. :D

http://www.rolls-royce.com/about/brand/history.jsp

This area has very strong potential in that industry, no doubt. :thumbsup:

Everyone hold onto your hats and take a seat. This rumor is by far the most awesome yet! :yahoo:

Rolls-Royce is looking at several locations in Southern states for its new global center. South Carolina is one of the states on the list. I have heard that CU-ICAR would be the most logical choice in this state for them to locate and could give us a lift over the other locations. This is in no way a final deal, but it sure does sound phenomenal! The company does far more than just build luxury cars. :w00t:

Very interesting. I was in Charleston for the weekend, and a few of my contacts down there seem to think that they are the leader for the Rolls-Royce center. Hope that's not the case <_< , but I suppose as long as it ends up in SC it would benefit us all.

Edited by cutiger